What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings/Fanduel Week 13 (Turkey Day!) (1 Viewer)

I don't usually play contests with a small slate of games, but I'll probably do some entries for Thanksgiving just to have one more thing to look forward to

I have a couple lineups dialed up and ready to quickly insert if there are some overlays Thurs morning (which I think there will be), but I will not be putting a lot of money in due to the small slate of games

I took a look at the Sunday prices on Fanduel and it's going to be a very tough week. Not much value in the lower salary tiers at first glance

I don't usually play contests with a small slate of games, but I'll probably do some entries for Thanksgiving just to have one more thing to look forward to
Complete agreement. Plus I love 2 of the games from a fantasy perspective.
My track record shows great success on contests with a smaller slate of games (usually Mon-Thu or Monday Only). Last week was no different... killed it with those. I'm all in for the Thursday Only contests, but will not do any Thu-Mon.

I took a look at the Sunday prices on Fanduel and it's going to be a very tough week. Not much value in the lower salary tiers at first glance
Agree with that at WR, but there are some good lower priced RB options:

Rashad Jennings 7100

Justin Forsett 7600

Mark Ingram 7900

Denard Robinson 7200

Alfred Morris 7800

Jeremy Hill 7200

Tre Mason 6000

Isaiah Crowell 6900

Shane Vereen 6600

Lamar Miller 6800

Jerick McKinnon 5500

Dan Herron 5800

Latavius Murray 6700

for the Sunday Million, put this one together quickly.

QB: McCown

RB: Robinson

RB: Mason

WR: Green

WR: Watkins

WR: V. Jackson

TE: Kelce

D: Vikings

K: Scobee

Thoughts:

1) McCown still throwing a ton of passes, and this one could be a sneaky shoot-out. "Only Denver's defense sees more passes attempted against them than the Bengals", says John Paulsen. I'll stack him with VJax, who still gets a ton of targets and is due for a TD or two (which is necessary to win $ in FanDuel). It is why I have Green as well, he simply exploits match-ups (as he did earlier in the season against the Ravens, Titans, Saints, and Texans).

2) I think the Jaguars will put up some decent points at home against the Giants, I just don't know who is going to get them... could be a Bortles-Lee/Shorts/Hurns connection, or it could run through Robinson. I'll go with the running back playing at home against a still-bad Giants defense against the run. I went with Scobee as well as he is cheap and if I'm correct on the Jaguars not sucking, it could pay off.

3) Tre Mason is the back to have in STL when the games are close and they are not in passing-down situations like last game against the Chargers. The O-line is good, the match-up is decent, and they are at home. His price makes it hard to include in a line-up.

4) Watkins @ $7500... this was what ODB was priced last week I believe. It's a decent match-up and he is due for a good game and a TD. Playing at home.

5) The Chiefs will need to pass at home against the Broncos, and if Kelce gets 8-9 targets instead of the 5 he got against the Raiders, he could run one in for a TD as he is very good after the catch. Gets a long rest too. Broncos supposedly have trouble against athletic tight ends, as well. Very good price at $5300.

6) Vikings defense is still decent and held the Packers to not 50 points at home, and they are playing home again against the Panthers. I don't care if they are coming off their bye. "Minnesota has scored 16-plus fantasy points in two of their last five games. The Panthers have yielded 9.8 FP on the season, which makes them a top matchup," says John Paulsen. Low price.

I'll dabble in the thurs only, but intend to go Thurs-Mon for most of my lineups. Based on the results of the Thurs only, I may dabble in the Sun-Mon lineups :)

Have I lost my mind? I'm strongly considering Fitzpatrick this week. The Titans are horrifically bad on defense. Someone talk me out of this.

Agree with that at WR, but there are some good lower priced RB options:

Rashad Jennings 7100

Justin Forsett 7600

Mark Ingram 7900

Denard Robinson 7200

Alfred Morris 7800

Jeremy Hill 7200

Tre Mason 6000

Isaiah Crowell 6900

Shane Vereen 6600

Lamar Miller 6800

Jerick McKinnon 5500

Dan Herron 5800

Latavius Murray 6700
I used Kenny Stills (and Colston) in a few games the past weekend, and somehow Stills' price went down from 5900 to 5100 despite posting 8-98. That's with Graham catching 2 Tds, Colston another, and Morgan catching a 75 yard bomb. Not sure that I love NO on the road, but he's certainly a value, and Colston remains at 6000 where he was last week. Charles Johnson for Min against Carolina is another under the radar, but he's not exactly cheap at 6300.

Stills is probably more of a cash game play with a relatively high floor of something like 5-50, and Johnson may be more of a tourney play as I imagine his ownership percentage will be less than 2-3%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarpaggio said:
I'm going to go with one or two Thursday only games.. I need something to look forward to at the Inlaws.
Amen Brother!! That and Vodka and I can survive another holiday hopefully.

Does DK not have th-mon games?
They usually do, but looks like this week its Thursday only, or Sunday-Monday.

Their normal Thursday games actually make it very beneficial to completely fade the TNF game, because you can make adjustments to your roster after. So enter a Thursday game, fade completely, and then tweak it Saturday and Sunday.

Gronk is a sexy looking 7700 this week. I filled a bunch of lineups that look good. Sanchez Matthews stack, Stanton Floyd stack, Mccown Evans stack. Lots of nice options I'm seeing.

First thought is to load up on the first 2 turkey games for Thurs only contests. Kicker and D from the night game....although I think there is a great chance for defensive or special teams big plays in all the games.

First thought is to load up on the first 2 turkey games for Thurs only contests. Kicker and D from the night game....although I think there is a great chance for defensive or special teams big plays in all the games.
The only players I have in cash games from the SEA/SF game are Boldin and Gore. And they are in only a few lineups. The rest in that game are crap and/or overpriced.

The only players I have in cash games from the SEA/SF game are Boldin and Gore. And they are in only a few lineups. The rest in that game are crap and/or overpriced.
Also, other than fading... there is no reason NOT to use the Lions defense against the Cutler turnover machine over SEA/SF. DET is cheaper and Cutler sucks balls.

Have I lost my mind? I'm strongly considering Fitzpatrick this week. The Titans are horrifically bad on defense. Someone talk me out of this.
Not at all. Playing a lousy TEN team that just surrendered 40+ to mark Sanchez, and with targets like AJ and Hopkins. He can easily put up 12-15 points, and make starting him worthwhile, while you look to use the extra dollars elsewhere.

I also grabbed Stills for $5300 in a game that could be a shootout with the Steelers ability to put up points on marginal defenses.

These two values allowed me to fill out my lineup with:

Ellington for $7700 vs ATL

Jennings for $7100 vs JAX

Hilton vs $8700 vs WAS

Maclin for $8300 vs DAL

Gronk for $7700 vs GB

Parker

Texans DEF vs TEN

I'm curious how others start filling their lineup? Do you find the bargains first and then go for your studs to complete it? Do you find a cheap D and kicker first so you know the avg for the key positions? Do you find the studs you want first then bargain shop?

Zyphros said:
I'm curious how others start filling their lineup? Do you find the bargains first and then go for your studs to complete it? Do you find a cheap D and kicker first so you know the avg for the key positions? Do you find the studs you want first then bargain shop?
I usually go cheap on QBs in the majority of my lineups and will usually just start at the top of the positions, go cheap at QB, then find deals on RBs/WRs, pick a top flight TE, find the chepeast K/D I'm comfortable with, and tinker from there. I'll do a few of these lineups early in the week then adjust by Wed/Thurs.

Zyphros said:
1) Stud RB with best value

2) Stud WR with best value

3) Upper-mid range QB with best value - this is usually a gut feel

4) Mid-Tier RB with best value

5) Best value K and DST (Value, not price)

6) Fill the rest with best value WR/TE that fit within the budget

7) Fudge 1-5 up or down a little until budget is met

This works 90% of the time to get my "best" lineup. Then I will switch out the QB with another I like and mess around with the RB2/WR2-3/TE/K/DST to fit. "Value", for me, is highest projected point per dollar based on a weighted average of projections I use.

For cash games, I'll try to find highest floor for 4-6... for GPP I'll go highest ceiling.

Here is how it worked out for my first look at Sun-Mon cash games at FD this week:

1) LeVeon Bell

2) Demaryius

3) Big Ben

4) Rashad Jennings

5) Crosby, Dolphins

6) Rudolph, Colston, Stills

Salary: 59,900

I will likely play with it a bit so I don't have Colston and Stills both in there. But that's a good base cash lineup.

FWIW, this is really easy to do using GBMTs Interactive Value Chart.

Good luck!

Depends on what type of lineup I'm making. For gpp, I'll target the stacks I like. Then usually move to k/def, then fill from there. Cash games, I start at the top then work my way down.

I usually ID 3-4 QBs I like, 2 PK I like, and 2 Def I like. The QBs typically include at least 1 cheapie and 1 expensive-ish guy. I then look for low-price value across the RB/WR spectrum, and if a few guys jump out at me, I go ahead and start slotting them into my variations permutations. From there I fill in with my big price guys.

At TE I just flail around helplessly until I target all the guys who will score 5 points or fewer then stick them in.

Looks like FD crashed, btw.

Edit: Back up now, but I'm showing no tourneys for Thurs-Mon. Is that right? Seems really odd.

:blackdot:

I want to get in a little Thursday only action just to make the day a little more fun but I'm having a really hard time putting together a lineup I like.

So pissed I gave up building a Bears stack in a Tourny. Cutler is 4-6% owned in all these big ones and I would have used Alshon over Marshall. Damn.

Did a mon-thurs tourney on DK with this lineup

Sanchez

Forsett - 36.00

McCoy

Megatron - 41.00

Stills - 17.60

T. Williams

Graham - 22.70

Gore

Lions - 5.00

Could be big money. I'm liking the way it's shaping up.

Entered a bunch of triple-up, Thurs. only events with the following line-up..

Romo

McCoy

Bell - 24.7

Jeffery - 21.1

Tate - 16.9

Matthews

Witten

Bennett - 21.9

DAL DST

I like my odds.

Users who are viewing this thread