What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft dominator help (1 Viewer)

HippieJuice

Footballguy
Newbie here. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Trying to find the best draft prep.

I enrolled after hearing about the Draft Dominator from Drew Davenport's podcast and other places and was highly recommended for auction and dynasty drafts. I found out after this software doesn't sync like Fantasy Pros so I am looking for advice in advance.

My league is using the Sleeper app to draft and I am trying to figure out how to use the DD as we draft to see if there are tips and tricks to make it work. I have been using draft software so long (CBS synced with Fantasy Pros) I have not manually wrote down anything or used a cheat sheet in years. Do you have the time to manually enter players into DD as they are drafted? How hard is this? It says not to use the cheat sheet as player values will adjust. Does this take away from other valuable time focusing on the draft? It seems redundant. Should I Just use the cheat sheet and scratch them off? What do people here do? Does anyone use an excel par sheet? What's your go to draft prep?

Not sure if I can offer much help as I'm not a subscriber but I've been using the free DD classic for years for my salary cap/auction league. We use MFL for league hosting and there used to be a separate tool for MFL Import. Don't know if that would help you. But yes, the classic DD was fantastic for managing auctions.

This year they're not allowing the free DD classic, only the web-based version. I can't figure out how to get that to sync with my MFL league for auctions. So I've started playing around with Fantasy Pros tools (I'm a subscriber). Haven't had a whole lot of success with that either but admittedly haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. I haven't been able to figure out how to import our current rosters and player values.

Do you have the time to manually enter players into DD as they are drafted? How hard is this? It says not to use the cheat sheet as player values will adjust. Does this take away from other valuable time focusing on the draft? It seems redundant. Should I Just use the cheat sheet and scratch them off? What do people here do? Does anyone use an excel par sheet? What's your go to draft prep?
Yes, it's very easy to manually enter the picks into Draft Dominator as they are drafted. It's a great tool, maybe test it out by doing a mock draft somewhere and figuring out how easy/hard you find it to enter picks as they go.

Okay, I’ll try that. Being my first auction draft I’m a little worried about trying to do this (searching for players) as I am drafting and being able to focus on what’s going on.

Okay, I’ll try that. Being my first auction draft I’m a little worried about trying to do this (searching for players) as I am drafting and being able to focus on what’s going on.
Searching for players is a piece of cake. The tools to filter players are immediately above the player list. There is also a search bar where you can type a name, or even a partial name and your players will pop up. You can find any player as quickly as you can type a couple letters.

I guess it just depends on how fast the bidding goes in the online auction draft. I typically use my tablet to draft and have my known handy for searches. Need to get another tablet or laptop I guess.

I guess it just depends on how fast the bidding goes in the online auction draft. I typically use my tablet to draft and have my known handy for searches. Need to get another tablet or laptop I guess.
Well, the draft dominator lets you practice. Get in there and do some mocks to get used to the system interface.

I do like the app and I bought it for my phone, but one area that the classic DD for PC was better is checking opposition rosters. If I want to see which teams have drafted a QB, I could see at a glance in the PC version as there was a window with that info, but with phone or online app I have to make 11 clicks then either remember or make a note of who’s done what.

As a subscriber I’m disappointed I can’t use the classic DD for PC.

Unless of course you can see that info readily and I’ve somehow missed it.

I don't have any trouble tracking picks in DD for a real live draft. I have given up trying for Yahoo mocks though. Shorter timer + people "trying stuff" + most of them are on autodraft by the 5th round, so the time between picks is something like 10 seconds. Congrats to those who can keep up with that but I can't.

I can't get my leagues loaded in DD (ESPN, NFL.com, RT Sports). They loaded fine in League Dominator but I keep getting error messages in DD. I'm using the web version. When I try to add a league I get a popup that says "Please reload! Something went a little wrong there... Please reload the page or app and hit 'Check for more leagues' on the host account you just logged in to.'"

I don't see a 'Check for more leagues' button anywhere. I've used the tool for several years and not had any problems.

Any advice?

I do like the app and I bought it for my phone, but one area that the classic DD for PC was better is checking opposition rosters. If I want to see which teams have drafted a QB, I could see at a glance in the PC version as there was a window with that info, but with phone or online app I have to make 11 clicks then either remember or make a note of who’s done what.

Not sure if you saw this feature, but if you are in the browser and on the upper right side under "Roster Comparisons", you can select "By Pos" to see what positions they have taken. I use that for roster counts, but it would be very helpful if we could possibly sort that by Draft position because that would provide great insight to the next drafter's needs. @David Dodds is there a way to do that?

As Saint just described, it is fairly easy to say who has taken which positions. The same feature he describes is available in the phone app as well. At the bottom click "Rosters", then at the top choose "By Pos". 2 clicks away!!

Not sure if you saw this feature, but if you are in the browser and on the upper right side under "Roster Comparisons", you can select "By Pos" to see what positions they have taken. I use that for roster counts, but it would be very helpful if we could possibly sort that by Draft position because that would provide great insight to the next drafter's needs. @David Dodds is there a way to do that?
Not sure what you mean here. I can look at all of my opponents and see exactly the number they have at each position all organized in a table with a column for each position. Thus you can gauge every teams needs.

Not sure what you mean here. I can look at all of my opponents and see exactly the number they have at each position all organized in a table with a column for each position. Thus you can gauge every teams needs.
So one of the items I track is the place in the draft... let's say you are sitting at spot 10 and want to know the needs that the folks drafting in 11 and 12 have... so you can let a guy slide based on the likelihood that he'll come back to you in the next round. If I look at the "By Pos" on the right side, the teams are sorted alphabetically, but not by draft order... so I can't easily gauge what the teams drafting after me in a round need... it takes a bit more effort. In the classic, we saw it by draft order, which was helpful.

So one of the items I track is the place in the draft... let's say you are sitting at spot 10 and want to know the needs that the folks drafting in 11 and 12 have... so you can let a guy slide based on the likelihood that he'll come back to you in the next round. If I look at the "By Pos" on the right side, the teams are sorted alphabetically, but not by draft order... so I can't easily gauge what the teams drafting after me in a round need... it takes a bit more effort. In the classic, we saw it by draft order, which was helpful.
I gotcha. I guess I don't find it too difficult to know which teams are drafting right around me. I honestly don't recall the classic system.

I have loaded my CBS and Sleeper leagues. I am in a Sleeper draft with Drew D tonight for his podcast/ YouTube and it loaded as well.

In that last league/draft I feel that DD is kind of accurate since it is a one QB regular draft.

In my dynasty auction draft the numbers are laughably off. In my cbs redraft league I just hate the layout as other mentioned to see what the other teams are doing and will just stick with Fantasy pros which is awesome. F Pros Auction sim is horrible though.

I tried manually doing the draft dominator during a sleeper auction and it seems like that would take an assistant to keep up so you can focus. I couldn’t begin to do it.

So I am going to just use the Draft Dom cheat sheet and have a pretty good game plan and know who I want for the most part anyway by now. It is really helpful during the auction sleeper mock and plan on using it tonight in the Auction Brief Draft.

Why is FBG so high on Wandale Robinson ??
He's listed third rookie in draft dominator !
1-B.Hall
2-T.Burks
3-W.Robinson
4-S.Moore
5-D.London

Where do you see this? I'm not seeing that in mine.
By using Footballguys Consensus in projection setting and then filter player by rookie.
but what scoring settings? I've done what you said and I don't have even remotely close to those ranks showing.
Mine is PPR and I filtered rookies and it's showing:

Hall
London
walker
olave
Wilson
pierce
cook
Dotson
Burke
Robinson

Do you maybe have some weird setting on there?

As Saint just described, it is fairly easy to say who has taken which positions. The same feature he describes is available in the phone app as well. At the bottom click "Rosters", then at the top choose "By Pos". 2 clicks away!!
That's great, thanks for the help!

Using the web browser version this year for the first time. With the classic DD you could add a player if it wasn't found in the player pool but I haven't been able to find it in the web version. How do I add a player to the player pool?

I play in a Yahoo redraft, and syncing the league was super easy. The problem is with the scoring. The scoring that it pulled from the league is correct, but there are a few scoring rules it missed. These are:
2 pts per 40+ yd completion
4 pts per 40+ yd rush
4 pts per 40+ yd reception
-5 pts per missed FG 0-19 yds
-4.5 pts per missed FG 20-29 yds
-4 pts per missed FG 30-39 yds
-3.5 pts per missed FG 40-49 yds
-3 pts per missed FG 50+ yds

I have tried to add these using the "add custom rule" feature, but specifying negative points by missed FG distance is not even an option. I couldn't find where to add the 40+ rules either. These are not TD's, because we have rules for that, and the DD found them correctly. The top 3 rules above are just bonus points for longer plays. Any DD geniuses out there?

Anyone use this for an auction? I can't find the toggle button (is there one?) to move it from a snake to an auction draft. Heard Drew Davenport talking about using it for auctions.

I’m having an issue where QBs are flying off the board when I do mocks way sooner than they ever have, which simply won’t happen in my actual draft. Any suggestions?

What's the email address for the help desk? I swear I've seen it before.

I loaded and synched my CBS redraft league with the Dominator. Unfortunately, I did that before last years rosters were cleared. The Dominator loaded with only the free agents available and it imported all of the rosters from last year. The rosters have now been cleared, but I can't get the league to reload with all of the players available. I "deleted" the league, but when I try to load it again I don't have the option as it says "imported" next to it.

Users who are viewing this thread