What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DRAFT] FBG Polling Mock (1 Viewer)

3rd pick of the mock - nice value here

• Daryn Colledge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnathan Joseph

• Thomas Howard

• Maurice Drew

• Nick Mangold

• Marcedes Lewis

• Richard Marshall

• D'Qwell Jackson

• Demetrius Willliams

• Kelly Jennings

• Richard Marshall

• Leonard Pope

• Daniel Bullocks

• Mathias Kiwanuka

• Gabe Watson

• Total voters

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
CLOSED - Mangold it is

They got Mario and McNeill for the lines. Who's next?

ROUND ONE

1.01 Texans Reggie Bush 80%

1.02 Saints D'Brick Ferguson 54%

1.03 Titans Matt Leinart 81%

1.04 Jets Mario Williams 86%

1.05 Packers AJ Hawk 73%

1.06 49ers Vernon Davis 70%

1.07 Raiders Vince Young 59%

1.08 Bills Winston Justice 58%

1.09 Lions Michael Huff 54%

1.10 Cardinals Jay Cutler 46%

1.11 Rams Haloti Ngata 48%

1.12 Browns Brodrick Bunkley 44%

1.13 Ravens Jimmy Williams 45%

1.14 Eagles Chad Jackson 27%

1.15 Broncos Santonio Holmes* 37%

1.16 Dolphins Antonio Cromartie 22%

1.17 Vikings Ernie Sims 52%

1.18 Cowboys Manny Lawson 29%

1.19 Chargers Tye Hill 29%

1.20 Chiefs Eric Winston 23%

1.21 Patriots DeAngelo Williams 47%

1.22 Forty Niners Chad Greenway 37%

1.23 Buccaneers Kamerion Wimbley 23%

1.24 Bengals Donte Whitner 28%

1.25 Giants Bobby Carpenter 40%

1.26 Bears Sinorice Moss 33%

1.27 Panthers LenDale White 30%

1.28 Jaguars Laurence Maroney 28%

1.29 Jets Marcus McNeill 39%

1.30 Colts Joseph Addai 44%

1.31 Seahawks Jason Allen 20%

1.32 Steelers Darnell Bing 22%

ROUND TWO

2.01 Texans Tamba Hali 18%

2.02 Saints Demeco Ryans 39%

2.03 Jets Nick Mangold 57%

Last edited by a moderator:
With Mario and McNeil, they've already addressed two key needs.

could see going a few ways here, but if they want to go 3-4, it's Watson.

Robertson has health concerns and isn't a good fit in the 3-4.

An interesting thing about this exercise, is all the heat a player will get, then just miss out being picked, then a long wait before he's hot again. It must be brutal being a hard to project prospect on draft day. It must be just nuts in war rooms once certain picks start shaping the next several. Just sayin'.

The Jets can go two ways here, they can definitely go Watson as the Nose tackle the would need in their new system or they can Move Teague back to his more natural Guard position and take Mangold and set up thir O-line for a good long time. the easy pick vs the smart pick, If Im Mangini, I go Mangold for the sake of the future

The Jets can go two ways here, they can definitely go Watson as the Nose tackle the would need in their new system or they can Move Teague back to his more natural Guard position and take Mangold and set up thir O-line for a good long time. the easy pick vs the smart pick, If Im Mangini, I go Mangold for the sake of the future
Exactly the way I was thinking about it. Chances are they won't be choosing between the two, but if they were, I should think they just keep getting the best lineman on the board (O or D). I voted Mangold.

Exactly the way I was thinking about it. Chances are they won't be choosing between the two, but if they were, I should think they just keep getting the best lineman on the board (O or D). I voted Mangold.
Mangold's a good pick here too. Either one works IMO. I would think they could get Eslinger in the 3rd, but no DT will have Watson's ability there.

We do think alot alike dont we ? Right down to who we think the number two pick should be, but, thats what makes this fun... The Saints, the more I think of it should have held on to Gandy. they may have hurt their position with that trade.Oz, you are right of course, but they cant move DRob,, his cap number is too high to cut and he hasnt played well enough to trade.... so by default hes the NT

Last edited by a moderator:
Oz, you are right of course, but they cant move DRob,, his cap number is too high to cut and he hasnt played well enough to trade.... so by default hes the NT
I know, I read the other threads.If they didn't get Mario in the 1st, is there ANY chance that Robertson would make a better 3-4 DE than NT?

I haven't seen enough of Robertson to evaluate this, but from what I remember in college, he would have been a fair fit. I know he's a bit on the large side.

Oz as much as I hate to say it NT may be this kids last chance, He really needs a fire lit under his butt, because from what I hear around Hofstra, is that so far he's been Lazy and that Edwards didn't seem to care because he wanted out. Donnie Henderson told me last Year that DRob was just too laid back and he felt no player on defense was more frustrating because the talent is there

Users who are viewing this thread