What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Downton Abbey (1 Viewer)

some serious chewing of scenery by Maggie Smith
Man, I just think she's the bees knees. Hilarious.
the wasps windpipe and the hornets hooha, too. none munched celluloid like the 60s Brits & she's one of the few we have left.
What I find fascinating is how Isobel Crawley loathes violet, but Isobel shares some of the same characteristics.
Not to beg further points, but among many S2 disappointments was what a prig they turned her into. Penny Winton went toe2toe with Smith in S1 - did Dame Meg win a between-seasons turf war?

'wikkidpissah said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'wikkidpissah said:
'jdoggydogg said:
some serious chewing of scenery by Maggie Smith
Man, I just think she's the bees knees. Hilarious.
the wasps windpipe and the hornets hooha, too. none munched celluloid like the 60s Brits & she's one of the few we have left.
What I find fascinating is how Isobel Crawley loathes violet, but Isobel shares some of the same characteristics.
Not to beg further points, but among many S2 disappointments was what a prig they turned her into. Penny Winton went toe2toe with Smith in S1 - did Dame Meg win a between-seasons turf war?
Yeah, I liked her more when she was humble.

Hey Wikkid,

I'm about 1/2 way through season 2, and I understand your contention that the show's devolving into a soap opera. Yes, that's true in some ways. But I love these characters so much, and the material is so emotionally powerful, I just don't care.

Downton Abbey Season 2 i still far superior to almost every TV show ever made.

Hey Wikkid,I'm about 1/2 way through season 2, and I understand your contention that the show's devolving into a soap opera. Yes, that's true in some ways. But I love these characters so much, and the material is so emotionally powerful, I just don't care. Downton Abbey Season 2 i still far superior to almost every TV show ever made.
glad you're liking it. wish i could have said the same (although the Christmas show which concludes S2 wasnt completely terrible). one of the things that hurt it for me was a weak understanding of the Great War (the war i know the most about, as a result of research on a project) and that which should have made S2 so much more rich served the opposite effect.

'wikkidpissah said:
'jdoggydogg said:
Hey Wikkid,I'm about 1/2 way through season 2, and I understand your contention that the show's devolving into a soap opera. Yes, that's true in some ways. But I love these characters so much, and the material is so emotionally powerful, I just don't care. Downton Abbey Season 2 i still far superior to almost every TV show ever made.
glad you're liking it. wish i could have said the same (although the Christmas show which concludes S2 wasnt completely terrible). one of the things that hurt it for me was a weak understanding of the Great War (the war i know the most about, as a result of research on a project) and that which should have made S2 so much more rich served the opposite effect.
Then I suppose my ignorance of The Great War is helping me enjoy the show :yes:

I only skimmed the thread to avoid any spoilers, but I just found this on Netflix and I'm hooked. Love a good British drama.

'Good said:
Is it really "illegally downloading" if it's on public television? :shrug:
Lord Grantham seems to think so.
Interviewer: I’ve actually already watched it on the Internet.Hugh Bonneville: I wish you hadn’t told me you had watched it illegally, that’s really pissing me off. Shame on you. Be ashamed.

'Good said:
Interviewer: I’ve actually already watched it on the Internet.Hugh Bonneville: I wish you hadn’t told me you had watched it illegally, that’s really pissing me off. Shame on you. Be ashamed.
BBC version is not formatted to length and has 3-8 minutes of extra content each episode. PBS can suck it.

BBC version is not formatted to length and has 3-8 minutes of extra content each episode. PBS can suck it.
Netflix has the full BBC version.

I'm hoping Netflix will get Season 2 uploaded soon. I'm only halfway through and have been buying the episodes one at a time to watch on plane rides.

Also...love the theme song.

If someone sees S3E1 pop up on piratebay with a good rip please bump. tia

Airs in 40 minutes, 90 minute ep so figure 15 min to encode and 20 to get. Maybe good seeds by 5pm CST.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might know something about a private UK tracker. PM your email if you're interested.

Nothing on tvtorrents yet. My wife loves this show, told her I'd look around for the new episodes.

"Need to know anything, dear?"

"Ma, remember when I killed a Turk with my vagina on my first try in Season 1? Yeah, I think I got this."

"Ma, remember when I killed a Turk with my vagina on my first try in Season 1? Yeah, I think I got this."
:lmao: That's what I was thinking. When she came down the stairs in her wedding dress I was hoping Carson would say "You're wearing white? wtf?"

:lmao: That's what I was thinking. When she came down the stairs in her wedding dress I was hoping Carson would say "You're wearing white? wtf?"
The wife said they never consummated. Is that the case?
It was never shown, but I believe that the implication was very strong that they had indeed knocked boots.

Pretty sure that Turk went all Midnight Express on her.

So episode 1 from season three was fantastic, as usual.

I feel like a 15 year old girl when I watch this show, because it continuously makes me teary :cry:

It was never shown, but I believe that the implication was very strong that they had indeed knocked boots.
It was shown and also mentioned several times that she was no longer pure.

Right, but in the early 1900s, just the implication of unwedded fornication could ruin a woman.

Right, but in the early 1900s, just the implication of unwedded fornication could ruin a woman.
Yes and no.

I thought the old flame slipping Tom a mickey was a little laughable. Dude carries around rufies just in case?

'Good said:
'Marvin said:
'Good said:
'Marvin said:
I thought the old flame slipping Tom a mickey was a little laughable. Dude carries around rufies just in case?
Seems a little rape-y to me.I also chuckled because his name was "Larry."
Larry "The Rapist" Grey
"Dose me! Dose me!"-Edith
I'm hoping Edith falls down a well or something. She doesn't bring much to the show. Speaking of that...I'm not sure I'm really digging Shirley MacLaine so far. Is the point of her character just to be an American version of Violet? Just another old loudmouth to butt heads with?

'Good said:
'Marvin said:
'Good said:
'Marvin said:
Larry "The Rapist" Grey
I'm hoping Edith falls down a well or something. She doesn't bring much to the show. Speaking of that...I'm not sure I'm really digging Shirley MacLaine so far. Is the point of her character just to be an American version of Violet? Just another old loudmouth to butt heads with?
Her sole purpose, so far, seems to beat everyone over the head with how important it is to be modern and break from tradition. A bit heavy-handed if you ask me, I hope they flesh her out a bit more.I don't mind Edith's character at all. Also, not that ugly, apparently.

'Good said:
'Marvin said:
'Good said:
'Marvin said:
Larry "The Rapist" Grey
Her sole purpose, so far, seems to beat everyone over the head with how important it is to be modern and break from tradition. A bit heavy-handed if you ask me, I hope they flesh her out a bit more.I don't mind Edith's character at all. Also, not that ugly, apparently.
Well yeah... when you dress her up like the Whore of Babylon.

Users who are viewing this thread