What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator 2018 Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Simon Shepherd

I've spent enough time to be reasonably sure this isn't an overly stupid question:

How do I update the online draft dominator with my own projections? Can I? I see the post above that says I can manually edit the projections for any given player, but I guess what I'm really asking is: I have an excel sheet with my own projections for all players for all major statistical categories. Is player-by-player the best way to adjust this? Do I have to do it for each different league each time, even though my underlying stat projections are the same for all of them?

Secondly: I seem to think I can use the classic projections dominator to do this easily in the downloadable classic draft dominator. Should I just do that? 

so everything seemed fine when i imported our league from rtsports.  got all excited that i didnt habe to manually enter in everything. one problem...

all of the rosters are there but when i click on keepers, only half of the teams are populated.

Somehow my shortlist which had about 18 players on it lost 12-15 of those players and were replaced by other players.  When I go to the cheatsheet the correct players still have the shortlist icon next to them but they don't appear in the shortlist menu.

@Simon Shepherd

I've spent enough time to be reasonably sure this isn't an overly stupid question:

How do I update the online draft dominator with my own projections? Can I? I see the post above that says I can manually edit the projections for any given player, but I guess what I'm really asking is: I have an excel sheet with my own projections for all players for all major statistical categories. Is player-by-player the best way to adjust this? Do I have to do it for each different league each time, even though my underlying stat projections are the same for all of them?

Secondly: I seem to think I can use the classic projections dominator to do this easily in the downloadable classic draft dominator. Should I just do that? 
no sorry that's not supported.

so everything seemed fine when i imported our league from rtsports.  got all excited that i didnt habe to manually enter in everything. one problem...

all of the rosters are there but when i click on keepers, only half of the teams are populated.

Somehow my shortlist which had about 18 players on it lost 12-15 of those players and were replaced by other players.  When I go to the cheatsheet the correct players still have the shortlist icon next to them but they don't appear in the shortlist menu.
guys both of these are customer support questions. For those please go through our system at https://sportsguys.zendesk.com so we can fairly handle everyone in turn.

Looking forward to checking the 2018 app out, but had a couple questions that I don't believe I found on the support site.

1. Of the 4 projections used (Dodds, Henry, Tremblay, Wood), is there a list of who has ranked better/ worse vs. other industry "experts"? I know that Fantaspros has a way to rank the "top 10 draft rankings", so wasn't sure how the 4 experts on the app have fared over the years. 
  2. I'm like 99% sure this isn't an option, but something that I would absolutely LOVE (and I assume others would too); is there a way to integrate the app with Live Drafts so that as players get drafted in the say Yahoo Draft Applet, the DD App updates accordingly?

Thanks in advance

I have dominator 17 on my phone.  Do I need to uninstall and then download 18?  17 is worthless now right?

4th&inches said:
Looking forward to checking the 2018 app out, but had a couple questions that I don't believe I found on the support site.

1. Of the 4 projections used (Dodds, Henry, Tremblay, Wood), is there a list of who has ranked better/ worse vs. other industry "experts"? I know that Fantaspros has a way to rank the "top 10 draft rankings", so wasn't sure how the 4 experts on the app have fared over the years. 
  2. I'm like 99% sure this isn't an option, but something that I would absolutely LOVE (and I assume others would too); is there a way to integrate the app with Live Drafts so that as players get drafted in the say Yahoo Draft Applet, the DD App updates accordingly?

Thanks in advance
1) These guys are all pretty good. As a fellow staffer I don't like to pick between them! The default balance of the sets is designed to give you an optimal output. Bottom line: we think 4 merged sets is better than any one of the sets on their own.

2) It's not an option this year but I hope you guys can see we are moving in the right direction with our league import and syncing this year.

need2know said:
I have dominator 17 on my phone.  Do I need to uninstall and then download 18?  17 is worthless now right?
You don't have to uninstall '17, but it doesn't have a use now.

1) These guys are all pretty good. As a fellow staffer I don't like to pick between them! The default balance of the sets is designed to give you an optimal output. Bottom line: we think 4 merged sets is better than any one of the sets on their own.
Thanks for the response. I definitely trust the 4 staffers as they’ve put a lot of work into their projections. I think what I was trying to ask is if there was any sort of historical rankings of how well the 4 have done over the past 3,5,etc... years compared to other industry experts’ draft rankings. 

