What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty League Strategies for 1st Year? (1 Viewer)

NoCheese

turn or burn
Starting a new 12 team league, $200 cap, with a 4 year term limit and a 15% cap increase if you keep a player and you can keep up to 5.

This is so much different than my redraft leagues and I'd like to know given the above parameters, what do I need to be aware of?  Obviously, cheap talent is gold, bit what other things should I be aware of?  Thanks for your thoughts and expertise!

Last edited by a moderator:
The league you describe is a salary cap keeper not dynasty. To be technical about it.

As you already mentioned players with salary that are cheap and performing well are what you want.

If the salaries are based off of the auction, you should try to be aware of that. Maybe this means you don't want to overpay for a star player as much as you might in a redraft auction. Something to think about you when you are bidding top players up.

At the end of the year teams will likely keep their good performing bargains more than their top players. So some of the top players may be thrown back into the free agency pool next year or the year after when costs become too high.

The salary implications leads to some interesting trade possibilities that otherwise might not be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
A dynasty strategy would be different than this keeper with a cap. I am much more use to dynasty than I am a keeper with cap. With the 4 year cap, I would say that you shouldn't worry too much about age of the player unless they are about to enter the twilight of the career already. I would look for 5 core guys that are my elite guys that are mid or entering mid career so as to maximize their points and have them for the next 4 years. After that- just look for the best value regardless of age because you won't be keeping them anyways. 

Users who are viewing this thread