What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

I think there some WRs in this class who have the potential to approach similar value to these guys, but I don't think any of them are thought of as prospects in the same terms of physical freakishness + college production as say Julio or Calvin. Jeudy, for example, is a technician and his movement is special, but he's not especially strong and has a somewhat skinny build. Reagor may blow up the combine but due to the offense and QB play we don't know as much about his production. I kind of think of Green as the closest parallel to Jeudy -- someone we've been focused on for years and who is an elite technician but lanky. 

Even if these WRs don't measure up to Calvin or Julio as prospects, I don't really see that as a huge deal. Some of these guys are going to go early and draft capital, combined with their talent, can really matter in dynasty. Plus, they don't need to be Julio/Calvin/Green to be elite WR1s; the top guys come in with skill sets that, in my opinion, translate well to top fantasy production. I'm no less excited about this class because it (presumably) lacks "generational" or "once every 5-10 year" players (tropes that I keep seeing on dynasty boards). 
I agree with all of this.  Well said. 

Jeudy is a freak in a different way.  His quickness and change of direction both laterally and changing speeds is incredible.  He also has elite speed, great hands, and advanced route running skills, but he doesn't have the big body or height. 

Jeudy could be more of a faster Antonio Brown, or Torry Holt type as his ceiling.

Eta: Stefon Diggs also comes to mind as a bit similar.  He could be a rich man's Diggs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: DAG
I think there some WRs in this class who have the potential to approach similar value to these guys, but I don't think any of them are thought of as prospects in the same terms of physical freakishness + college production as say Julio or Calvin. Jeudy, for example, is a technician and his movement is special, but he's not freakishly strong and has a somewhat skinny build. Reagor may blow up the combine but due to the offense and QB play we don't know as much about his production. I kind of think of Green as the closest parallel to Jeudy -- someone we've been focused on for years and who is an elite technician but lanky. 

Even if these WRs don't measure up to Calvin or Julio as prospects, I don't really see why that matters. Some of these guys are going to go early and draft capital, combined with their talent, can really matter in dynasty. Plus, they don't need to be Julio/Calvin/Green to be elite WR1s; the top guys come in with skill sets that, in my opinion, translate well to top fantasy production. I'm no less excited about this class because it (presumably) lacks "generational" or "once every 5-10 year" players (tropes that I keep seeing on dynasty boards). 
Thanks I have no problem with Calvin Johnson & Julio Jones being more physical freaks than Jeudy, but AJ Green (maybe)?  I think Green is a good comp.

But you are right, thanks for your reply, sometimes the hype in these forums and articles on the internet gets me carried away, and I needed to be brought to back reality.

I struggle with Jeudy being comped with Amari Cooper, because I am not a big fan of Amari Cooper (Cooper is good, but I think he is somewhat overrated).

I totally agree with your post, I am attempting to find an accurate trade value to trade up in my rookie dynasty draft next year for one of these impact rookie receivers, and the hype for these rookies got me disoriented. 

Sometimes too much research may not be a good thing.

Thanks again.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Yeah, I've seen some focus on how Jeudy measures up to Cooper too, and it feels pretty arbitrary. They played at the same school, but I don't feel like they have similar games. Jeudy may go near the top of round 1, he's very dedicated to the details of his position, and he has (as @kittenmittens suggests above) some freakish qualities in terms of agility. Or course there's a chance he's not the best WR in the class, but there's plenty to be excited about. 

Hunter Bryant Declares for NFL Draft

Washington TE Hunter Bryant declared for the NFL Draft.

Bryant (6'2/239) finished the regular season with 52 receptions, 825 receiving yards and three touchdown receptions, averaging 15.9 yards per catch. His draft stock entering the season was limited some due to the fact that he missed time in each of his first two years at Washington due to injury, but he was able to play in all 12 of the Huskies' games this season. Pro Football Network draft analyst Tony Pauline wrote in early November that Bryant has a shot at being a Day 2 draft pick next spring were he to forego his final season of eligibility. There's been no word as to whether or not the tight end will play in Washington's bowl game.

SOURCE: Hunter Bryant on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 6:33 PM ET

Justin Herbert completed 14-of-26 passes for 193 yards with a touchdown in a 37-15 rout of Utah on Friday in the Pac-12 Championship Game.

Herbert (6'6/223) made a beautiful throw to Johnny Johnson III for his touchdown from 45 yards away to give Oregon a 17-0 lead early in the second quarter. It's also worth noting that there wasn't a receiver within a dozen yards of Johnson. After that, Herbert struggled, and he went nearly a two quarters without completing a pass. Still, it was good enough; particularly with C.J. Verdell carving up the Utes' run defense. Oregon is now 11-2 and will head to the Rose Bowl; likely facing off with Wisconsin.

Dec 6, 2019, 11:46 PM ET

Utah senior RB Zack Moss carried the ball 19 times for 113 yards and caught four passes for 57 yards and a touchdown in a 37-15 loss to Oregon on Friday in the Pac-12 Championship Game.

Moss (5'10/222) ran hard as he always does, and he had an impressive 42-yard run that featured a block from quarterback Tyler Huntley. Outside of that, Moss didn't find much room against the tough Oregon front seven. He did make some plays as a receiver, however, including a 24-yard touchdown that got Utah on the board with 10:52 left in the third. Moss and the Utes will not be heading to the playoffs, and instead will almost assuredly be playing in a New Year's Six game like the Cotton Bowl.

Dec 6, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

pick.

"A 6'2", 215-pounder with power after the catch and an ability to win as a vertical threat, plus an excellent jump-ball player in the red zone, Peoples-Jones will open up the entire Buffalo passing game," Miller writes. The analyst also addresses

Please forgive me if this has already posted, this is Scott Wright NFL Draft Countdown, he recently posted his 2020 NFL draft.

http://draftcountdown.com/mock-draft/2020-mock-draft/round-1-2020-mock-draft-1/

Once I first read it, I read that no WR in the 2020 class being as good as AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones when talking about Jeudy.

I wanted to get some opinions concerning if any of the 2020 WRs prospects could become as good as AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones?

To view mock draft, you need to click on mock draft in upper right hand corner.
If I had to choose one CeeDee Lamn is that guy. He’s big, strong and he dominates all across the field.

Tex

If I had to choose one CeeDee Lamn is that guy. He’s big, strong and he dominates all across the field.

Tex
I like the call on Lamb. He's neck and neck with Jeudy for me. I have the 1.1 in a ppr dynasty that rewards WRs and Jeudy/Lamb is what I'll probably be figuring out this offseason unless one of the top RBs lands in an ideal situation (and it'd have to be something like Swift to KC for me).

I like the call on Lamb. He's neck and neck with Jeudy for me. I have the 1.1 in a ppr dynasty that rewards WRs and Jeudy/Lamb is what I'll probably be figuring out this offseason unless one of the top RBs lands in an ideal situation (and it'd have to be something like Swift to KC for me).
That is what I am reading also.  Some people are putting Ruggs III (speed) before Lamb, but so far, I am liking Lamb a little better. Higgins and Shenault are also in the conversation.

I am in the playoffs this year in my PPR dynasty league, and I am doing some early research on the 2020 draft next year. I am attempting to decide if I should get another impact WR or RB or wait l till my pick comes up and grab a QB (probably too early to make that decision, but it's a hobby) .  I kind of need a good second QB (Luck retired), and I am trying to compare the values at both positions. The price to trade up in the 2020 draft might be large.

I don't know much about Burrow, how do people feel about the top rookie QBs for 2020?

Any good resources for research?

That is what I am reading also.  Some people are putting Ruggs III (speed) before Lamb, but so far, I am liking Lamb a little better. Higgins and Shenault are also in the conversation.

I am in the playoffs this year in my PPR dynasty league, and I am doing some early research on the 2020 draft next year. I am attempting to decide if I should get another impact WR or RB or wait l till my pick comes up and grab a QB (probably too early to make that decision, but it's a hobby) .  I kind of need a good second QB (Luck retired), and I am trying to compare the values at both positions. The price to trade up in the 2020 draft might be large.

I don't know much about Burrow, how do people feel about the top rookie QBs for 2020?

Any good resources for research?
Taking a QB in round 1 in a 1 QB league is always a mistake IMO. I saw Murray go at 4 and 5 in two of my leagues, I was stunned. 

I disagree about it costing a lot to trade up. This may be a deep draft, meaning there arent big drop offs. I was surprised how little it cost to trade up from 1.4 to 1.1 on dynasty trade calculator. You're better off trying to trade up in round 2 if you want a qb, however I'm not impressed by this potential qb class. a year ago it seemed awesome (isn't that always the case?), but outside of Burrow I'm not sure there is a great second option; the rest have some major warts. 

I look ahead often and try to plan my draft. it's a waste of effort as the nfl draft changes things 100%, but it's just for fun. 

Right now my top 2 WRs are Jeudy and Lamb. I have some concerns about others, but this stands to be a pretty good class as far as my projected misses go- I havent run my data yet but I am guessing that the majority of the top 5 or 6 wrs will not be projected misses on my calculator. That's pretty rare. I'm excited to run the data and look, but IMO it looks like a horrible year to trade up round 1- realistically it shouldnt cost a ton to trade up given the depth, but sellers won't be happy with that price and may opt to sit tight. 

I am very deep at wr (godwin, kupp, diggs, sutton, gallop, AJ Brown, JJAW, P. Williams, Isabella) but I am likely taking Jeudy or Lamb at 1.4 (I have 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and favorite for 1.13). Best player available is always the way to go

Taking a QB in round 1 in a 1 QB league is always a mistake IMO. I saw Murray go at 4 and 5 in two of my leagues, I was stunned. 

I disagree about it costing a lot to trade up. This may be a deep draft, meaning there arent big drop offs. I was surprised how little it cost to trade up from 1.4 to 1.1 on dynasty trade calculator. You're better off trying to trade up in round 2 if you want a qb, however I'm not impressed by this potential qb class. a year ago it seemed awesome (isn't that always the case?), but outside of Burrow I'm not sure there is a great second option; the rest have some major warts. 

I look ahead often and try to plan my draft. it's a waste of effort as the nfl draft changes things 100%, but it's just for fun. 

Right now my top 2 WRs are Jeudy and Lamb. I have some concerns about others, but this stands to be a pretty good class as far as my projected misses go- I havent run my data yet but I am guessing that the majority of the top 5 or 6 wrs will not be projected misses on my calculator. That's pretty rare. I'm excited to run the data and look, but IMO it looks like a horrible year to trade up round 1- realistically it shouldnt cost a ton to trade up given the depth, but sellers won't be happy with that price and may opt to sit tight. 

I am very deep at wr (godwin, kupp, diggs, sutton, gallop, AJ Brown, JJAW, P. Williams, Isabella) but I am likely taking Jeudy or Lamb at 1.4 (I have 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and favorite for 1.13). Best player available is always the way to go
For me it is a hobby, I get home and want to relax, so I research fantasy football a little.

I am open to lots of options trading up or down, but my league mates rarely trade, so their asking price may be pricey.

I will watch to see if Jeudy or Lamb falls in our rookie draft, if he does, I'll make a strong move to get him.

That wait until round 2 for a QB may be a very good call.

Anyone have any good draft prospects resources or information?

I am figuring out which bowl games to watch this year.

Anyone have any good draft prospects resources or information?
There is a ton of info out there. I wouldnt pay much attention to sites now as they are always ridiculously off/bad at this point. 

Depends what you're looking for. There are a lot of paid sites out there. Walterfootball is free and updates frequently. I just dont pay much attention to their rankings as they are usually horrible until after the combine. Dane Brugler usually has a good pulse on things 

The following is an ESPN+ Article, so there’s no point clicking the link unless you have a paid account; however it is interesting that they are suggesting that there could be eight first round wide receivers selected in the 2020 NFL Draft:

Meet the elite wide receiver class for the 2020 NFL draft: 8 potential first-round picks

I feel safe suggesting that the following WR are either going in the first round or are near mortal locks for the first round:

Jerry Jeudy

CeeDee Lamb

Tee Higgins

Jalen Reagor

Henry Ruggs

Laviska Shenault

The other two WR that I have heard as potentially going in the first round are Devonta Smith and Donovan Peoples-Jones. 

I think there is also some fans of Denzel Mims, Brandon Aiyuk, Justin Jefferson, Tyler Johnson, Michael Pittman Jr., and a few others; however, there are only so many WR who will be selected in the first round, so I see these guys as day two selections.

That Baylor rb Ebner looked explosive on that td catch. Doesn’t look like he’s had much volume but could be a sneaky late rounder. 

Oklahoma senior QB Jalen Hurts completed 17-of-24 passes for 287 yards, a touchdown and an interception in Saturday's 30-23 overtime win over Baylor in the Big 12 Championship.

Hurts (6'2/218) ran very, very hot and cold in this one. He started out sharp before dipping in the second quarter (throwing a critical pick which led to a Baylor score), then stabilizing somewhat after halftime. Near the end of the third quarter the senior signal-caller hooked up with Nick Basquine on an 18-yard touchdown pass, his lone scoring toss of the contest. OU would allow Baylor to tie up the game in the fourth quarter, blowing a 10-point lead in the process, but ultimately got the job done in overtime. With a Big 12 title now in hand, the Sooners are in very good position for a Playoff berth, barring a Georgia upset of LSU (which would muddy the waters). If the team does make the four-team dance, Hurts is absolutely going to have to play cleaner than he generally does. The margin for error will be razor thin against the likes of Clemson and Ohio State.

Dec 7, 2019, 4:11 PM ET

LSU junior WR Justin Jefferson caught seven passes for 115 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 37-10 win over Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.

Jefferson's big play in the contest came on a 71-yard catch-and-run in the third quarter after Joe Burrow pulled off his best Tony Romo impression, dodging defenders in the backfield before throwing a perfect pass on the move. No touchdown, there, but just one drive later Burrow found the junior for an eight-yard score. That was the junior's 14th touchdown of the season. This was Jefferson's sixth 100-yard receiving game of the campaign. LSU locked in a Playoff spot with this win and should be in play for the No. 1 seed on Sunday. Just a magnificent campaign to date for the Tigers.

Dec 7, 2019, 8:05 PM ET

Memphis senior WR Antonio Gibson brought in three passes for 32 yards and a touchdown while rushing 11 times for 130 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 29-24 win over Cincinnati in the AAC Championship Game.

It seems HC Mike Norvell learned from the SMU game and the initial Cincinnati game that Gibson (6'2/220) should be involved in the run game. With the AAC title on the line, Norvell turned to Gibson in the run game more than ever before, notching season-highs in both carries and yardage. While Gibson did bring in a receiving touchdown on a screen on the final drive, it was his run game efforts that really impressed in this one.

Dec 7, 2019, 8:02 PM ET

Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm completed 20-of-42 passes for 225 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions in Saturday's 37-10 loss to LSU in the SEC Championship Game.

Fromm (6'2/220) did hit on a few rhythm passes in this one, but it was mostly a painful performance. Before intermission, the junior signal-caller missed multiple open receivers, including at least one who would have gone for a touchdown in the first quarter. To be fair to Fromm, he was without WR Lawrence Cager due to injury, but even so, he was far overshadowed by opposite number Joe Burrow. Fromm's lone touchdown pass of the contest did not come until the fourth quarter, when the contest was well out of reach. A Sugar Bowl matchup against Baylor could potentially be on deck for UGA, after which Fromm will have a draft decision to make. After being floated as a potential first-rounder during the preseason, Fromm's down, flat play this year has almost certainly pushed him to Day 2 should he opt to try his luck with the spring draft.

Dec 7, 2019, 7:56 PM ET

Memphis senior WR Damonte Coxie caught nine passes for 165 yards in Saturday's 29-24 win over Cincinnati in the AAC Championship Game.

Coxie (6'3/197) was responsible for about two-thirds of Memphis' receiving production. No other receiver brought in more than three passes or 40 yards. Coxie was, at the very least, three times as productive as anyone else on the team. Given QB Brady White's shaky day, it was a miracle that Coxie was able to show up in as dominant a fashion as he did. Expect Coxie to look good again in the bowl game as he brings his college career to a close.

Dec 7, 2019, 7:45 PM ET

Boise State senior WR John Hightower caught three passes for 64 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 31-10 win over Hawaii in the Mountain West Championship Game.

Hightower (6'2/183) wasn't doing much on volume, but his 36-yard touchdown grab in the closing seconds of the first half would put BSU up 17-3. The Broncos would roll with ease through to the end of the game, tacking on here and there to keep Hawaii out of range for a comeback. Hightower and crew could see action in the Las Vegas Bowl later this winter, or perhaps a New Year's Six bowl depending on how the matchups shake out. The senior could be a sneaky-upside mid-to-late-round selection come April's draft.

Dec 7, 2019, 7:30 PM ET

LSU redshirt senior QB Joe Burrow completed 28-of-38 passes for 349 yards and four touchdowns in Saturday's 37-10 win over Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.

Georgia has a strong, strong defense. And while they did make him work for it (especially early), Burrow still ended up playing a masterful game. The 6-foot-4, 216-pound redshirt senior -- just named winner of the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award -- did as he does in the first quarter on Saturday, hitting on a pair of touchdown passes to get LSU out to a fast 14-0 lead. At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, the game almost felt over at that point, simply knowing the different speeds at which the two offenses in question operate. Burrow would add two more touchdown tosses in the third quarter as the Tigers pulled away in earnest (they took a 34-3 lead into the fourth quarter). Potential No. 1 overall pick Burrow could have a Heisman Trophy coming his way in the days ahead, but even more importantly, LSU is now on its way to the Playoff, potentially as the top seed.

Dec 7, 2019, 7:57 PM ET

TCU RB Sewo Olonilua has accepted an invitation to play in next month's NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

Olonilua (6'3/240) was utilized as both a rusher and pass-catcher during his time at TCU, finishing the 2019 season with 537 rushing yards and eight rushing touchdowns with an average of 4.0 yards per carry. As a receiver, the senior running back caught 24 passes for 114 yards and another touchdown. Before the season began, Olonilua was given a seventh-round draft grade by Pro Football Network draft analyst Tony Pauline. That may be his ceiling at this point, given how the value placed on running backs at the NFL level has decreased in recent years.

SOURCE: NFLPA Bowl on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 2:14 PM ET

Oklahoma State HC Mike Gundy said on Sunday that he expects redshirt sophomore RB Chuba Hubbard to play in the Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl vs. Texas A&M.

With more players deciding to sit out their bowl games in order to save their bodies and prepare for the NFL Draft, it's understandable that someone would ask this question about Hubbard (6'1/207). He's draft-eligible this season, and given how well the redshirt sophomore played he's going to have a decision to make in the offseason. But Gundy said during Sunday's Texas Bowl press conference that he expects Hubbard to play in the December 27 game against their former Big 12 rival. Hubbard leads the FBS with 1,936 rushing yards while also scoring 21 rushing touchdowns. ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Hubbard fifth among draft-eligible running backs in late November.

SOURCE: Suzanne Haliburton on Twitter

Dec 8, 2019, 7:02 PM ET

Utah State redshirt junior QB Jordan Love is considering becoming a graduate transfer if he does not declare for the NFL Draft, sources tell Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports.

It's been speculated before that Love (6'4/225) could consider a transfer, but only now is it being reported as a real possibility. Whether it's to the NFL or a different school, it seems Love will be leaving Utah State for one destination or another. Texas Tech, Houston, and Oklahoma were all listed as potential landing spots by Wetzel. Love had a lackluster junior season in which he threw just 17 touchdowns to a whopping 16 interceptions. Keep an eye on Love's situation as transfers and NFL Draft declarations start ramping up.

SOURCE: Dan Wetzel on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 4:19 PM ET

I haven't been able to look closely enough to do a top 12 list, and anything we do now is obviously highly changeable, but I have given some thought to the top 6 as I have 1.1, 1.3, and 1.6 in a rebuild. This is all prohibitive; I'll probably change my mind by dinner. This is for ppr specifically.

1. CeeDee Lamb - I have him just a hair above Jeudy, mainly because of what he does at the catch point and his RAC skills. It's kind of an intangible/personal preference thing since he is, imo, so close to Jeudy. His game just looks nastier, more dominant to me. Everything I've read is that his route running is behind Jeudy's and I do think that matters. But he's a good route runner, and seems to have a very solid foundation to build from. 

2. D'Andre Swift - I am having a hard time getting fully on board with Swift as an elite prospect. I'm not sure why, as he has the skills and college production to justify a top ranking. I have him here because true 3-down backs are so valuable in ppr and he comes into the league with proven pass catching chops. So, I am ranking him here based on the idea that he is drafted to a team that will use him as a runner/receiver. If not, I might drop him down my list. 

3. Jerry Jeudy - In the end I may bump Jeudy over Swift at #2, and have him as essentially tied with Lamb in a 1a/1b ranking. He is a top technician and has elite movement skills. His 40 time probably won't be eye-popping but he plays really fast. He's had some big drops this year but that doesn't concern me too much as I think he has good hands. I also don't worry about the variations in his productivity this year, as Bama has so many elite WRs (at least one, and maybe two of his teammates, may go in rd 1).

4. Jonathan Taylor - I'm not going to overthink this one. I am generally lower on RBs who don't project as pass catchers in ppr. I know he has improved his receiving this season, but unlike Swift he doesn't come into the NFL with a reputation as a 3-down back so I'm less confident that he'll be drafted with 3-down work in mind. But, he has several years of proven, top production, and he has elite physical traits (it's behind a pay way at the Athletic, but Bruce Feldman profiles him in his 2019 Freaks List). If he goes to a team that decides to throw the ball to him (as happened with Melvin Gordon, for example) then he would justify a higher ranking, maybe jumping Swift. 

5. Laviska Shenault - He's had a down year production-wise but he's not exactly in an ideal situation. He's also had some durability issues. But he has elite physical skills and will likely represent good draft capital in round 1, especially post-combine.

6. JK Dobbins - Like Swift, I am drawn to the 3-down potential and I like his game. The tricky thing with this spot is that there are going to be several WRs who may go in round 1 and represent better draft capital, which is something I usually factor in (though I don't treat it as determinative). So, guys like Henry Ruggs III, Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor, could jump up here for me based on landing spot and draft capital.

I haven't been able to look closely enough to do a top 12 list, and anything we do now is obviously highly changeable, but I have given some thought to the top 6 as I have 1.1, 1.3, and 1.6 in a rebuild. This is all prohibitive; I'll probably change my mind by dinner. This is for ppr specifically.

1. CeeDee Lamb - I have him just a hair above Jeudy, mainly because of what he does at the catch point and his RAC skills. It's kind of an intangible/personal preference thing since he is, imo, so close to Jeudy. His game just looks nastier, more dominant to me. Everything I've read is that his route running is behind Jeudy's and I do think that matters. But he's a good route runner, and seems to have a very solid foundation to build from. 

2. D'Andre Swift - I am having a hard time getting fully on board with Swift as an elite prospect. I'm not sure why, as he has the skills and college production to justify a top ranking. I have him here because true 3-down backs are so valuable in ppr and he comes into the league with proven pass catching chops. So, I am ranking him here based on the idea that he is drafted to a team that will use him as a runner/receiver. If not, I might drop him down my list. 

3. Jerry Jeudy - In the end I may bump Jeudy over Swift at #2, and have him as essentially tied with Lamb in a 1a/1b ranking. He is a top technician and has elite movement skills. His 40 time probably won't be eye-popping but he plays really fast. He's had some big drops this year but that doesn't concern me too much as I think he has good hands. I also don't worry about the variations in his productivity this year, as Bama has so many elite WRs (at least one, and maybe two of his teammates, may go in rd 1).

4. Jonathan Taylor - I'm not going to overthink this one. I am generally lower on RBs who don't project as pass catchers in ppr. I know he has improved his receiving this season, but unlike Swift he doesn't come into the NFL with a reputation as a 3-down back so I'm less confident that he'll be drafted with 3-down work in mind. But, he has several years of proven, top production, and he has elite physical traits (it's behind a pay way at the Athletic, but Bruce Feldman profiles him in his 2019 Freaks List). If he goes to a team that decides to throw the ball to him (as happened with Melvin Gordon, for example) then he would justify a higher ranking, maybe jumping Swift. 

5. Laviska Shenault - He's had a down year production-wise but he's not exactly in an ideal situation. He's also had some durability issues. But he has elite physical skills and will likely represent good draft capital in round 1, especially post-combine.

6. JK Dobbins - Like Swift, I am drawn to the 3-down potential and I like his game. The tricky thing with this spot is that there are going to be several WRs who may go in round 1 and represent better draft capital, which is something I usually factor in (though I don't treat it as determinative). So, guys like Henry Ruggs III, Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor, could jump up here for me based on landing spot and draft capital.
Excellent list!

For some of us that play in big play scoring IDP leagues where QB sacks are 6 points apiece (defensive stars score the same as offensive stars) could Chase Young fit on your list?  If so where?

Colorado junior WR K.D. Nixon announced Tuesday that he will forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2020 NFL Draft.

Nixon (5'8/185) is the second Colorado wideout to turn pro, yet while Laviska Shenault's decision came as no surprise the same can't be said here. Nixon appeared in 11 games this season, catching 35 passes for 465 yards and three touchdowns. Also a contributor on special teams, Nixon returned 19 kickoffs for 374 yards this season. He was more productive as a pass-catcher in 2018, catching 52 passes for 636 yards and four touchdowns. Nixon's going to need a big pre-draft "season" in order to ensure that his name is called at some point in this spring's draft.

SOURCE: K.D. Nixon on Twitter

Dec 10, 2019, 1:00 PM ET

Boston College junior RB AJ Dillon will forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2020 NFL Draft, according to Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel.

Dillon (6'0/250) turning pro shouldn't come as a surprise, as Boston College will have a new head coach next season and he's been a workhorse for the last three years. The junior running back has also decided to sit out the Eagles' January 2 Birmingham Bowl matchup with Cincinnati. This season Dillon carried the ball 318 times, rushing for 1,685 yards and 14 touchdowns. He was also responsible for 13 receptions for 195 yards and a touchdown. Dillon's effectiveness as a pass-catcher was something that scouts pinpointed as an area in which he needed to improve ahead of the 2019 season, and given his role in the Boston College offense his performance in receiving drills during the pre-draft process will be key. Dillon was not ranked among the top ten draft-eligible backs by ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. in late November.

SOURCE: Yahoo Sports

Dec 10, 2019, 12:53 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread