What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

An anonymous AFC executive said he likes Texas WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey's "talent" but "hates the testing."

This isn't too surprising as Humphrey was a popular draftnik sleeper prior to bombing the combine with a 4.75-second 40-yard dash. All together, Humphrey produced an 11th percentile SPARQ athletic composite score at the NFL Scouting Combine. The executive added "I wasn't sure he could get open before the combine and now I feel even less certain. He dropped a bunch of weight for the combine, which hurt him more than helped him." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compared him to Evan Moore and projects him to be selected in Round 7.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Apr 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

ESPN's Todd McShay notes that Boise State RB Alexander Mattison is "getting a lot of buzz" right now.

About time. Mattison has some athletic limitations, but he showed that he's not bereft of speed with a 4.55 second 40-yard dash at his pro day, and he was extremely productive with the Broncos. McShay goes as far as to say that the 5-foot-11, 221-pound tailback is drawing Day 2 talk. He'll have to usurp some tailbacks to do that, but Mattison's potential be a three-down back makes it certainly possible.

SOURCE: ESPN

Apr 22, 2019, 1:00 PM

An area scout for an AFC team writes that Clemson WR Hunter Renfrow "catches everything."

His foul quote: "He's a great route runner. He catches everything. He's quicker than fast. He's a coach's son. I think I checked off all the cliche boxes for a white slot receiver, but they are all true. Watch him work against Minkah Fitzpatrick and tell me if you think he can play." We'll move on from the race thing, but we will note that Zierlein compares Renfrow to Jeremy Kerley. As Zierlein writes in his summary: "His lack of vertical push will have nickel cornerbacks looking to smother him before he can get out of the gates, but his ball skills and ability to handle contested catches could make him a mid-round draft selection and early NFL contributor." Expect Renfrow to go late on Day 2 or early on Day 3.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Apr 22, 2019, 2:41 PM

Bob McGinn of Bob McGinn football believes that Notre Dame TE Alizé Mack is the "scouts nightmare" of the 2019 NFL Draft class among receivers.

Not the first time we've heard something like this. Mack was a legitimate five-star prospect at the tight end position for Notre Dame, and while there were flashes of that talent with the Fighting Irish, there were on and off-field issues for Mack in his time there. "His talent matches up favorably with many of the top tight ends," writes McGinn. "His work ethic, maturity and grasp of the system do not, at least in South Bend." As McGinn also notes, he tested well, but in this strong tight end class, that might not be enough for him to be more than a Day 3 pick. High risk, high reward.

SOURCE: Bob McGinn Football

Apr 23, 2019, 5:01 PM

Users who are viewing this thread