What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don Lemon guest states Reparations must go back to origins of Supply Chain (2 Viewers)

It’s the racial aspect of American slavery which made it almost unique, and especially evil, and our greatest national shame. That’s what seems to be being forgotten here.
you know why there isn't a sizable population of Africans in the middle east? they castrated the male slaves.

the American slave trade was not unique.
It was absolutely unique for several reasons.

Whitney’s cotton gin came on the heels of the Enlightenment, and the ideals of the American Revolution. Jefferson himself, a slave owner, was aware of the contradiction but didn’t know how to solve it. His descendants in the slave states did: by declaring that slavery was a positive moral good.

In other words American slavery was worse than any other historical slavery not only because it was racial but because we knew better. We understood and revered individual rights. That’s why our shame is so great.

Slavery was abolished over 100 year before I was born and 80 years before my grandparent came to America during the Holocaust. People want reparations, go find the descendant's of slave owners and have them pay the descendant's of slaves and sue them in court. I am under no such obligation to pay anyone anything and feel no shame whatsoever for something that happened over a century before I was born.
Man please don't sue me. I have nothing to do with the sins of my Great Great Grandfather. Besides the carpet baggers took everything he had during reconstruction . Might not be enough of a punishment I don't know but according to family legend he did suffer.

As far as coming after me man with this inflation I can barely afford to pay attention much less reparations.

It’s the racial aspect of American slavery which made it almost unique, and especially evil, and our greatest national shame. That’s what seems to be being forgotten here.
you know why there isn't a sizable population of Africans in the middle east? they castrated the male slaves.

Whitney’s cotton gin came on the heels of the Enlightenment, and the ideals of the American Revolution. Jefferson himself, a slave owner, was aware of the contradiction but didn’t know how to solve it. His descendants in the slave states did: by declaring that slavery was a positive moral good.

In other words American slavery was worse than any other historical slavery not only because it was racial but because we knew better. We understood and revered individual rights. That’s why our shame is so great.

Slavery was abolished over 100 year before I was born and 80 years before my grandparent came to America during the Holocaust. People want reparations, go find the descendant's of slave owners and have them pay the descendant's of slaves and sue them in court. I am under no such obligation to pay anyone anything and feel no shame whatsoever for something that happened over a century before I was born.
Man please don't sue me. I have nothing to do with the sins of my Great Great Grandfather. Besides the carpet baggers took everything he had during reconstruction . Might not be enough of a punishment I don't know but according to family legend he did suffer.

As far as coming after me man with this inflation I can barely afford to pay attention much less reparations.

Then I'm going to have to ask you to pay my student loans. We'll get to reparations in the next election cycle.

:bs: , Tim.

I absolutely LOVE how you completely absolve the actions of the African tribes and Kings. They are DIRECTLY responsible in the slave trade and no amount of your white guilt or revisionist history is going to be able to cover for them.

American slavery is neither unique nor uniquely American. That's a fallacy. For most of WORLD HISTORY, there have been slaves and they were all treated badly. And that includes African kingdoms, American Indians, Romans, Vikings and anyone else you can think of - they ALL invested in slaves and the slave trade.

I can say that I speak for everyone when I say your arguments and excuse-making is soundly rejected by the facts and REAL history, not the revised version you and your side of the aisle are trying to write.

I absolutely LOVE how you completely absolve the actions of the African tribes and Kings. They are DIRECTLY responsible in the slave trade and no amount of your white guilt or revisionist history is going to be able to cover for them.

American slavery is neither unique nor uniquely American. That's a fallacy. For most of WORLD HISTORY, there have been slaves and they were all treated badly. And that includes African kingdoms, American Indians, Romans, Vikings and anyone else you can think of - they ALL invested in slaves and the slave trade.

