What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Brees: the modern-day version of John Elway (1 Viewer)

I thought Peyton and Brees were 1a and 1b in the MVP race in 2009, but otherwise I agree; I can't think of any other season where he had a strong case to be the MVP winner.  Definitely seasons where he was in the conversation (like top 3-5), but he has never had a season where he should have been the clear-cut winner and was robbed.
I would have voted for Brees in 2006 over Tomlinson, for much the same reasons as I'd have voted for Manning over Peterson in 2012. 

I have Brees>Elway, but I'd argue they are both overrated. Career cumulative numbers are a terrible way to measure greatness, as are single season numbers of different eras. I wouldn't call either a top-10 QB of Super Bowl era, and probably not top-15 of all-time. 

I would have voted for Brees in 2006 over Tomlinson, for much the same reasons as I'd have voted for Manning over Peterson in 2012. 

I have Brees>Elway, but I'd argue they are both overrated. Career cumulative numbers are a terrible way to measure greatness, as are single season numbers of different eras. I wouldn't call either a top-10 QB of Super Bowl era, and probably not top-15 of all-time. 
I find it hard to rank quarterbacks I never saw play in real time, but since I started watching football in the mid 80's, Elway and Brees are both among the best 10 quarterbacks I've seen play, along with Peyton, Montana, Brady, Marino, Young, Favre, Rodgers and R. Wilson.  I suspect Mahomes will be on that list sooner rather than later, in which I will have to figure which guy to remove.

Who are the 2 GOAT QB's in your opinion? I think Peyton Manning is the best QB of all-time and is an actual example of a guy who carried extremely flawed teams to 12+ wins annually. It was ironic(about time one could argue) that his final championship came from his team carrying him.
Brady and Montana.  Manning a close third and I'm fine with others including him in the conversation or even the best.  Even if Brady legs an egg in Tampa I think he's got the resume in New England to easily take the title and I hate the Patriots.  I understand there's going to be some argument about Belichick was the genius or they were a mated pair... needed each other, but I don't give that a lot of substance.

Users who are viewing this thread