I seem to recall hearing 1 or multiple FBG staffers as being in the top 3-5 over the last “x” years. 

Thanks again

Thanks for the response. I definitely trust the 4 staffers as they’ve put a lot of work into their projections. I think what I was trying to ask is if there was any sort of historical rankings of how well the 4 have done over the past 3,5,etc... years compared to other industry experts’ draft rankings. 

I seem to recall hearing 1 or multiple FBG staffers as being in the top 3-5 over the last “x” years. 

Thanks again
We used to have these guys on FantasyPros during which time I know David and Bob in particular won a bunch of stuff.

But this was something we stopped a couple of years ago or so.

We used to have these guys on FantasyPros during which time I know David and Bob in particular won a bunch of stuff.

But this was something we stopped a couple of years ago or so.
Got ya, I know they aren't on FantasyPros anymore, but couldn't remember when they actually stopped. I also thought it was mentioned recently on the podcast that either Bob or Jason Wood had won something for being the most accurate with their draft rankings. 

Regardless, they're all good and the app is a valuable resource. 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond here. 

Cheers!

@Simon Shepherd Can you close down your browser when using online version and open it back up and keep going on the current draft?  Is there a "save draft" option there somehow?  I reopened my current draft and all picks have disappeared.

Did a superflex draft and the online Draft Dominator would not stop filling the top of the rankings with QBs even after I had 2 and even 3 QBs during the draft.  Was really frustrating, and as it was happening I seemed to recall I had the same complaint last year so it seems like it wasn't fixed.  This was never a problem with the classic version.  Edit: Here's a screenshot of what i was looking at a few rounds into the draft.  

Last edited by a moderator:
@Simon Shepherd Can you close down your browser when using online version and open it back up and keep going on the current draft?  Is there a "save draft" option there somehow?  I reopened my current draft and all picks have disappeared.
Yes that should work fine

open a ticket with us at apps@footballguys.com with your username so we can look into that

Did a superflex draft and the online Draft Dominator would not stop filling the top of the rankings with QBs even after I had 2 and even 3 QBs during the draft.  Was really frustrating, and as it was happening I seemed to recall I had the same complaint last year so it seems like it wasn't fixed.  This was never a problem with the classic version.  Edit: Here's a screenshot of what i was looking at a few rounds into the draft.  
This sounds like a league setup issue. Email in apps@footballguys.com for customer support 

Auction drafts no longer force everyone to draft a complete starting lineup (although the AI will still always try to do this)
I'm getting a late start on commish and team prep this year, but this probably seals my decision to resub this time around. Having to work around managers passing on Defense and Kicker at the draft was a pain and I wasn't sure I'd even sub to use it, with the hassle. I was running out of scrub TE options for each team, at times, and having to manually notate which 5th string TE was really a K or D/ST largely defeated the purpose of the tool.

I will say that support was SUPER fast to respond last year the Friday night before my league's auction, with suggested workarounds. I'm really happy to see this update, and I'll be subbing again tomorrow night.

Thanks for making updates like this to make this product everything it can be!

Yes that should work fine

open a ticket with us at apps@footballguys.com with your username so we can look into that
I've sent feedback through the ap support and have gotten no reply yet. 

I just tested it again.  I go to the online version, start a new real draft, pick a few players, close the browser and start it up again and boom, all players returned to pool.

I've sent feedback through the ap support and have gotten no reply yet. 

I just tested it again.  I go to the online version, start a new real draft, pick a few players, close the browser and start it up again and boom, all players returned to pool.
I'm sorry @Deamon but we do make a point of not doing customer support on the forums. This is a single thread and it gets super convoluted. That, and we want to get to everyone in turn. If you send in a ticket FAO Simon it'll be assigned directly to me. I always reply as soon as I can.

This sounds like a league setup issue. Email in apps@footballguys.com for customer support 
I mean, it's too late now for me personally, the draft is done.  Just wanted to report some weird behavior.  This is easy to reproduce, just add a new league and leave all the default settings except change 1 RB/WR/TE to 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, and do a draft.  :shrug:  

I mean, it's too late now for me personally, the draft is done.  Just wanted to report some weird behavior.  This is easy to reproduce, just add a new league and leave all the default settings except change 1 RB/WR/TE to 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, and do a draft.  :shrug:  
I don't get exactly that at all from that one change; as I say the best thing to do is to try this in advance of your league drafting so we can help if you have issues with rankings on the help desk.

Simon Shepherd said:
I don't get exactly that at all from that one change; as I say the best thing to do is to try this in advance of your league drafting so we can help if you have issues with rankings on the help desk.
Right, you won't get exactly what I got in my screenshot because my league has a few different parameters (but nothing so strange that it should make a wild difference).  I'm just saying, if you use the default settings and add a superflex position, and just do a mock draft, you can probably see something's up and can be fixed/improved.  I just did one, went Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Carson Wentz, Derrick Henry, and Brandin Cooks, and when it comes back to me in the sixth round, 6 of the top 12 ranked players are QBs.  It's not as drastically bad as it was in my specific league, but for example It has Dak Prescott ahead of Sammy Watkins, when I already have 3 QBs and only 1 WR, which seems wrong if the tool purports to take things like positional need into account.  Been a long time user of the DD classic and don't recall this ever being an issue.  

The gold star designates Draft Dominator's top pick for your team in this round of the draft; the red stars designate viable alternatives for your team at this pick. There may also be a silver star next to a player in the list - this designates your second-best pick according to the program.

I was wondering if there was a way to change positional eligibility for players in the app/online site.

For context, I'm in an espn IDP league with defensive positions of DL/LB/DB. Many notable players are listed at the wrong position, skewing the algorithm.

Khalil Mack, Jadeveon Clowney, Bruce Irvin, Ryan Kerrigan are listed as LB on the dominator versus DL on espn

Melvin Ingram and Olivier Vernon are listed as DL on the dominator versus LB on espn

I only checked the top players, but it would be nice to have these guys show up at their actual positions

any way to filter out just a position?  The only option I see is selecting one position by selecting the "POS" button at the top left of the "Cheet Sheet".

i would like to view the available players, but just RB, WR and TE.  Currently the QBs are packed at the top of the list. 

I'm sorry @Deamon but we do make a point of not doing customer support on the forums. This is a single thread and it gets super convoluted. That, and we want to get to everyone in turn. If you send in a ticket FAO Simon it'll be assigned directly to me. I always reply as soon as I can.
Did that and doesn't seem to be moving very quickly there.  Am in the middle of a draft right now, kinda important.

Did that and doesn't seem to be moving very quickly there.  Am in the middle of a draft right now, kinda important.
I get to everyone in turn. Every ticket was responded to this morning. Customer support on the forums isn't going to happen. Sorry.

I read in an earlier post that on $4.99 purchase allows you to install on multiple Android devices.  I bought/installed on my Kindle (android) tablet this evening.  I've been running some mock drafts - all is good.  Just like I remember the last 2 years on my phone, but bigger!  I wanted to install on my phone as well - as a backup (you can't be too safe).  However, when I go to the app in the Google Play store on my phone, it still says $4.99.  There is no way to clear-cut way to download it to the phone without paying again.  Any tips/thoughts?  Thanks.

[Edited minutes after posting] AAAANNNNNDDDD... I figured it out.  Google Play … My Apps … Library.  It took a few minutes but the DD 2018 showed up as "not on this device" and I simply clicked Install - and bam.  I'm good to go.  Hope my display of ignorance followed by self-sufficient resolve helps somebody else with a similar problem.

Guys, to stop this going to meltdown with the customer service versus general discussion thing, I'm going to lock this thread up for this year. We'll get some more discussion going later in the year as to what we change for 2019.

Until then, here's where to find the Draft Dominator:

Mobile: http://www.footballguys.com/footballguys-dominator-mobile.php

Online (for subscribers or anyone wanting to test it out with June data): https://draftdominator.footballguys.com/

And here's where to get help on it and to open support tickets:

https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001641433-Draft-Dominator-Mobile-Apps-and-Online-Versions

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread