What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Initial Rookie Draft Top 10 Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Assani Fisher

Footballguy
Not even through 2 rounds yet, so this could easily change...

1. Bush NO

2. Addai Ind

3. Williams Car

4. White Tenn

5. Maroney NE

6. Leinart Ari

7. Davis SF

8. Young Tenn

9. Jackson NE

10. Holmes Pit

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate putting L.WHITE THAT HIGH > but i have to agree ..

i am looking at long term value ..

1.Maroney - might be the best RB this year in my opinon .. the only problem is . the guy cant block and he went to the one team that wants the RB to KNOW how to block - Dillion is out of gas !!!

2. Addai - always seemed to do everything for LSU .. he can block , catch , and run . and in a great situation ..

3. L.White - if the rumors of him are not true and he re-unites with CHOW .. he could easily be the next 25 carry guy .. much like RUDI JOHNSON

4.V.Young - 2 years away .. but if he develops and is not rushed . the guy could be the best fantasy QB in the league ..

5. LIENART - has to have players and talent around him . lucky he went to the best place possible for that .. it will HIDE his downside ...

6.V.Davis - if A.Smith learns how to play QB .. Davis could become a outlet fr Smith - but fantasy numbers ?... .big if

7. R.Bush - 10 carries and 5 rec a game .. doesnt excite me .. a more talented D.Hall .. move along

8. D.Williams - if he didnt have the amount of miles on him already he would bne ranked higher . .but he is still a home run hitter.. but he does have Foster to go against and SHELTON ....

9.Cutler - 2 years away - but for 2 QB leagues . .worth the stash

not even going to bother with the WR .. because they are all # 2 type guys . nothing more ..

I seriously feel Bush will turn into a D.Hall " situational " TYPE GUY >> who wont be able to run in the open in the nfl . HENCE WHY HE IS SO LOW ON MY LIST

I was seriously High on WHITE earlier but the recent drug test / work ethtic really comes into play and scares me ...

As of now, I would go something like:

Bush

Williams

Maroney

Addai

White

Leinart

Davis

Holmes

Jackson

Young

Hmmmm.....

1. Bush

2. Maroney

3. Addai

4. Vince Young

5. D. Williams

6. V. Davis

7. L. White

8. M. Leinart

9. S. Holmes

10. S. Moss

Not even through 2 rounds yet, so this could easily change...

1. Bush NO

2. Addai Ind

3. Williams Car

4. White Tenn

5. Maroney NE

6. Leinart Ari

7. Davis SF

8. Young Tenn

9. Jackson NE

10. Holmes Pit
:thumbup:

1. Addai Ind

2. Williams Car

3. Bush NO

4. Maroney NE

5. Leinart Ari

6. White Tenn

7. Davis SF

8. Young Tenn

9. Jackson NE

10. Holmes Pit

This Addai love seems similar to the JJ Arrington love of last year. Remember Edgerrin James is a STUD (hence why he was drafted so high), not because of the offensive line either. I think you all will see this year that he made those 4 yard carries out of NOTHING. Addai will struggle mightily, and the Colts offense will pass most of the time as they did in 2004.

My List:

1. Bush - going to New Orleans might actually be better than Houston. I doubt Deuce will be able to handle that many carries his first year back from knee surgery. Bush will get 10-15 carries and 5-10 catches every game.

2. Maroney - He won't get many TDs as Dillon will be the goalline guy, but he will rack up the yards both on the ground and through the air. Next year, he may be their every down back.

3a. Deangelo Williams

3b. Lendale White

3c. Joseph Addai

-All three of these guys will be in true RBBC situations. None will get more than half the team's RB touches. Their order will be interchangeable and may even be split by Vernon Davis.

6. Vernon Davis - Stud TE. Will be an outlet valve for Alex Smith.

7. Matt Leinart - Could start some games the second half of the season similar to Eli Manning in 2004. Once he takes over he has all the weapons to succeed.

8. Vince Young - starting next season, he should light the league on fire.

9. Chad Jackson - should start across from Deion Branch

10. Santonio Holmes - should start across from Hines Ward

Addai should be top 5 based on opportunity, but taking him over clearly more talented backs (Williams, Maroney) is risky imo.

