What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Dolphins 11-4 at Ravens 12-3*** (-3.5, 46.5) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Down 22, score a TD early 4th...

Score a TD/XP
Score a TD/XP
And you are down 8 and in a 1 score game

Miami is now down 16 and likely would need an extra possession...
Mike McD at his BEST

Lamar, I swear to God - if you start turning the ball over, I'll listen to Billy Joel's Greatest Hits on loop. Nobody except Todem & my ex-wives wants to see that happen to me.

Down 22, score a TD early 4th...

Score a TD/XP
Score a TD/XP
And you are down 8 and in a 1 score game

Miami is now down 16 and likely would need an extra possession...
Mike McD at his BEST
This Fangio defense will give up 500+ yards today. I'll give him a pass, because of MVP Lamar.
Yep......letdown. I had not been this jacked up for a Fins game in 30 years.

Ugh.

No one is buying this.

>>Mike McDaniel said it was his decision to keep his starters on the field late. He said he knows the decision doesn’t look smart after Bradley Chubb’s injury but said that players wanted to finish the game strong, regardless of the score.“I would like a time machine for sure.”<<

No one is buying this.

>>Mike McDaniel said it was his decision to keep his starters on the field late. He said he knows the decision doesn’t look smart after Bradley Chubb’s injury but said that players wanted to finish the game strong, regardless of the score.“I would like a time machine for sure.”<<
The head coach decides who is playing. Yeah it was on him.

No one is buying this.

Of course. Inexcusable that he didn’t learn by losing Philips a few weeks ago in a similar situation. And to insinuate that they could possibly come back and win mentioning last years game vs the Ravens is laughable.

No one is buying this.

Yes it was ultimately on McDaniel, but wouldn't respected experienced highly-paid Fangio have a say?

What I'm not buying is players wanting to finish the game strong as a factor in his decision to keep them in late versus 5th stringers like Melvin Gordon, when he has been super-cautious with player's health otherwise. Mike and Fangio dropped the ball.

Fins injuries catching up to them.
Bills didn't look great today but Miami has a tough hill to climb next week with Buffalo.

Last edited:
Fangio on player safety. He has a history with Harbaugh. Is this irony, hypocrisy, karma,etc?

>>Two year ago, Fangio objected when in the final seconds of a 23-7 Ravens win, Harbaugh had quarterback Lamar Jackson run the ball rather than take a knee.

Jackson gained 5 yards, which gave the Ravens 102 rushing yards and extended their streak to an NFL record-tying 43 games with at least 100 yards.

I thought it was kinda (B.S.), but I expected it from them,” Fangio said then, as Denver head coach. “Thirty-seven years in pro ball. I’ve never seen anything like that, but it was to be expected.”

Why?

“Because I just know how they operate," Fangio added. "That’s just their mode of operations there. Player safety is secondary.”<<

Fangio on player safety. He has a history with Harbaugh. Is this irony, hypocrisy, karma,etc?

>>Two year ago, Fangio objected when in the final seconds of a 23-7 Ravens win, Harbaugh had quarterback Lamar Jackson run the ball rather than take a knee.

Jackson gained 5 yards, which gave the Ravens 102 rushing yards and extended their streak to an NFL record-tying 43 games with at least 100 yards.

I thought it was kinda (B.S.), but I expected it from them,” Fangio said then, as Denver head coach. “Thirty-seven years in pro ball. I’ve never seen anything like that, but it was to be expected.”

Why?

“Because I just know how they operate," Fangio added. "That’s just their mode of operations there. Player safety is secondary.”<<

It would be one thing if the Ravens scored again, but just 5 yards to keep streak? Me thinks he dost protest too much--

It would be one thing if the Ravens scored again, but just 5 yards to keep streak? Me thinks he dost protest too much--
Maybe Fangio is over rated. Good defense when he has really good players, but can't adjust to hide deficiencies versus good offenses. This Fangio defense has given up 2 perfect passer ratings to Allen and Jackson.

A side issue is why is 2nd round rookie Cam Smith in witness protection. Apple and X haven't been good this year.

Maybe Fangio is over rated. Good defense when he has really good players, but can't adjust to hide deficiencies versus good offenses. This Fangio defense has given up 2 perfect passer ratings to Allen and Jackson.

A side issue is why is 2nd round rookie Cam Smith in witness protection. Apple and X haven't been good this year.
X sucks for what we are paying him. Sure he is a good CB2 opposite Ramsey but he isn't paid to be a second CB. He needs to be gone during the offseason.

THIS!!! He cannot be worse than Eli Apple. If he is, then we need a new GM. Eli Apple would be getting burned in the XFL. He cannot play pro football.

Users who are viewing this thread