What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2016 Draft Class (3 Viewers)

Hi all -

Thought I would give the forum community what I have gathered for 2016 rookies pre-draft.  It is a collection of ratings from 25 sources found across the internet, some only had top ten but I used them.  I limited this list at a top thirty and I kicked out anyone under eight vote counts.  I also kicked out the maximum and minimum from the average to remove outliers. So it is essentially an ADP list but some things stand out a bit.  The average values make it easier to see tiers in my opinion.   Not surprising, Elliot is rock solid number 1, but numbers 2-5 are also separated.  Drop offs after five, nine, eleven

Player

Pos

School

Count

Average (excluding min max)

Elliot, Ezekiel

RB

Ohio State

Treadwell, Laquon

WR

Mississippi

Doctson, Josh

WR

TCU

Coleman, Corey

WR

Baylor

Henry, Derrick

RB

Alabama

Thomas, Michael

WR

Ohio State

Dixon, Kenneth

RB

Louisiana Tech

Shepard, Sterling

WR

Oklahoma

Carroo, Leonte

WR

Rutgers

Fuller, Will

WR

Notre Dame

Boyd, Tyler

WR

Pittsburgh

Booker, Devontae

RB

Utah

Prosise, CJ

RB

Notre Dame

Perkins, Paul

RB

UCLA

Miller, Braxton

WR

Ohio State

Howard, Jordan

RB

Indiana

Cooper, Pharoh

WR

South Carolina

Collins, Alex

RB

Arkansas

Thomas, Mike

WR

Southern Miss

Goff, Jared

QB

California

Williams, Jonathan

RB

Arkansas

Wentz, Carson

QB

North Dakota State

Lynch, Paxton

QB

Memphis

Henry, Hunter

TE

Arkansas

Peake, Charone

WR

Clemson

Higgins, Rashard

WR

Colorado State

Drake, Kenyan

RB

Alabama

Sharpe, Tajae

WR

UMass

Mitchell, Malcolm

WR

Georgia

Marshall, Keith

RB

Georgia

Garrett, Keyarris

WR

Tulsa

Last edited by a moderator:
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline wrote that South Carolina TE Jerell Adams "should hear his name called tonight."
"The Gamecock tight end has been swiftly moving up draft boards since last September," Pauline noted, "and I'm told the Green Bay Packers and Carolina Panthers will consider him as Round 3 closes out." One scout who spoke with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this month said that he has "all the physical skills in the world," but cautions that the 6-foot-5, 247-pounder's mental game might not be up to par with his physical one. Another evaluator observed that Adams is still adding to his blocking acumen. We could see a Day 2 run on tight ends given the thin state of the position.

Source: Walter Football 
Apr 29 - 2:46 PM

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll called third-round pick Nick Vannett "the best Y tight end in the draft."
The "Y" position is an in-line tight end. In Seattle, Vannett provides insurance behind Jimmy Graham (knee) and Luke Willson, though they are both more "F" tight ends -- particularly Graham. The "Y" tight end has never had fantasy value in the Seahawks' offense. Vannett's Dynasty outlook is bleak.

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio 
May 2 - 4:58 PM

SI's Peter King reports that the Ravens had "reliable information" that the Patriots would try to draft Navy RB/WR Keenan Reynolds in Rd. 6 before Baltimore beat them to it.
Baltimore plucked Reynolds with the No. 182 overall pick. New England had a pair of sixth-rounders later in the stanza. King reports that the Ravens will likely as Reynolds to be an "all-purpose weapon ... returning, rushing, receiving, sort of a latter-day Antwaan Randle-El ... receiver/returner, and maybe a direct-snap back." GM Ozzie Newsome and assistant GM Eric DeCosta found out that Reynolds was learning how to return from Brian Mitchell, one of the all-time greats at it. HC John Harbaugh called Mitchell, a former player, and was told that Reynolds "could be a gifted returner." The rest was history.

Source: MMQB 
May 3 - 10:46 PM

Users who are viewing this thread