What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop One Running Back (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
If you had to drop one of these running backs in a 1 point PPR, keeper league, who would it be?  I hate to drop AJ Dillon because I feel like he has some major upside, but he seems like the obvious choice given the options.  Barring injury, he is certainly the most likely to help the least this year.

FYI - This is pre-draft and I have the second pick.  I will likely grab either McCaffrey or (more likely) Cook with the second pick to go with my group of Running backs if that makes a difference.  That person will not be eligible to be kept though and will only help me this year.

Austin Ekeler, Damien Harris, James Robinson, AJ Dillon, and Chase Edmonds.

I would rank the RB's in this order:

1. Robinson - I am a believer and think is a really good RB at what he does and Lawrence will help him by keeping defenses honest.
  2. Harris - I think he will be the guy
  3. Ekeler - I am not high on him because of health concerns but he should be kept from this group
  4. Dillon - with those other three and CMC/Cook on the roster getting his upside is worth it.
  5. Edmonds - I think he will be good but based on your other keepers Dillon makes more sense to keep on the upside alone.  

I would drop Dillon and try to re-draft him if you are that high on him, but the talent and depth you have makes him a luxury this season.

I would drop Dillon and try to re-draft him if you are that high on him, but the talent and depth you have makes him a luxury this season.

We can only keep players drafted in the tenth round or later.  If I drop Dillon I don't think he makes it to the tenth round in my league.  If I thought I could get him back as a keeper, I would definitely do it.  On the other hand, I probably could get Edmonds back in the draft if not somebody better.  I think I'd rather have Dillon for the future, but I still have a few days to make my final decision on the matter.  I'll probably change my mind six times by then.

Users who are viewing this thread