What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft dominator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random comment, but I guess a good time and place to ask. I have never been a subscriber. I did try downloading the Draft Dominator. Is it supposed to be super janky and unusable if you're not a subscriber? In other words, if I pay up, can I expect it to work, or is it going to be the same?

E.g., it still thinks I have a player that I've traded away a long time ago, setting the draft order is really confusing (our picks are tracked manually). Stuff like that.

setting the draft order is really confusing (our picks are tracked manually). Stuff like that.
This has been the major stumbling block for me. We trade a lot of picks so the draft order is all over the place and it is really a big pain to try and manually enter all that info into the DD. I have never really used it mainly because of this (and I am a subscriber).

Random comment, but I guess a good time and place to ask. I have never been a subscriber. I did try downloading the Draft Dominator. Is it supposed to be super janky and unusable if you're not a subscriber? In other words, if I pay up, can I expect it to work, or is it going to be the same?

E.g., it still thinks I have a player that I've traded away a long time ago, setting the draft order is really confusing (our picks are tracked manually). Stuff like that.

Not sure what you mean. For a new user, I'd strongly suggest the Draft Dominator https://www.footballguys.com/draft-dominator

You don't download anything, you can just use it on the site.

It's not janky at all. It's a tool meant for Premium Subscribers so all the synching and customization is a premium feature.

We're not able to do customer service on our forums but if you're having trouble you can file a ticket with our Customer Service folks by going to www.footballguys.com/help and clicking "contact support". Thanks.

setting the draft order is really confusing (our picks are tracked manually). Stuff like that.
This has been the major stumbling block for me. We trade a lot of picks so the draft order is all over the place and it is really a big pain to try and manually enter all that info into the DD. I have never really used it mainly because of this (and I am a subscriber).

Hi Gally. Please visit www.footballguys.com/help and click "contact support" and let them know what you're trying to do and they'll do their best to help.

I've not had problems with trading picks, although it is a bit clunky in spots. The one thing I would say is that I'm not sure how well it really interprets non-standard scoring systems - I mentioned this in the specific SFB thread, but I downloaded the league settings, and it seems all over the place - I tried it yesterday and the rankings listed 15 quarterbacks in a row before it considered any other position, and ranked Kelce at 50 (which seems hilarious in any format, let alone a TE premium format), then I try it now on my phone, and it has Kelce at 3, which is more reasonable, but after CMC and Ekeler, not suggesting a QB until pick 10, which given SFB is superflex, seems even worse.

I know it's funky scoring, but for it to throw out two entirely different sets of rankings in a 24 hour period, neither of which are remotely close to ADP for key positions, does not exactly fill me with confidence and makes me just want to look at an ADP listing and ignore DD altogether

I know it's funky scoring, but for it to throw out two entirely different sets of rankings in a 24 hour period, neither of which are remotely close to ADP for key positions, does not exactly fill me with confidence and makes me just want to look at an ADP listing and ignore DD altogether

I haven't used DD for years, but I recall rankings not being "important" - in that it will suggest a player ranked #15 over a guy ranked #4, based on value etc.

I might be misremembering, but I feel like that's how it worked, using VBD.

I've not had problems with trading picks, although it is a bit clunky in spots. The one thing I would say is that I'm not sure how well it really interprets non-standard scoring systems - I mentioned this in the specific SFB thread, but I downloaded the league settings, and it seems all over the place - I tried it yesterday and the rankings listed 15 quarterbacks in a row before it considered any other position, and ranked Kelce at 50 (which seems hilarious in any format, let alone a TE premium format), then I try it now on my phone, and it has Kelce at 3, which is more reasonable, but after CMC and Ekeler, not suggesting a QB until pick 10, which given SFB is superflex, seems even worse.

Hi @titusbramble . Not sure what you're seeing. I synched with my SFB league and the rankings were perfect.

Definitely a bit different than some of the conventional wisdom for super flex as most people don't actually put their league and projections through the exact scoring system like Draft Dominator does. But our rankings were outstanding.

More info here if you're interested https://www.footballguys.com/article/2023-scott-fish-bowl-blowing-up-adp

If something isn't calculating as you'd expect, please check with our folks at our Customer Service by going to www.footballguys.com/help and clicking "contact support" and they'll do their best to help. Thanks.

I haven't used DD for years, but I recall rankings not being "important" - in that it will suggest a player ranked #15 over a guy ranked #4, based on value etc.

I might be misremembering, but I feel like that's how it worked, using VBD.

That may well be the case, but at the same time, I don't see how someone takes Mark Andrews first pick of round two and I need to scroll down this far to find him

Does anyone know if weekly weights/position adjustments/rankings used/etc is league dependant? (or supposed to be??)

Having a really hard time as I get all that set up for one league, and swap to a different draft and those settings stay the same. I'd like to be able to for example, put more weight on week 15 in one league as that's playoffs, but another league they dont start until week 16. Big pain adjusting everything as you hop between drafts, especially slow drafts with different settings.

@Simon Shepherd @Joe Bryant

I have submitted a ticket already just wondering.

This may be useful for others to know too.

These are saved to rankings profiles.

Create a new profile for each league to set them differently.

In that wrench icon menu, the one where you click “weekly weights” at the top is an option to switch to a different profile and then an option to create a new one

This may be useful for others to know too.

These are saved to rankings profiles.

Create a new profile for each league to set them differently.

In that wrench icon menu, the one where you click “weekly weights” at the top is an option to switch to a different profile and then an option to create a new one
That is incredibly helpful, thank you.

Is the news section in the DD app not updated anymore? I would use that on draft day to see if I was missing anything. Last updated news I see is from January.

Also, the comment section leaves a lot to be desired. It’s quite disappointing that only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the staff have comments on their ranking of individual players.

Is the news section in the DD app not updated anymore? I would use that on draft day to see if I was missing anything. Last updated news I see is from January.
Sorry, I know I sound like a broken record, but this needs reporting to our helpdesk. footballguys.com/help

Also, the comment section leaves a lot to be desired. It’s quite disappointing that only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the staff have comments on their ranking of individual players.
our system here encourages rankers to specifically comment on their outliers. So while not every ranker comments every player, you should see the highest/lowest ranker for each player comment more often, which are the most important comments. In addition, some staff like Matt Waldman do a great job at blanket commenting their whole rankings list.

I understand blank comments but many of the comments seem to be from last year. For example Juju Smith-Schuster's staff comments all talk about him on Kansas City. It makes me question if the other info like rankings are really 2023 redraft ranks. 2022 comments should be blanked out IMO so we just see comments for 2023 (at least for redraft).

I understand blank comments but many of the comments seem to be from last year. For example Juju Smith-Schuster's staff comments all talk about him on Kansas City. It makes me question if the other info like rankings are really 2023 redraft ranks. 2022 comments should be blanked out IMO so we just see comments for 2023 (at least for redraft).
you shouldn't be seeing comments from 2022.

You know what I'm going to say now though.... ! please contact the help desk so we can sort this out: footballguys.com/help

if you guys email this stuff in to our helpdesk, it will get fixed. We have really good systems and processes in place this year that are working great. We just can't manage this stuff here on the forum.

if you guys email this stuff in to our helpdesk, it will get fixed. We have really good systems and processes in place this year that are working great. We just can't manage this stuff here on the forum.
I appreciate you replying and participating in this conversation, thank you.

However, I don’t understand why the staff isn’t taken to task when these comments are not done or even worse, from last season. We are 5 weeks away and this should absolutely be addressed, full stop. Same stuff happens during the season with the league dominator. Players are ruled out on Thursday, yet they are still being recommended as a starter on Sunday morning. As a paying costumer who just had his rates raised last year, I expect more and better.

Is the new DD oddly aggressive at Tier 1 QB for you guys? I'm mocking a 10-team, 1 QB league and the DD is going away from the VBD rankings and picking the Big 3 in the last 1st round and early 2nd. Burrow late 2nd, Lamar early 3rd. I've checked settings and they look fine.

I appreciate you replying and participating in this conversation, thank you.

However, I don’t understand why the staff isn’t taken to task when these comments are not done or even worse, from last season. We are 5 weeks away and this should absolutely be addressed, full stop. Same stuff happens during the season with the league dominator. Players are ruled out on Thursday, yet they are still being recommended as a starter on Sunday morning. As a paying costumer who just had his rates raised last year, I expect more and better.
I am personally doing the help desk for tech today and no-one has emailed on this issue.

We don’t do customer support on the forums but I guarantee we can address this through our help system

I’m not sure your assumption that the staff are just entering comments from last year is correct. I think it’s likely there’s a tech issue.

But without a customer support ticket - which is the way we have to track and fix this stuff - it’s super difficult to help.

I look forward to connecting there and resolving this issue!

Last edited:
Is the new DD oddly aggressive at Tier 1 QB for you guys? I'm mocking a 10-team, 1 QB league and the DD is going away from the VBD rankings and picking the Big 3 in the last 1st round and early 2nd. Burrow late 2nd, Lamar early 3rd. I've checked settings and they look fine.
We’d love to help you with this on help desk too! Stuff there really does get done and our ticket satisfaction rates are really good. Footballguys.com/help thanks!

As @Simon Shepherd mentioned, the only way we're able to handle issues folks are having is with our customer service. We have a real system in place there to address the issues and more importantly, get the information from the customer that's needed to see what's going on.

We are not able to do that in this forum.

Let me go ahead and close this one and please for anything you're having trouble with, please visit www.footballguys.com/help and click "contact support" and they'll do their best to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread