What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Drew Rosenhaus] - 2005 with Plaxico (1 Viewer)

BlueOnion

Footballguy
After reading reports about T.O. having a deal, not having a deal, signed and not signed a contract, it got me thinking. Didn't something similar happen with Plaxico Buress (under the guidance of Drew Rosenhaus last year)? Didn't Plax have a deal with the Giants (reported), opted not to sign the deal and then flew to another team to see if there was more (money) interest from another club? After which, the Giants removed their original offer?

I have no proof, but it almost sounds like Drew is negotiating deals for these wide receivers and after a compromise and a handshake; then waffling for a few days as if waiting for a bigger offer from another club.

All this speculation based on information I cannot recall from last year with Plaxico. Can anybody help me out?

Using the search function, it appears:

March 6, 2005 - Speculation Plaxico and the Giants have agreed on a deal.

March 7, 2005 - Plaxico is a no show for the press conference. Giants are miffed.

March 10, 2005 - Plaxico is reportedly in Minnesta; Giants remove their offer to Plaxico

March XX, 2005 - Plaxico announces he may be interested in signing a 1-year deal if he does not get his expected market value.

Plaxico eventually signs a 7-year deal with the Giants, apparently for less than what people were expecting him to sign.

It will be interesting how these events turn out with T.O..

March 7, 2005 - Plaxico is a no show for the press conference. Giants are miffed.

March 10, 2005 - Plaxico is reportedly in Minnesta; Giants remove their offer to Plaxico

March XX, 2005 - Plaxico announces he may be interested in signing a 1-year deal if he does not get his expected market value.

Plaxico eventually signs a 7-year deal with the Giants, apparently for less than what people were expecting him to sign.

I think Plaxico switched agents at some point during that process.

March 7, 2005 - Plaxico is a no show for the press conference.  Giants are miffed.

I think Plaxico switched agents at some point during that process.
He did. At first I thought Rosenhaus was his agent the whole time, however maybe that assumption was wrong.

If I recall correctly, the agent turned down the Giants offer (something along those lines), so the Giants said then sorry Plax you're on your own.

Plax had nothing else going, so he fired his agent, hired Drew and begged the Giants to let him take the offer.

I think

Users who are viewing this thread