What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop OJ Howard or Peyton Barber? (1 Viewer)

Drop OJ Howard or Peyton Barber?

• Peyton Barber

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • OJ Howard

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Neither, Stand pat and think about next week next week

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Struggling with who to drop to improve my team for NEXT week.

I have Stafford @Dallas and am looking to pick up A. Dalton @ATL (or several other streaming options). Also, wouldn't mind picking up the GB D (@BUF).

Only realistic drop candidates are Peyton Barber or OJ Howard.

I have the following depth at RB and TE:

* RB: T. Gurley, J. Howard, J. Connor, A. Collins (J. Williams, A. Jones, P. Barber) -- ton of depth here.

* TE: R. Gronkowski

Obviously have a ton of depth at RB and Gronk is gronk. However, Gronk tends to get injured.

Who would you drop?

Or would you stand pat?

Thanks

YOu are deep at RB, but I'd still be inclined to keep Barber. Can't overvalue depth at RB.  Drop OJ.
Ugh.

Love OJ's upside, but I do have Gronk.

BOTH of these guys could have trade value after this weekend, but I'm eager to fill holes I see in the team for week 4. 

Ugh.

Love OJ's upside, but I do have Gronk.

BOTH of these guys could have trade value after this weekend, but I'm eager to fill holes I see in the team for week 4. 
Presuming you can only start a max of 2 RBs, I suppose dropping Barber might make the most sense, allowing you to keep a backup TE.  The problem is, despite the poor start, Barber still gets 15+ touches a game. You'd figure at some point, he has to break out.

Presuming you can only start a max of 2 RBs, I suppose dropping Barber might make the most sense, allowing you to keep a backup TE.  The problem is, despite the poor start, Barber still gets 15+ touches a game. You'd figure at some point, he has to break out.
Nope. I can start 3 by putting one in the flex. Reason why I load up on RBs and have a ton of depth. 

He may or may not break out this week, but I don't see him doing much @CHI next week and then there's a bye week. So there's a chance if he's dropped you can get him back.

My instinct tells me to keep Barber over OJ. Do you think IF you needed OJ at some point you could acquire him back off the ww if needed? 

My instinct tells me to keep Barber over OJ. Do you think IF you needed OJ at some point you could acquire him back off the ww if needed? 
Think it will be less likely I can get Howard back after this week. There's a lot of crap out there for TE and Howard seems like a guy that is right on that top 10 to 12 TEs out there with the upside to actually be top 5. Lot of TE needy teams in this particular league.

Understanding that, I think the key question is, should I give a damn about Barber when I can start 3 RBs and I have this RB depth:

* RB1: Todd Gurley

* RB 2: J. Howard

* RB 3: James Conner

* RB Bench: Alex Collins, J. Williams AND A. Jones, P. Barber

Think it will be less likely I can get Howard back after this week. There's a lot of crap out there for TE and Howard seems like a guy that is right on that top 10 to 12 TEs out there with the upside to actually be top 5. Lot of TE needy teams in this particular league.

Understanding that, I think the key question is, should I give a damn about Barber when I can start 3 RBs and I have this RB depth:

* RB1: Todd Gurley

* RB 2: J. Howard

* RB 3: James Conner

* RB Bench: Alex Collins, J. Williams AND A. Jones, P. Barber
I agree, at this moment you're solid at RB, but if Lev Bell comes back at some point you're RB3 spot might need Barber on your team. I guess my question for you to answer yours is do you think you can find a decent TE if you were to lose Gronk....if you find yourself saying no, then I would keep OJ, if you think you could...keep Barber

Users who are viewing this thread