Just my quick rough draft:

1. Bush

2. Williams

3. Maroney

4. Addai

5. White

6. Leinart

7. Davis

8. Young

9. Cutler

10. Moss

1. Bush

2. Addai (In Polian I trust)

3. D. Williams

4. Maroney

5. White

6. V. Davis

7. Leinart

8. AJ Hawk

9. Young

10. M. Williams

This Addai love seems similar to the JJ Arrington love of last year. Remember Edgerrin James is a STUD (hence why he was drafted so high), not because of the offensive line either. I think you all will see this year that he made those 4 yard carries out of NOTHING. Addai will struggle mightily, and the Colts offense will pass most of the time as they did in 2004.

My List:

1. Bush - going to New Orleans might actually be better than Houston. I doubt Deuce will be able to handle that many carries his first year back from knee surgery. Bush will get 10-15 carries and 5-10 catches every game.

2. Maroney - He won't get many TDs as Dillon will be the goalline guy, but he will rack up the yards both on the ground and through the air. Next year, he may be their every down back.

3a. Deangelo Williams

3b. Lendale White

3c. Joseph Addai

-All three of these guys will be in true RBBC situations. None will get more than half the team's RB touches. Their order will be interchangeable and may even be split by Vernon Davis.

6. Vernon Davis - Stud TE. Will be an outlet valve for Alex Smith.

7. Matt Leinart - Could start some games the second half of the season similar to Eli Manning in 2004. Once he takes over he has all the weapons to succeed.

8. Vince Young - starting next season, he should light the league on fire.

9. Chad Jackson - should start across from Deion Branch

10. Santonio Holmes - should start across from Hines Ward
Comparing Addai to Arrington is silly. Arizona has NEVER been a good rushing team, and was one-dimensional with a bad defence that played from behind. Colts have Peyton Manning and is a playoff team. Addai will easily out-produce Bush.Remember Colts: Edge over Ricky, Peyton over Leaf.

Addai should be top 5 based on opportunity, but taking him over clearly more talented backs (Williams, Maroney) is risky imo.
Who do you have #2 Bloom? Williams or Maroney
The post draft rookie 100 will be out later this week. Leaning towards Maroney right now.

1. Bush

2. Addai (will put up better #'s than Bush for a year or two)

3. Williams

4. Maroney

Remember Colts: Edge over Ricky, Peyton over Leaf.
Remember: Colts had the option between the players you listed. Addai was what was left for them to take.

I expect Maroney to be the #2 dynasty RB taken in most drafts.

Subbing in on 3rd down for Dillon for a year before getting the full gig himself is a good situation to be in.

Remember: Colts had the option between the players you listed. Addai was what was left for them to take.

Subbing in on 3rd down for Dillon for a year before getting the full gig himself is a good situation to be in.
:goodposting:

indy will be rhodes, mungro addai, is addai seriously a better blocker than how much of the system rhodes already knows?

The Colts were wanting Addai all the way. You could tell by the way they ran up there and called his name quickly. They could have traded up to get someone else fairly easily (look at all the trades so far) but chose Addai. He may split Week 1, but by week 8 it will be all his.

The Colts were wanting Addai all the way. You could tell by the way they ran up there and called his name quickly. They could have traded up to get someone else fairly easily (look at all the trades so far) but chose Addai. He may split Week 1, but by week 8 it will be all his.
And by 2008 he'll be on the bench again.

I take you you either hate Addai or hate anyone not named Bush.

Well... what other RB was left for them to take??Also-How do you know they didn't try and trade up? Maybe they didn't want to give a ton of picks up to move... teams clearly knew that Indy wanted an RB and may been asking king's ransom.

IMO, Addai is going to be drafted too high based on opportunity.

Just don't think he's that good. If it wasn't the Colts, he'd be an afterthought compared to the others.

Just don't think he's that good. If it wasn't the Colts, he'd be an afterthought compared to the others.
I agree. If you've seen him play, he's a great blocker and receiver, but his success has been based on outside speed. Doubt he'll be able to use this to his advantage in the same way in the NFL.

I just call it like I see it.I recently drafted Addai at 10.03 in a 14 team FBG survivor league (PDSL). I'm very happy to see Indy draft him. It helps my team a lot and adds intrigue to my rookie drafts.

That said, I won't hesistate to call anyone who passes on Bush for Addai a fool. I've seen both players play and there's no comparison.

That doesn't mean Addai won't be a good pro. He has nice physical skills and showed some promise at LSU, and you can't ever count out a first round pick. But you're kidding yourself if you think he's anywhere near the prospect that Bush is. He just flat out isn't. I suspect that anyone around the NFL would tell you as much.

There is no way a team that close to the Superbowl is going into the season with Rhodes, Addai and Mungro in their backfield, opinion. Somewhere between Monday and the summer the Colts front office will find a veteran to come in and compete.

That is not a direct knock against Addai but I cannot see a team that good hitching their wagons to that backfield for a Superbowl push.

1 Bush - Alone at the top

2 Williams - Fell farther than I expected but went to a good situation and team.

3 Maroney - Great team to go to even if he doesnt start right away.

4 Addai - Was drafted higher than his talent level warrents but a great situation none the less.

5 White - I think he's a career RBBC back but could have some good seasons.

6 Leinhart - Went to the best team in the league a QB could possibly go to.

7 Young - His extraordinary running ability is great for fantasy potential.

8 Davis - Lots of potential but I wouldnt get too hyped. Probably fantasy starter but unlikely to be the next Gonzalez or Gates.

9 Cutler - Denver has potential to produce a top fantasy QB. Cutler would have a lot to prove to become one.

10 C Jackson - Physically he looks a lot like a starting NFL receiver. Goes to a very good team with a need for a better starting receiver. The next Jerry Porter or the next Quincy Morgan? Probably something in between. New England trading up for him in the early second round is a positive sign that he'll get the chance to start.

11 Norwood - Goes to a better situation than Drew or Calhoun. Dunn is 31yo and Duckett is in the last year of his contract. Which means the starting job could be open to new competition in 2007. A project who needs at least a year of coaching and weight training before he's capable anyway. Does have the vision and instincts of a sleeper.

12 Drew - Jacksonville has a tradition of starting a big back. Drew could form a nice RBBC with a guy like Fred Taylor or Greg Jones.

13 Holmes - Should replace Randle El as the #3 receiver right away and should compete for a starting job in the near future. Chicago wanted him but Pittsburg payed heavily to move in front of them to snag him.

14 Cahoun - Could take over the third down role and/or backup job in Detroit.

15 Lewis - Jimmy Smith is on his last legs. I could see Lewis having some good numbers at TE until they improve their WRs.

Good situations a third round RB could land in include Denver, Jets, Atlanta, Giants, and Minnesota. Might have forgotten someone else also (Pittsburg duh!)

1 Bush - Alone at the top

2 Williams - Fell farther than I expected but went to a good situation and team.

3 Maroney - Great team to go to even if he doesnt start right away.

4 Addai - Was drafted higher than his talent level warrents but a great situation none the less.

5 White - I think he's a career RBBC back but could have some good seasons.

6 Leinhart - Went to the best team in the league a QB could possibly go to.

7 Young - His extraordinary running ability is great for fantasy potential.

8 Davis - Lots of potential but I wouldnt get too hyped. Probably fantasy starter but unlikely to be the next Gonzalez or Gates.

9 Cutler - Might yet drop another spot if a 3rd round RB lands in the right situation.

10 ? Undecided. I'm not sold on Drew but he could be a decent RBBC expectations back worthy at this point if nobody else lands in a better situation. Chad Jackson also worthy of consideration if no other RBs land right. Spot likely to go to one of the third round RBs yet to be picked.
Our lists are almost identical. I have Young and Davis flipped and have Moss in the 10 slot. Moss catching balls from Manning with Burress and Shockey gaining attention for the next several years sounds good. Of course, this assumes Sinorice is in Santana's class. Not sure if he is.

I am not straying too far from my initial rankings... That being said Addai is up my board pretty far from where he was. I just don't think he is that talented at all but he is a RB with a good opportunity so of course he makes the top 10 but I wouldn't take him high and my rankings reflect that.

1) Bush - He will be utilized by an offensive minded coach and a team/town/owner looking for a star.

2) Lendale White - Travis Henry isn't that talented, Chris Brown is constantly injured and for some reason I just like the idea of White and Vince Young propeling the Titans for quite some time.

