What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] DL #17 (1 Viewer)

DL #17

• Trent Cole

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Vandenbush

• Rod Coleman

• John Henderson

• Leonard Little

• Justin Smith

• Kevin Williams

• Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

• Orpheus Roye

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.Defensive ends and Defensive tackles are rolled together for this category.1. Julius Peppers2. Dwight Freeney3. Jason Taylor4. Osi Umenyiora5. Aaron Schobel6. Charles Grant7. Will Smith8t. John Abraham8t. Adewale Ogunleye10. Terrell Suggs11t. Robert Mathis11t. Michael Strahan13. Patrick Kerney14. Bert Berry15. Jared Allen16. Derrick BurgessWho's #17?(note: Simeon Rice*, Kampman, James Hall, Mario Williams®, Matthias Kiwanuka®, Kearse added soon)*Removed for a round for getting 0 votes.I'm close to the end of where I have a decent idea of which players to add next. Suggestions are encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is this is going to start flattening out a bit.The DL spot, more than any other, has a tremendous amount of flux after the top 15 or so. Everyone has their own pet guys they're high on and pimp.I'll pimp Trent Cole. He looked to be an excellent pash rush talent midseason. In the second half of the season, though, he had 31 solos and 5 sacks. That looks like the mark of a strong run defender as well. However, he had no sacks in the last 5 games.If he can put both together next season, he has the makings of a two way threat. He and Tony Hargrove (if they look to be starters) are going to be two guys I'm going to try to get cheaply this offseason.Vanden Bosch's slot probably depends on where he ends up in 2006.I have no idea what to say about Leonard Little. He probably should already be off the board. And he's had a more difficult life than I can possibly imagine in any number of ways. But in no way should that dude shouldn't be winning any awards for courage or sportsmanship.

I have no idea what to say about Leonard Little. He probably should already be off the board. And he's had a more difficult life than I can possibly imagine in any number of ways. But in no way should that dude shouldn't be winning any awards for courage or sportsmanship.
That last sentence got garbled a bit. Can you clarify? If you're going to praise Little, I would expect some backlash.

I have no idea what to say about Leonard Little. He probably should already be off the board. And he's had a more difficult life than I can possibly imagine in any number of ways. But in no way should that dude shouldn't be winning any awards for courage or sportsmanship.
That last sentence got garbled a bit. Can you clarify? If you're going to praise Little, I would expect some backlash.
I think he is saying Little should not have gotten the Ed Block award:Rams | Little wins Ed Block Courage Award

Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:14:06 -0800

St. Louis Rams DL Leonard Little has won the Ed Block Courage Award for his team. The award goes to a player on each NFL team who has displayed courage or sportsmanship.

I have no idea what to say about Leonard Little.  He probably should already be off the board.  And he's had a more difficult life than I can possibly imagine in any number of ways.  But in no way should that dude shouldn't be winning any awards for courage or sportsmanship.
Little won his team's Block Award for courage and sportsmanship. I'm saying that's a bloody farce, I don't care how rough his life has been this season.I have no idea why I threw those couple of irrelevant sentences in there, except that when I was looking through the numbers there was a note about that award and it pissed me off.

It was the should/shouldn't stuff that confused me. I agree that Little's a scumbag.

It was the should/shouldn't stuff that confused me. I agree that Little's a scumbag.
Yet, he puts up numbers easily justifying him as a top 20 dyntasty DL ..... and I am the only person willing to vote for him.

:bag:

It was the should/shouldn't stuff that confused me.  I agree that Little's a scumbag.
Yet, he puts up numbers easily justifying him as a top 20 dyntasty DL ..... and I am the only person willing to vote for him.

:bag:
I didn't realize how well he did in the last few games of the season... before those 13/8/9 point weeks, he was way lower on the list this season.Speaking of, who's Philip Daniels and was his closing three weeks with 35 points scored a fluke or something he might continue next season?

I think Alex Brown deserves some consideration at this point. He seems to start off every season slow, but he can put up some very big games and he's usually good down the stretch. Fast, athletic, young DL..

I voted Henderson here. His numbers have been remarkably consistent over the past 4 years. He should put up 50+ solos and 4 or 5 sacks every year. He'll turn 27 in January and should be just entering the prime of his career.

Speaking of, who's Philip Daniels and was his closing three weeks with 35 points scored a fluke or something he might continue next season?
DE, Washington Redskins.Washington's D as a whole stepped up the last three weeks. Daniels probably also benefited from Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salave'a being back and healthy the last few weeks.

I would doubt he keeps that pace for an entire season (11 total tackles, 6 sacks, 2 PDs, 1 FF, 1 FR in the last three weeks). It's possible he could improve on his season totals next year, but Washington may look to acquire a better pass rushing DE in the offseason (maybe their greatest defensive weakness). That may muddy Daniel's future a little.

The whole deal with Washington's defense this season was confusing. Last year and for the first half this year, they seemed to be a great run-stopping, great secondary defense - they seemed content to have their DEs primarily used to stop the run instead of requiring sacks from them... and it worked. They had a top-5 defense.Then in the second half, they couldn't stop the run any more but started generating a pass rush. Just really weird how a transformation like that happens mid-year. Personally, I think they were smarter to stick with their former model. Stop the running game against the teams in the NFC and they'd make the Super Bowl - I don't see any of the NFC playoff QBs beating a team with a good secondary if their running game is shut down.

Any suggestions on what to do with this three-way tie with only five votes each?
Just put them alphabetically as the next three? I agree you may not get many more votes, and you got to move the thing along ... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread