What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dreams about exes or loves from your past? (1 Viewer)

Egyptian Lover

Footballguy
Do you guys ever have dreams about an ex or even just a person you were enamored with back in the day?

Last night I had a dream about a girl I knew from Jr. High. She was really smart, not super beautiful or anything, and way more "alternative" than my normal crew. This was the early 90s, so think short hair, Doc Martins, The Cure buttons, feminist books, etc. 

I was really into this girl, but never had the guts to tell her or really even talk to her much.  I remember battling her in science class for the highest grade.  At least in my mind, it was a battle... Honestly, I'm not sure she really gave two thoughts about me.

She went to another high school in 9th grade and I never really saw her again.  Anyway, she was in my dream last night, and I was right back infatuated with her again. Funny thing is she looked remarkably like my wife... In the dream we talked about her life from age 15 onward, etc.  She was still really interesting, but in an adult, modern way, living in a big city doing artsy stuff. 

I'm not on Facebook and left my hometown at age 18 and have only a few friendsthat still live in the area, so I don't know what happened to her. I might try to Google search her, but have no idea where she lives.  She had a pretty common name, so it's likely not fruitful. It feels weird to try and look her up.

Yes, this is an alias. Haven't used it in years. Don't need my wife reading this from my real account although she's unlikely to do so.

Egyptian Lover said:
Do you guys ever have dreams about an ex or even just a person you were enamored with back in the day?

Last night I had a dream about a girl I knew from Jr. High. She was really smart, not super beautiful or anything, and way more "alternative" than my normal crew. This was the early 90s, so think short hair, Doc Martins, The Cure buttons, feminist books, etc. 

I was really into this girl, but never had the guts to tell her or really even talk to her much.  I remember battling her in science class for the highest grade.  At least in my mind, it was a battle... Honestly, I'm not sure she really gave two thoughts about me.

She went to another high school in 9th grade and I never really saw her again.  Anyway, she was in my dream last night, and I was right back infatuated with her again. Funny thing is she looked remarkably like my wife... In the dream we talked about her life from age 15 onward, etc.  She was still really interesting, but in an adult, modern way, living in a big city doing artsy stuff. 

I'm not on Facebook and left my hometown at age 18 and have only a few friendsthat still live in the area, so I don't know what happened to her. I might try to Google search her, but have no idea where she lives.  She had a pretty common name, so it's likely not fruitful. It feels weird to try and look her up.

Yes, this is an alias. Haven't used it in years. Don't need my wife reading this from my real account although she's unlikely to do so.
Were you too busy on Friday to start this thread?

Egyptian Lover said:

Speaking as somebody who has made the colossal mistake you’re making now- DONT DO THIS. 

Delete your alias. 
Dont google the girl. 

Go tell you wife you love her and spend the rest of your life proving that to her in every tiny way possible. Throw yourself into loving her. 

I dream about people in my past weekly.  Those dreams can be intense but that's how dreams are, they are not real life but can bring intense feelings when you wake up.  In the end, its not real life and you just need to dismiss the feelings.  Plus they usually fade quite quickly if you don't constantly dwell on the dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as somebody who has made the colossal mistake you’re making now- DONT DO THIS. 

Delete your alias. 
Dont google the girl. 

Go tell you wife you love her and spend the rest of your life proving that to her in every tiny way possible. Throw yourself into loving her. 

Booooooore.   Innnnnnggg.   

Will never forget one of my best friends showing me a magazine in college.  Just saw the face.  He goes - "who's this?".  I immediately said that's X, a girl I was with for a summer when I was 16.  He goes, "yes it is".  Then proceeds to show the magazine - full Penthouse centerfold spread.  So yes, I've thought about an ex.

I don’t remember dreams very often, and being super awkward around girls, I didn’t really date much. That said I’ve probably had dreams involving girls I liked/dated, but I’ve never been unwise enough to tell the Mrs.

Will never forget one of my best friends showing me a magazine in college.  Just saw the face.  He goes - "who's this?".  I immediately said that's X, a girl I was with for a summer when I was 16.  He goes, "yes it is".  Then proceeds to show the magazine - full Penthouse centerfold spread.  So yes, I've thought about an ex.
You’re not going to tell us who the girl was that countless men have already....seen? 

Users who are viewing this thread