3) Vince Young - The most talented QB in the draft. He will be under the tutiledge of a QB guru and will be given time to develop.

4) Laurence Maroney - How can you not like this back in the NE offense. My only fear is that BB won't rely on him next year as he typically does not with rookies.

5) Vernon Davis - Physical freak. Period.

6) Matt Leinhart - A solid talent put into Denny's system with those WR's... quite scary.

7) DeAngelo Williams - He drops down my board as the Panthers will most likely utlilize RBBC.

8) Santonio Holmes - The Steelers are letting Whisehunt build this offense around Roethlisberger. It is only a matter of time before they open it up more and Santonio is further proof of this.

9) Joseph Addai - Average in most skill area. Will be on a great team and given a chance to produce. I'm guessing RBBC or Rhodes beats him out.

10) Jay Cutler - Will be groomed for a year or two, which bodes well for a guy who is supposed to have all the tools. Not too mention they are putting tools around him already with Schffler and Walker.

11) Chad Jackson - Has the talent to be a no.1 WR and will be playing with one of the best in the game.

12) AJ Hawk - LB is extremly important in IDP leagues. Hawk will be a stud from the get go and I would love to get him in the second.

Mighty Mouse in Jacksonville. Don't know what to think about that.
They have a lot of RB's with limitations. It's turned into a fantasy mess, IMO
To me, the clearest result is solidifying Pearman as a true third down RB. Within a year or two I still see him as an Amp Lee type, getting 60+ receptions per season. No way they put Drew in a pass protect situation, and Taylor needs to be limited. Other than that, I see split carries between everyone, with Drew also getting time on returns.

Worthy of a bump and analysis.

1) Bush - Despite going to a place where Deuce will start and limit his carries, Bush is number one. He's a star. No, he's a superstar. His time will come and it will come soon.

2) Maroney - Dillon is 31 years old and missed time last year due to injury. When a 30+ year old RB starts missing time, it's not a good sign. With Brady and Belichick leading the way, this team and offense should remain successful. Maroney was my #2 RB from the get-go and does everything well.

3) White - Might be a surprise, but the team has already just about handed White 25+ carries per game. Sorry Chris Brown. Sorry Travis Henry. There's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Reggie Hammond...I mean LenDale White.

4) DeAngelo Williams - I think Williams is too talented to pass up, even over the Colts Addai pick. Foster is a stud, though, and if healthy, I actually like Foster more than Williams. But Williams is very talented.

5) Addai - Hard not to like any first round RB the Colts picked, even if it had been Mike Bell. Addai does everything well, including block and receive, two vastly underated qualities of a RB. And he's playing for the Colts. But he just didn't impress me a an NFL style RB at LSU. There is something lacking when I watched him play.

6) Leinart - Fitzgerald, Boldin, Edge. What's not to like? He could not be in a more ideal situation. Leinart, after losing millions due to this drop, should count his blessings he went where he did. They even drafted his friend Lutui. Leinart could be huge within a year or two.

7) Young - I don't think I've ever seen a better college QB. My biggest problems with Young remain that I doubt his abilities to understand an NFL playbook and read NFL defenses. But he has crazy abilities. He's done things I've never seen another QB do.

8) Vernon Davis - A freak. His arrival could mean that Alex Smith becomes a respectable QB. That's how good Davis will be.

9) Holmes - He could move right into a starting role on a Super Bowl team. He doesn't have great talent, but the situation dictates his value. Besides, things really thin out after eight picks.

10) Jackson - He never impressed me that much, but he went to the Patriots. Brady, Belichick...well you know the story. After losing Givens, Jackson immediately becomes a #2 or 3 guy on a great team.

This is a great (fantasy) draft for the top 8 picks. Some serious offensive studs. But it screeches to a halt shortly thereafter. WR depth is the worst since 1997. The guys left from here forward are mostly IDPs, with a sprinking of Cutler, Mercedes Lewis and maybe Greg Jennings or Jerious Norwood thrown in.

For this year....

1.DeAngelo Williams -People will wonder why he wasn't a top 5 pick, he's that good. 1400 yards 9-10 TD's

2.Joseph Addai -He will carry the load for Indy, Rhodes will remain the reserve, imo. 1000 yards 7-8 TD's

3.Reggie Bush -Sharing carries? I think he'll get 1000 yards, but won't be a big TD producer, Duece will get the GL carries (like White did at USC)...although in 3-4 years Bush may be right there with DeAngelo. 1100 yards 5 TD's

4.L.Maroney -He will get a good number of carries. 900 yards 6 TD's

5.L.White -700 yards, 7 TD's

6.B.Calhoun -600 yards, 5 TD's

7.C.Jackson -600 yards, 4 TD's

8.V.Davis -500 yards, 5 TD's

9.S.Holmes -500 yards, 3 TD's

10.Norwood -400 yards, 3 TD's

i really think L.White is being put in a situation to be a success

but the weight issues will be a problem every year .. which is scary

the next " IRON" head HAYWARD ?

Leinart could not have gone to a better place in terms of fantasy value. What QB has better talent? Boldin, Fitz, Edge, & they added Pope. I think the ability to dump the ball off to these playmakers negates his lack of arm strength. I would take Leinart 10 times out of 10 over Vince Young in dynasty.

Worthy of a bump and analysis.

1) Bush - Despite going to a place where Deuce will start and limit his carries, Bush is number one. He's a star. No, he's a superstar. His time will come and it will come soon.

2) Maroney - Dillon is 31 years old and missed time last year due to injury. When a 30+ year old RB starts missing time, it's not a good sign. With Brady and Belichick leading the way, this team and offense should remain successful. Maroney was my #2 RB from the get-go and does everything well.

3) White - Might be a surprise, but the team has already just about handed White 25+ carries per game. Sorry Chris Brown. Sorry Travis Henry. There's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Reggie Hammond...I mean LenDale White.

4) DeAngelo Williams - I think Williams is too talented to pass up, even over the Colts Addai pick. Foster is a stud, though, and if healthy, I actually like Foster more than Williams. But Williams is very talented.

5) Addai - Hard not to like any first round RB the Colts picked, even if it had been Mike Bell. Addai does everything well, including block and receive, two vastly underated qualities of a RB. And he's playing for the Colts. But he just didn't impress me a an NFL style RB at LSU. There is something lacking when I watched him play.

6) Leinart - Fitzgerald, Boldin, Edge. What's not to like? He could not be in a more ideal situation. Leinart, after losing millions due to this drop, should count his blessings he went where he did. They even drafted his friend Lutui. Leinart could be huge within a year or two.

7) Young - I don't think I've ever seen a better college QB. My biggest problems with Young remain that I doubt his abilities to understand an NFL playbook and read NFL defenses. But he has crazy abilities. He's done things I've never seen another QB do.

8) Vernon Davis - A freak. His arrival could mean that Alex Smith becomes a respectable QB. That's how good Davis will be.

9) Holmes - He could move right into a starting role on a Super Bowl team. He doesn't have great talent, but the situation dictates his value. Besides, things really thin out after eight picks.

10) Jackson - He never impressed me that much, but he went to the Patriots. Brady, Belichick...well you know the story. After losing Givens, Jackson immediately becomes a #2 or 3 guy on a great team.

This is a great (fantasy) draft for the top 8 picks. Some serious offensive studs. But it screeches to a halt shortly thereafter. WR depth is the worst since 1997. The guys left from here forward are mostly IDPs, with a sprinking of Cutler, Mercedes Lewis and maybe Greg Jennings or Jerious Norwood thrown in.
:goodposting: I agree almost pretty wholeheartedly here. Some observations:

3,4, & 5 are interchangable to me right now. All 3 guys have incumbent competition and questions surrounding them. I see Addai going pretty early in drafts just due to the fact he's going to Indy.

I really want to rank Maroney ahead of Bush now. The Pats is a great situation and he's got great talent too. Bush went to a worse situation than Houston I think. Duece got locked into an expensive contract a year ago, I think it's going to be hard for the Saints to cut or trade him so we may see a RBBC for the first few seasons just like Bush at USC. There's no denying Bush is an amazing talent, I just don't think you're gonna see a lot of fantasy production until Duece is gone.

Rhoads will be the #1 RB for Indy
I hope not, I don't think the Colts would have used a first round pick on a backup. It's not like Rhodes isn't a complete product of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread