What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2022 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Kenneth Walker III's Michigan State debut  was pretty eye opening. 264 yards and 4 TDs in the ground in his 1st game after transferring from Wake Forest.

Northwestern was a pretty solid defense last year, but they lost a lot of starters. So the competition level is not clear. Still, a name to watch in a weaker RB class. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenneth Walker III's Michigan State debut  was pretty eye opening. 264 yards and 4 TDs in the ground in his 1st game after transferring from Wake Forest.

Northwestern was a pretty solid defense last year, but they lost a lot of starters. So the competition level is not clear. Still, a name to watch in a weaker RB class. 
I saw a stat where Northwestern was dead last in returning starters.  Definitely a new team this year and looks like they might be vulnerable against the run.

I saw a stat where Northwestern was dead last in returning starters.  Definitely a new team this year and looks like they might be vulnerable against the run.
I saw that stat too. Even if they are a bad big ten run defense, Walker looks intriguing. I saw a guy with really good balance and vision,and decent long speed. 

1QB Dynasty team has been leaning on Mahomes with nothing else at the QB position.   I have enough pieces in place that it's time to start looking at a #2.  "Dur" and "avail" are highly coveted abilities, and obviously, the upside to actually become a trading chip in a 1QB league is what you shoot for.   I have a couple of mid to late projected 1sts coming in the 2022 rookie draft.

I'm thinking:

Plan A:  go strong after Lance or Fields if they have any rookie moments on their path to greatness that makes their current owner second-guess the pick just a little after the new car smell wears off.   Not counting on either of these coming to fruition.

Plan B:  Pretty much the same with Zach Wilson

Plan C   Retain the mid or late 1st at minimum.   Early target is Rattler.   Watch Howell and Slovis like a hawk.   Keep an eye on the others, but these are probably the 3 most likely  to be worthy of a mid-late 1st round selection in 1QB rookie draft at this point.

Anyone bullish enough on Rattler or anyone else that thinks I should be giving this a lot of thought as my Plan A?   I know it's very early to be projecting anything.

Pitt redshirt senior QB Kenny Pickett completed 23-of-31 passes for 382 yards, six touchdowns and one interception in Pitt's 44-41 loss to WMU

Pickett (6'3"/220) made his case to be playing on Sundays next year with a virtuoso performance despite the loss. Pickett was dropping dimes all day, with an great throws time and time again in every way possible. He spread the ball all over the field, showed touch at times and zip at others, and displayed mobility and the ability to throw on the run. Pickett started fast with a 67 yard bomb that hit Jordan Addison perfectly in stride in the first quarter and never really looked back, as he threw five more scores before the day was done. The one struggle Pickett had was ball security as he ended up with two fumbles and an interception. To be fair, one of those fumbles wasn't really on him, as it was a high snap that he rescued but it threw off the exchange to the RB and ended in a fumble. That shouldn't take away from one of the best passing displays of the season though. Pickett will try to continue his NFL audition next Saturday against New Hampshire. 

Sep 18, 2021, 6:18 PM ET

Tank Bigsby (RB, Auburn).....true Soph so still 2 yrs away from being eligible, but I'm impressed.  Any Auburn homers have opinions on NFL potential?

Tank Bigsby (RB, Auburn).....true Soph so still 2 yrs away from being eligible, but I'm impressed.  Any Auburn homers have opinions on NFL potential?

2 late projected 1sts in 2022.   2 1sts in 2023.   I plan on offering my late 1sts in 2022 for 2023 1sts to get as many shots at the 2023 RB class as possible.

Is Bigsby at the top of your wishlist or others more desireable in your eyes? 
Believe me, there are others in this thread who can give you a much better scouting report than me.   However, Bijan Robinson, Bigsby, and Gibbs look like the early prizes for 2023.   I think there's potential for more to get in there up and down the 1st.

I don't get the sense that the 2022 RB outlook is changing dramatically for the better, but maybe I'm mistaken.   Willing to defer in 2022 due to a strong WR core, but maybe some interesting RB prospects emerge in the late 1st.   They usually do.

Users who are viewing this thread