What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DRAFT CHICKS > Anyone get them? (1 Viewer)

Hiring "draft chicks" is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. No offense, but fantasy football is kind of a nerdy activity. The last thing I would want is for hot chicks to see my doing a football draft.Besides, having to pay money to a hot chick seems kind of pathetic and desperate doesn't it?
:goodposting: Paying pretty girls to participate in your activities is like going to a strip club and paying girls cash to pretend to be interested in you. To each his own, so I hope everyone who does it has fun. But to me it's a bit weird.Now, if some wives or girlfriends wanted to help out with the draft...wonderful. Or someone you know volunteers to be a part of it because she thinks it's cool, great. But to have to pay someone so you can look at them while conducting a fantasy football draft? I just can't see doing that.

Hiring "draft chicks" is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. No offense, but fantasy football is kind of a nerdy activity. The last thing I would want is for hot chicks to see my doing a football draft.

Besides, having to pay money to a hot chick seems kind of pathetic and desperate doesn't it?
Do you think it's an accident that most sports bars hire attractive girls to be bartenders/waitresses? Do you tip them for bringing you beers in a bar?

What's wrong with paying them for bringing you beers at your draft?

She's a good friend and might even do it for free but why would I ask her to do that? She should be paid for her time and I think $10 per guy is a steal for us to have someone post all the pics, and bring us beers for 3 hours. The fact that she'll be dressed to impress is gravy. :rolleyes:

You may be overly insecure about your FF habit but any chicks over 15 are well aware of the hobby and it's mainstream enough now that most chicks don't view it as "nerdy"... and better yet, turns out most girls over the age of 15 get over that judgmental stage anyway. Growing up is kinda neat.
They've grown up enough to charge you for it. And I think you're kidding yourself if you believe their service there is bringing you beers (like you're not able to handle that task) or putting picks up on a draft board (like everyone doesn't keep track of it on their own anyway). They're there to look sexy and be seen catering to men who don't normally get that kind of attention (I say that because if they did, they'd have one of those girls do it and they wouldn't get charged).Please don't misunderstand. They're not doing anything wrong, and I don't have any problem with women being utilized in this way. It's the having to pay for it part that looks kind of sad. That's all.

Hiring "draft chicks" is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. No offense, but fantasy football is kind of a nerdy activity. The last thing I would want is for hot chicks to see my doing a football draft.Besides, having to pay money to a hot chick seems kind of pathetic and desperate doesn't it?
:clap: It's kind of cheesy.

Please don't misunderstand. They're not doing anything wrong, and I don't have any problem with women being utilized in this way. It's the having to pay for it part that looks kind of sad. That's all.
I can cook my own dinner, but I go out to eat quite a bit too. Girls have offered to help out for free, but mostly these are college girls who need the cash more than I do. They are doing me a favor, which is taking up a decent chunk of their time. I don't understand how compensating them for their time is sad.But to each their own. One girl actually told me that it was absolutely the best job she ever had.

Hiring "draft chicks" is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. No offense, but fantasy football is kind of a nerdy activity. The last thing I would want is for hot chicks to see my doing a football draft.

Besides, having to pay money to a hot chick seems kind of pathetic and desperate doesn't it?
:lmao: Paying pretty girls to participate in your activities is like going to a strip club and paying girls cash to pretend to be interested in you. To each his own, so I hope everyone who does it has fun. But to me it's a bit weird.

Now, if some wives or girlfriends wanted to help out with the draft...wonderful. Or someone you know volunteers to be a part of it because she thinks it's cool, great. But to have to pay someone so you can look at them while conducting a fantasy football draft? I just can't see doing that.
WOAH WOAH!!! I was with you guys up until this.

Never had any draft chicks, and sorry to piss in the pool, but a funny story somewhat related.

During our late night live draft last season at a friends bar a group of woman noticed us sitting in a closed bar at seperate tables with paperwok and notes all over the place. One of the nosybodies curiosity must have gotten the best of her because she just had to open the bar door and ask : "What are you guys doing": to which our commish a nasty always in a bad mood New Yorker replied " We're giving free breast exams ...COME ON IN!"

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with hiring a hot chick to be the waitress/sticker girl at a fantasy draft. It adds to the festivities. Unless you guys don't like a little eye candy walking around.

Shrug, to each their own.

My daughter is a Sr in college and a cheerleader.

Everyone knew she was my daughter (they've all known her since she was in jr. high school) so it wasn't anything sexual or anything.

We bought them drinks for their services and they partied with us after the auction.
If you really think your friends weren't having sexual thoughts about your daughter then you are a moron or really naive. :rolleyes:

Wow... some real stiffs in this thread.

ETA: The daughter stuff was just creepy. But eye candy at the draft :thumbdown:

Everyone knew she was my daughter (they've all known her since she was in jr. high school) so it wasn't anything sexual or anything.

We bought them drinks for their services and they partied with us after the auction.
If you really think your friends weren't having sexual thoughts about your daughter then you are a moron or really naive. :goodposting:
:goodposting:

No kidding. I may have to look into this next year. If I can do this for $100 and some beer, I would be for it. Even if the League wasn't willing to spend the league fees I can see doing it, paying for it out of my pocket and seeing how they feel after the fact...

I think the scantily clad woman at the draft must be an older guy "doesn't get out much" type of thing.....nothing wrong with it...

No kidding. I may have to look into this next year. If I can do this for $100 and some beer, I would be for it. Even if the League wasn't willing to spend the league fees I can see doing it, paying for it out of my pocket and seeing how they feel after the fact...
If you need a local guy for this league let me know :goodposting: I have no problem paying for eye candy...at all :excited:

I've love to have a nice looking girl act as waitress/board monitor during our draft, but if the wife caught wind of it, it would be the end of fantasy football for me. Hiring someone I didn't know seems a little weird, but hiring one of the cuties from the local bar or something seems fine. Wish I could.

If you really think your friends weren't having sexual thoughts about your daughter then you are a moron or really naive. :excited:
:goodposting:
I'M having those thoughts and I don't even know her.

I've love to have a nice looking girl act as waitress/board monitor during our draft, but if the wife caught wind of it, it would be the end of fantasy football for me. Hiring someone I didn't know seems a little weird, but hiring one of the cuties from the local bar or something seems fine. Wish I could.
oof

oof
I suppose more realistically, it would be the end of my wife for me.

anyone interested in such services in the Philly / Jersey area please let me know....

I have promotional models who are always looking for work.

FBG discount would be in effect

If you need a local guy for this league let me know :shrug: I have no problem paying for eye candy...at all :excited:
Not just yet, but we may need an owner in a year or two. But realize this is no normal league and is very demanding.

:hot: Paying pretty girls to participate in your activities is like going to a strip club and paying girls cash to pretend to be interested in you. To each his own, so I hope everyone who does it has fun. But to me it's a bit weird.

Now, if some wives or girlfriends wanted to help out with the draft...wonderful. Or someone you know volunteers to be a part of it because she thinks it's cool, great. But to have to pay someone so you can look at them while conducting a fantasy football draft? I just can't see doing that.
this has to be the absolute worst idea ever

What's the difference between a normal league and a demanding league?
The league is a 10 man dynasty/salary cap league. We have looked to expand the league to 12 owners but can’t find two more owners that can commit enough time to the league. See, this league has a salary cap, player contracts, signing bonuses, no trade clauses, restricted free agency (Franchise and Transition tags), draft pick compensation, front loaded contracts, back loaded contracts. There is an auction with blind bidding on restricted FA’s and open bidding on UFA’s and a draft for rookies and FA’s that are not called out on FA night. There is even a Home Field Advantage rule that allows for a team with HF to start two players at the same position but only the higher scorer of the two is added to his total for the week. Trades in this league require a calculator, accountant, a team of lawyers and an abacus. The rule book is over 30 pages long. I wrote an article about it for FBG a few years ago which can be seen here:

http://footballguys.com/thomas_dynastyofitsown.cfm

This is no 3 player keeper or a redraft league. This league is on 365 days a year. We have trades going on as soon as the regular season ends all the way through week 11 of the regular season the following year. Every person in the league is keeping on top of the NFL 12 months a year...

:hot: Paying pretty girls to participate in your activities is like going to a strip club and paying girls cash to pretend to be interested in you. To each his own, so I hope everyone who does it has fun. But to me it's a bit weird.

:goodposting: Frankly the whole idea is terrible. What's wrong with just hanging out with the guys (or gals if your league has some) and talking football all afternoon (evening) while you draft?

Do we really need "sex" with our football? :confused:

No kidding. First, my wife already gives me enough grief about the nerdiness of fantasy football. Now I want her to actually be in the room with the rest of my fantasy geek buddies as we totally nerd it up? And to have the rest of the guys in the league ogling her rack? No good could come from this...