I can say that I speak for everyone when I say your arguments and excuse-making is soundly rejected by the facts and REAL history, not the revised version you and your side of the aisle are trying to write.
You’re repeating a lot of bad information here. No offense but you’ve consistently shown a propensity for spouting false historical narratives which line up with your political views rather than what actually happened. You’ve done this on a variety of issues, especially your inability to differentiate between the Social Democrat movement and the horrors of 20th century Communism. You’re doing it again here. I suspect, but don’t know, that it’s because you’re getting your information from right wing talk radio and related pseudo-historians.

It would take me way too long to explain why almost all of your suppositions in the above post are factually in error. There are, however, all sorts of articles on the internet that debunk most of the myths you profess to believe in. Here is one example of many:

There’s also a lot of very good books on this subject. If you don’t want someone that you think is “liberal”, might I again suggest Paul Johnson to you? I’ve recommended him before; he is an excellent British historian, politically very conservative. But his fine History of the American People explores American slavery from an honest, distant perspective.

You’re repeating a lot of bad information here. No offense but you’ve consistently shown a propensity for spouting false historical narratives which line up with your political views rather than what actually happened. You’ve done this on a variety of issues, especially your inability to differentiate between the Social Democrat movement and the horrors of 20th century Communism. You’re doing it again here. I suspect, but don’t know, that it’s because you’re getting your information from right wing talk radio and related pseudo-historians.

It would take me way too long to explain why almost all of your suppositions in the above post are factually in error. There are, however, all sorts of articles on the internet that debunk most of the myths you profess to believe in. Here is one example of many:

There’s also a lot of very good books on this subject. If you don’t want someone that you think is “liberal”, might I again suggest Paul Johnson to you? I’ve recommended him before; he is an excellent British historian, politically very conservative. But his fine History of the American People explores American slavery from an honest, distant perspective.
The only one pushing half-truths, lies and confirmation bias is you. It's a fallacy you've chose to believe. You even linked a SLATE article to "prove" your bias. Slate. I mean, c'mon.

You guys NEED to rewrite history because your side of the aisle is trying to cover up their MAJOR part in the whole thing.

Last edited:
q

There’s also a lot of very good books on this subject. If you don’t want someone that you think is “liberal”, might I again suggest Paul Johnson to you? I’ve recommended him before; he is an excellent British historian, politically very conservative. But his fine History of the American People explores American slavery from an
Black-Rednecks-white-Liberals-Thomas-Sowell

you should read this tim.

q

There’s also a lot of very good books on this subject. If you don’t want someone that you think is “liberal”, might I again suggest Paul Johnson to you? I’ve recommended him before; he is an excellent British historian, politically very conservative. But his fine History of the American People explores American slavery from an

Yeah I like Thomas Sowell but I strongly disagree with him. But he’s a smart dude. I haven’t read his writings on slavery, only on modern politics, but frankly I’d be surprised if he lined up with the revisionist tripe that Blade is spouting. Anything’s possible I guess.

Incidentally whenever anyone says “black redneck” to me I immediately think of Karl Malone.

q

Yeah I like Thomas Sowell but I strongly disagree with him. But he’s a smart dude. I haven’t read his writings on slavery, only on modern politics, but frankly I’d be surprised if he lined up with the revisionist tripe that Blade is spouting. Anything’s possible I guess.

Incidentally whenever anyone says “black redneck” to me I immediately think of Karl Malone.

The only revision going on here is the one you're pushing. :shrug:

It's time to put the talking points down and come to grips with harsh reality, Tim.

Anytime you recommend any kind of reading, then try to add "he has a conservative viewpoint" I chuckle. You absolutely don't fully understand most of what you read, and you've proven this time and time again. But it's fun to watch you try to sell people on your readings.

Interesting read. Essentially the article admits everything is true and their own counterpoint is -Like, hey maaaaan, not cool bro.

Most black folks dont consider themselves victims and you should stop trying to make them so. Its counterproductive to your intentions.

Interesting read. Essentially the article admits everything is true and their own counterpoint is -Like, hey maaaaan, not cool bro.

Most black folks dont consider themselves victims and you should stop trying to make them so. Its counterproductive to your intentions.

That's exactly what Thomas Sowell writes. Paraphrasing but he says when a black kid is bad at basketball the people around him don't say, "it's ok, basketball is a racist sport, it's not your fault you're not good at that". Instead, they tell him, go out an practice. Get better. Work at it. And then the kid spends hours learning how to dribble and shoot until he gets good at the task. But when it comes to something like education, they don't force the child to work at it. They blame racism for the child's shortcomings and use it as a crutch. Then the child doesn't work at getting better at it.

He's also against affirmative action and spent time on the admissions board of the college he worked at where he was dismayed at the admissions process using race as an qualifying factor. He said the worst thing you can do is admit a student on the basis of race and not on merit. It sets the student up to fail because he didn't earn the right to be there with the other students. He'd rather place the student in an institution where the student gained admission on merit.

Sowell said if white people want to help black people they should leave them alone and stop with all the racial programs because it holds them back more than it helps.

The libs need them to be victims so they can keep crying racism and get votes. They try to convince them they have to rely on the government because they can’t help themselves. It’s quite a racist thing they do

That's exactly what Thomas Sowell writes. Paraphrasing but he says when a black kid is bad at basketball the people around him don't say, "it's ok, basketball is a racist sport, it's not your fault you're not good at that". Instead, they tell him, go out an practice. Get better. Work at it. And then the kid spends hours learning how to dribble and shoot until he gets good at the task. But when it comes to something like education, they don't force the child to work at it. They blame racism for the child's shortcomings and use it as a crutch. Then the child doesn't work at getting better at it.

He's also against affirmative action and spent time on the admissions board of the college he worked at where he was dismayed at the admissions process using race as an qualifying factor. He said the worst thing you can do is admit a student on the basis of race and not on merit. It sets the student up to fail because he didn't earn the right to be there with the other students. He'd rather place the student in an institution where the student gained admission on merit.

Sowell said if white people want to help black people they should leave them alone and stop with all the racial programs because it holds them back more than it helps.
The fact that Thomas Sowell isn’t one of the most widely known and celebrated figures in history is strictly due to pure evil and manipulation by our so-called leaders.

The libs need them to be victims so they can keep crying racism and get votes. They try to convince them they have to rely on the government because they can’t help themselves. It’s quite a racist thing they do
100% It’s gross, evil and self serving.

I've mentioned this repeatedly, but racism NEVER left the Democrat Party - it just went from a physical enslavement to a virtual one with their policies and virtue signaling.

I have never been in a black household that didn’t force their children to work on their education.

I have never been in a black household that didn’t force their children to work on their education.

His observation wasn't meant to be absolute. I'm sure people could show anecdotal evidence to the contrary.

And here we get to the main problem with Sowell. He’s not wrong in some of his arguments. But they’re micro arguments and he’s attempting to use them to shape a macro discussion.

For example, affirmative action. He makes a very good point about one negative aspect of affirmative action, which is that some blacks will not be credited for their achievements. And that indeed has happened. But Sowell’s solution is to do away with affirmative action. And that would lead to far worse results, because what Sowell refuses to acknowledge is that institutionalized racism remains present in our society. Sowell and those that agree with him seem to live in a fantasy world in which racism has gone away; therefore we can safely do away with any laws we designed to rectify it, like affirmative action. But it hasn’t gone away. It’s still here. We don’t live in a color blind society and until we do we need to have laws that promote racial diversity.

The last two posts from @Snotbubbles and @STEADYMOBBIN 22 really ends all revisionist history and white-guilt policy arguments. Excellent work, guys! :thumbup:
This is a sad post. You’re relying on a guy, @STEADYMOBBIN 22 , who unfortunately has no better knowledge of our history than you do (at least per his posts). @Snotbubbles on the other had is a very well informed guy but his argument has little to do with the actual history and much more to do with how we should proceed now. I agree with many of his points though not his ultimate conclusions.

The last two posts from @Snotbubbles and @STEADYMOBBIN 22 really ends all revisionist history and white-guilt policy arguments. Excellent work, guys! :thumbup:
This is a sad post. You’re relying on a guy, @STEADYMOBBIN 22 , who unfortunately has no better knowledge of our history than you do (at least per his posts). @Snotbubbles on the other had is a very well informed guy but his argument has little to do with the actual history and much more to do with how we should proceed now. I agree with many of his points though not his ultimate conclusions.
Excuse me? There's someone here who doesn't understand history and it's you. :shrug:

You read an article that confirms your bias and suddenly declare it to be true. Your version of history is incorrect, Tim. It's covered in white-guilt, platitudes and virtue-signaling all in an attempt to satisfy the liberal dogma. Free your mind. Don't be subservient to orthodoxy.

You know nothing, Tim Snowchet.

Excuse me? There's someone here who doesn't understand history and it's you. :shrug:

You read an article that confirms your bias and suddenly declare it to be true. Your version of history is incorrect, Tim. It's covered in white-guilt, platitudes and virtue-signaling all in an attempt to satisfy the liberal dogma. Free your mind. Don't be subservient to orthodoxy.

You know nothing, Tim Snowchet.
Appreciate the compliment. My wife thinks I look like Jon Snow.

Well no she doesn’t.

And here we get to the main problem with Sowell. He’s not wrong in some of his arguments. But they’re micro arguments and he’s attempting to use them to shape a macro discussion.

For example, affirmative action. He makes a very good point about one negative aspect of affirmative action, which is that some blacks will not be credited for their achievements. And that indeed has happened. But Sowell’s solution is to do away with affirmative action. And that would lead to far worse results, because what Sowell refuses to acknowledge is that institutionalized racism remains present in our society. Sowell and those that agree with him seem to live in a fantasy world in which racism has gone away; therefore we can safely do away with any laws we designed to rectify it, like affirmative action. But it hasn’t gone away. It’s still here. We don’t live in a color blind society and until we do we need to have laws that promote racial diversity.

He actually speaks to that. He says racism still exists in America today, but it isn't something that is so prevalent to prevent an individual from achieving whatever goals in life they wish to achieve. I'm less eloquent about his positions and it's been a couple years since I've read his works. Might go back and re-read again.

It's covered in white-guilt, platitudes and virtue-signaling all in an attempt to satisfy the liberal dogma.
More MAGA talking points. :lol:

Rubiobot: "(Calls DNC TP Hotline) I don't know how to respond to people who I don't agree with. What should I do?"

DNC TP Hotline: "Hi Rubiobot. Thanks for calling in again today. Good foot soldiers always check in with their superiors. Anyways, in answer to your question, just respond with 'More MAGA talking points' whenever someone disagrees with you."

Rubiobot: "Thank so much!"

DNC TP Hotline: "No problem. That's what we're here for. Talk to you again tomorrow morning!"

It's covered in white-guilt, platitudes and virtue-signaling all in an attempt to satisfy the liberal dogma.
More DNC Talking Points handed down from on high. :ROFLMAO:

Rubiobot: "(Calls DNC TP Hotline) I don't know how to respond to people who I don't agree with. What should I do?"

DNC TP Hotline: "Hi Rubiobot. Thanks for calling in again today. Good foot soldiers always check in with their superiors. Anyways, in answer to your question, just respond with 'More MAGA talking points' whenever someone disagrees with you."

DNC TP Hotline: "No problem. That's what we're here for. Talk to you again tomorrow morning!"
White guilt IS a MAGA talking point.

how about the point he makes about mismatched students?

EVERY one of your posts is a DNC Talking Point. Do you actually offer any thoughts of your own?

EVERY one of your posts is a DNC Talking Point. Do you actually offer any thoughts of your own?

Grrr,,,,,mmmhhh… Trump BAD…. Hrmmm,,ahhh…MAGA BAD….

I think a lot of this also misinterprets the intent of people who might disagree with him. I have yet to meet anybody, even if they do think racial elements are at play still and should be addressed, say they think people shouldn't have to work to get things or teach their kids to give up and not try.

Users who are viewing this thread