What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Duke Ihenacho (DEN S) (1 Viewer)

Eph

Footballguy
This guy looked great last night! 11 solos, 1 assist, 3 PDs! No fluke scoring.

He was a monster!

Any reason to believe this won't happen again?

Eph

I started Ihenacho last night because Elam isn't a starter yet.. :yes: he got me 32 points!!

Thank you to everyone on here! Because of this forum, I picked him up last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's the in-the-box guy with Moore playing deep. He looked like this in training camp and during the preseason. Get him while you can imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I have him starting. Him and Iloka of Cin were targets for me. I liked 'em both and their preseason injuries kept them off everyone's radar.

Think he's better than any of my other DBs in my signature? Can't afford to roster 4.

Thanks!

Kid looked like the real deal. Aggressive, sure tackler from what I saw.

That said, the Ravens gameplan played right into his zone. That's not a knock on him at all, he did his job very well. I'm just not quite convinced yet that Denver's scheme will put him in a position to be an every week IDP starter.

I may be getting on board quickly tho. He certainly looks like a talented player.

The games I watched where he played a lot, all looked the same, he is aggressive and fast to the ball and have not really seen people getting away from him, he really explodes to the ball carrier. I picked him up in the league I could but my other league only has waivers after the first week, so i doubt I have a shot there as I will be at the end of the list.

He was sniffing out screen passes like nobodies business. Also almost got rice on the td run, despite amazing blocking by leech. Did't have any blatant blown coverages from what I saw. One bad holding call. Looks really, really solid.

Yeah I really want him. Depending on how cyprien does would you drop him for duke? My only other safety is rashad jones and I'm assuming I can't drop him :)

That's what I get for listening to experts I guess. Had him forever, finally dropped him last week after expert after expert said that the Denver safety position will never be fantasy relevant. Shows what they know I guess, shoulda stuck with my gut.

I don't normally play in deep IDP leagues, but have started this year. Is it worth me burning a high waiver priority on Ihenacho?

I only need to start 2 safeties, but could flex him (figured I'd use a LB like B. Spikes though). I've currently got E. Berry, G. Quin, and P. Chung to rotate through the 2 spots and 1 flex DP.

It's dynasty league so I could keep him for a long time if he is the real deal

dwalker6 said:
I don't normally play in deep IDP leagues, but have started this year. Is it worth me burning a high waiver priority on Ihenacho?

I only need to start 2 safeties, but could flex him (figured I'd use a LB like B. Spikes though). I've currently got E. Berry, G. Quin, and P. Chung to rotate through the 2 spots and 1 flex DP.

It's dynasty league so I could keep him for a long time if he is the real deal
Unless there is a stud linebacker on your waiver wire, I would say yes.

Worth a pick up. Denver's safeties last year were not that great. Also Miller and Bailey not playing might effect his numbers. I still am picking him up though.

Picked him up in the league that still had a waiver session so he wasn't locked.

I did notice though that he had like 10 or 11 tackles in the first half and 1 or 2 in the second. Hope he's not going to disappear once the Broncos go up and teams are having to throw continually.

Picked him up in the league that still had a waiver session so he wasn't locked.

I did notice though that he had like 10 or 11 tackles in the first half and 1 or 2 in the second. Hope he's not going to disappear once the Broncos go up and teams are having to throw continually.
A little disconcerting, but I'll give Duke a couple weeks to see how it plays out. If teams go into full pass mode no reason he still cant rack up some tackles anyway.

I dropped Pollard for him.

Looks like hot garbage tonight. I guess its time to dump Duke. Thank god I didn't bite on sell high trade offers by his owners in dynasty leagues.

Looks like hot garbage tonight. I guess its time to dump Duke. Thank god I didn't bite on sell high trade offers by his owners in dynasty leagues.
He was playing on a hurt ankle from the previous week (questionable status) and then hurt an ankle again in this game.

You go ahead and dump him.

BigSteelThrill said:
Mistabishi said:
He was playing on a hurt ankle from the previous week (questionable status) and then hurt an ankle again in this game.

Some solid options exist on the waivers such as Vaccarro and Woodson so I think I will be fine to dump and grab him again when he shows signs of life.

BigSteelThrill said:
Mistabishi said:

I'm not going to dump, but I won't start him again until I see he's capable of making it through 2 complete games in a row.

BigSteelThrill said:
Mistabishi said:

Some solid options exist on the waivers such as Vaccarro and Woodson so I think I will be fine to dump and grab him again when he shows signs of life.
Your previous post

"Thank god I didn't bite on sell high trade offers by his owners in dynasty leagues"

So, Vaccaro is available on the ww in Dynasty Leagues ?

BigSteelThrill said:
Mistabishi said:

Your previous post

"Thank god I didn't bite on sell high trade offers by his owners in dynasty leagues"

So, Vaccaro is available on the ww in Dynasty Leagues ?
No. I play in 8 different IDP. Vaccaro is on waiver in one redraft.

I like what Ive seen from him and his opportunities, but I dont have room on my bench for IDP's so I cut him until I see he's healthy and productive again.

Are people trying to hold onto him where they can? If he's just going to keep aggravating this injury, going to be tough to carry him with other options available, especially through byes.

Broncos | Three miss practice

Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:55:23 -0700

Denver Broncos CB Tony Carter (ankle), S Duke Ihenacho (ankle) and LB Paris Lenon (thigh) did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 25.

Broncos | Two miss practice
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:59:47 -0700

Denver Broncos S Duke Ihenacho (ankle) and LB Paris Lenon (thigh) did not practice Thursday, Sept. 26.

Broncos | Three questionable
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:49:21 -0700

Denver Broncos S Duke Ihenacho (ankle), CB Champ Bailey (foot) and TE Joel Dreessen (knee) were limited in practice Friday, Sept. 27, and are questionable for Week 4.

The Man With No Name said:
Broncos | Three miss practice

Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:55:23 -0700

Denver Broncos CB Tony Carter (ankle), S Duke Ihenacho (ankle) and LB Paris Lenon (thigh) did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 25.

Broncos | Two miss practice

Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:59:47 -0700

Denver Broncos S Duke Ihenacho (ankle) and LB Paris Lenon (thigh) did not practice Thursday, Sept. 26.

Broncos | Three questionable

Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:49:21 -0700

Denver Broncos S Duke Ihenacho (ankle), CB Champ Bailey (foot) and TE Joel Dreessen (knee) were limited in practice Friday, Sept. 27, and are questionable for Week 4.
Good posting. Anyone with him in their lineups was rolling the dice. I benched him.

Yeah I played Wolff over him too. Thanks Guru!

Wolff made a couple of mistakes and had opportunities for another tackle or two but on the whole it was a promising start.

Just bought into The Duke. Guy had to drop him because of massive injuries to his team and he needed space. I dropped a good amount to get him. Here's to hoping the play stays consistant!

Does anyone know if he practiced fully and is expected to play? Have to make a decision on him or Berry.

Users who are viewing this thread