The league is a 10 man dynasty/salary cap league. We have looked to expand the league to 12 owners but can’t find two more owners that can commit enough time to the league. See, this league has a salary cap, player contracts, signing bonuses, no trade clauses, restricted free agency (Franchise and Transition tags), draft pick compensation, front loaded contracts, back loaded contracts. There is an auction with blind bidding on restricted FA’s and open bidding on UFA’s and a draft for rookies and FA’s that are not called out on FA night. There is even a Home Field Advantage rule that allows for a team with HF to start two players at the same position but only the higher scorer of the two is added to his total for the week. Trades in this league require a calculator, accountant, a team of lawyers and an abacus. The rule book is over 30 pages long. I wrote an article about it for FBG a few years ago which can be seen here:

This is no 3 player keeper or a redraft league. This league is on 365 days a year. We have trades going on as soon as the regular season ends all the way through week 11 of the regular season the following year. Every person in the league is keeping on top of the NFL 12 months a year...
That's awesome. I've always wanted to do something like that, however I'm not sure I can get passed the calculator, accountant and a team of lawyers bit.

I'd definitely be all for the eye candy. However, the female member of my $$$ League might not want to kick in her share to pay for it. :rolleyes: I'm sure she'd be cool with it but would refuse to pay. Which would be fine. We actaully do our draft at the local BW3. They are giving $100 worth of food if you have your draft there. (It says after the draft, but they said we can apply it to our bill.)

Yeah that won't work for me. I get annoyed at even a basic dynasty league. I can still come and check out the chick though.

I think the scantily clad woman at the draft must be an older guy "doesn't get out much" type of thing.....nothing wrong with it...
I disagree with the older guy part but you are right on with the "doesn't get out much" type of thing..... I think all ages can be included.

That's awesome. I've always wanted to do something like that, however I'm not sure I can get passed the calculator, accountant and a team of lawyers bit.
It's not that bad, but when I tell people about the league and try to explain a trade they have no idea how to calculate the value of one owner saving $3 million and a roster spot in the deal. Or the value of a 1st round pick in the next 2 years that can be used as draft pick compensation for restricted FA's. Or trading for a lesser talent and a draft pick because that player is under contract for 2 more years and your aging vet may be money this year but his value in free agency may bankrupt you. Trades are rarely as easy as swapping a couple guys. You have to look to see what the trade will do to your cap this year and next. You have to look at the length of the contracts to all players involved. You have to see if you are going to be strapped next year when one of your top guys is up.

If at the end of the season you don't have anyone to use your Franchise and Transition tags on then you just wasted one of your resources. Or having too many players to tag is equally as bad. Last year I had Edwards, Michael Turner and Jamal Lewis all up. I tagged the former two. Wound up only retaining my Franchise player in Edwards. I couldn't spend an 8th of my cap on either of the RB's and hope to keep LT and Peyton the following year when they are up. I very well may not be able to resign them anyway if I don't have enough money under the cap. But I do have 5 first round picks in the next 2 years which will help me snag other players should I lose those guys on FA night.

Like I said. Very demanding. And I just love it when guys hear about a stacked team in my league and accuse me of playing in a 4th grade girl scout league and then I tell them about the league. They usually never come back to the thread...

TheWick said:
TheFanatic said:
Dodge said:

Yeah that won't work for me. I get annoyed at even a basic dynasty league. I can still come and check out the chick though.
Our draft is pretty basic. It's not a redraft so it's pretty much just 6 rounds plus compensatory picks for players lost as FA's. Usually no more than 2 hours. Actually I think we did it in 90 minutes this year with only minor 2 trades...

ScoobyDoo said:
mozzy84 said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:

:shrug: Paying pretty girls to participate in your activities is like going to a strip club and paying girls cash to pretend to be interested in you. To each his own, so I hope everyone who does it has fun. But to me it's a bit weird.

:lmao: Frankly the whole idea is terrible. What's wrong with just hanging out with the guys (or gals if your league has some) and talking football all afternoon (evening) while you draft?

Do we really need "sex" with our football? :confused:
and cheerleaders in the NFL serve what purpose?

brewer said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Please don't misunderstand. They're not doing anything wrong, and I don't have any problem with women being utilized in this way. It's the having to pay for it part that looks kind of sad. That's all.
I can cook my own dinner, but I go out to eat quite a bit too.
If it is to a place where barely dressed women are serving you, then you are deluding yourself if you think you are only going out for something to eat.I don't see anything wrong with the practice of hiring "draft chicks" if that is what you want to do, but you are paying a chick for faux attention. At least be honest with yourself about it.

TheFanatic said:
Dodge said:
TheFanatic said:
Dodge said:

It's not that bad, but when I tell people about the league and try to explain a trade they have no idea how to calculate the value of one owner saving $3 million and a roster spot in the deal. Or the value of a 1st round pick in the next 2 years that can be used as draft pick compensation for restricted FA's. Or trading for a lesser talent and a draft pick because that player is under contract for 2 more years and your aging vet may be money this year but his value in free agency may bankrupt you. Trades are rarely as easy as swapping a couple guys. You have to look to see what the trade will do to your cap this year and next. You have to look at the length of the contracts to all players involved. You have to see if you are going to be strapped next year when one of your top guys is up.

If at the end of the season you don't have anyone to use your Franchise and Transition tags on then you just wasted one of your resources. Or having too many players to tag is equally as bad. Last year I had Edwards, Michael Turner and Jamal Lewis all up. I tagged the former two. Wound up only retaining my Franchise player in Edwards. I couldn't spend an 8th of my cap on either of the RB's and hope to keep LT and Peyton the following year when they are up. I very well may not be able to resign them anyway if I don't have enough money under the cap. But I do have 5 first round picks in the next 2 years which will help me snag other players should I lose those guys on FA night.

Like I said. Very demanding. And I just love it when guys hear about a stacked team in my league and accuse me of playing in a 4th grade girl scout league and then I tell them about the league. They usually never come back to the thread...
I blame Pat Kirwen for making me interested in this.

brewer said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
If it is to a place where barely dressed women are serving you, then you are deluding yourself if you think you are only going out for something to eat.I don't see anything wrong with the practice of hiring "draft chicks" if that is what you want to do, but you are paying a chick for faux attention. At least be honest with yourself about it.
You just don't get it I suppose. But I'm not paying a girl to pay attention to me. I'm paying her the same reason many NFL teams of cheerleaders. Pay em take care of the draft board and look good doing it. That's all I would ever expect out of the deal.

You just don't get it I suppose. But I'm not paying a girl to pay attention to me. I'm paying her the same reason many NFL teams of cheerleaders. Pay em take care of the draft board and look good doing it. That's all I would ever expect out of the deal.
I would argue that in general the former does not require a paid assistant and thus you are paying for the latter. Would you pay a guy to do it? If not then what are you really paying for?Like I said, to each their own I just don't see the need.

And the guy who had his daughter there to be ogled and "party" with his friends afterward, well that's just a little bit creepy in my opinion. And I use the term "little bit creepy" in an effort to be excellent to my fellow poster.

I would argue that in general the former does not require a paid assistant and thus you are paying for the latter. Would you pay a guy to do it? If not then what are you really paying for?Like I said, to each their own I just don't see the need.
Of course we don't NEED a cute girl to put stickers on the draft board, and in the past everyone in the league takes turns for one round doing it ourselves. But like I said, what's wrong with a little eye candy?C'mon, you think Wheel of Fortune would be as popular without Vanna White?

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
[icon] said:

Do you think it's an accident that most sports bars hire attractive girls to be bartenders/waitresses? Do you tip them for bringing you beers in a bar?

She's a good friend and might even do it for free but why would I ask her to do that? She should be paid for her time and I think $10 per guy is a steal for us to have someone post all the pics, and bring us beers for 3 hours. The fact that she'll be dressed to impress is gravy. :goodposting:

You may be overly insecure about your FF habit but any chicks over 15 are well aware of the hobby and it's mainstream enough now that most chicks don't view it as "nerdy"... and better yet, turns out most girls over the age of 15 get over that judgmental stage anyway. Growing up is kinda neat.
They've grown up enough to charge you for it. And I think you're kidding yourself if you believe their service there is bringing you beers (like you're not able to handle that task) or putting picks up on a draft board (like everyone doesn't keep track of it on their own anyway). They're there to look sexy and be seen catering to men who don't normally get that kind of attention (I say that because if they did, they'd have one of those girls do it and they wouldn't get charged).Please don't misunderstand. They're not doing anything wrong, and I don't have any problem with women being utilized in this way. It's the having to pay for it part that looks kind of sad. That's all.
:lmao: Wait you're that guy who thinks alcohol is a problem at drafts.... this makes sense now :whistle:

brewer said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
NFL teams pay their cheerleaders almost nothing to work the games. The girls are willing to work for free (basically, when you factor in practices, etc) for the privilege of being part of the team. Nobody is clamoring to be your draft chick for free. It's apples and oranges.Like the other guy said...there's nothing wrong with it. But the truth is that you're paying a pretty girl to be around you and your buddies for a couple of hours. She wouldn't hang around you in that scenario without money being involved, and you wouldn't want her there if she wasn't good to look at. It is what it is.

Darth Cheney said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:

:goodposting: Paying pretty girls to participate in your activities is like going to a strip club and paying girls cash to pretend to be interested in you. To each his own, so I hope everyone who does it has fun. But to me it's a bit weird.

WOAH WOAH!!! I was with you guys up until this.
:whistle:

But the truth is that you're paying a pretty girl to be around you and your buddies for a couple of hours. She wouldn't hang around you in that scenario without money being involved, and you wouldn't want her there if she wasn't good to look at. It is what it is.
Apparently you missed the part of this where she was a friend of mine. We hang out fairly regularly. After the draft is over and she's "off the clock" she's going back to the casino for some blackjack/craps/poker. The guys had mentioned getting a girl to work the league... She's hot and could use the cash.... and was going to hit the casino with me anyway. Seems like a win win because yes, I would MUCH rather look at her perfect ### as the picks post up than our fat VP or Controller. :shrug:But then again... from reading your posts between this thread and the alcohol at drafts is bad thread I'm pretty sure neither of us will ever be in a league together so I don't think this will be a problem. I'd be bored to tears in your league and you couldn't keep up in mine :whistle:

Like the other guy said...there's nothing wrong with it. But the truth is that you're paying a pretty girl to be around you and your buddies for a couple of hours. She wouldn't hang around you in that scenario without money being involved, and you wouldn't want her there if she wasn't good to look at. It is what it is.
:shrug:I just want a cute girl to put stickers on my draft board. Why do we have to get into whether or not she wants to hang out with me, I really don't care.

Of course we don't NEED a cute girl to put stickers on the draft board, and in the past everyone in the league takes turns for one round doing it ourselves. But like I said, what's wrong with a little eye candy?C'mon, you think Wheel of Fortune would be as popular without Vanna White?
Nothing is "wrong" with it, I have been perfectly clear about that. I just think it is funny how some people (maybe not you) will deny what it really is. The same type of people think they are fooling people when they say "Hooters really does have the best wings, that's why I go!"If you want to pay hot chicks to hang around you for a couple hours that is your prerogative. Personally I couldn't pay a chick to hang around, but that is just me. I am a pretty cheap bastage :shrug:

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
[icon] said:

She's a good friend and might even do it for free but why would I ask her to do that? She should be paid for her time and I think $10 per guy is a steal for us to have someone post all the pics, and bring us beers for 3 hours. The fact that she'll be dressed to impress is gravy. :lmao:

:lmao: Wait you're that guy who thinks alcohol is a problem at drafts.... this makes sense now :lmao:
I'm afraid you are incorrect. Not only do I not have a problem with alcohol at drafts, I have plenty available when I host. I simply don't need alcohol or care enough about it to include it while I'm drafting. When I'm hanging out with my friends, alcohol can be there or not. It doesn't make it any more fun for me. So to the extent that alcohol can affect judgment, I think it's silly to include it. If it was more important to me, maybe I'd rationalize it or try to keep it around. I guess I don't care. Or maybe I just can't afford any additional impairment to my shaky judgment. I'll take all the help I can get at the draft. :shrug:

As far as draft chicks goes, the idea of paying a pretty girl to hang out with me is weird. It's clear she's not being chosen for her skill at serving drinks or updating a draft board. She's picked because she's hot. Hey, if you have a hot girl who wants to hang out with you, awesome. But paying a hot girl to hang out with me and my buddies? I'm just not seeing it. But more power to you.

Last season was the first time that her and her friends were old enough to come into the bar and help out.....(yeah, sure...no fake ID's .... right?)

Anyway...she brought 5 of her fellow cheerleaders with her and they helped out at the auction.

I had to drive ALL of them to my house to crash for the night....

They had a real good time.
Oh no, not at all...

Users who are viewing this thread