What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Overall Player Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who is the #8 player to have in a dynasty league.

• RB Lamont Jordan, OAK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB Rudi Johnson, CIN

• QB Peyton Manning, IND

• RB Reggie Bush, NCAA

• RB Edgerrin James, ARI

• RB Willis McGahee, BUF

• WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI

• WR Steve Smith, CAR

• WR Chad Johnson, CIN

• RB Tiki Barber, NYG

• Other

• Total voters

snorlax

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
As a continuation of the work OZ (and Tick) did in his positional dynasty polls, I am going to run a series of polls on overall player rankings in a dynasty league. This will allow us to see both how people's values of the players have changed in the last couple of months and how people value the players relative to each other across positions. I am going to attempt to get as many of these done before the NFL Draft as possible because player values will fluctuate wildly at that point, and I may just let OZ take over with a new series of position polls at that point. (I am also doing this before the Draft because some of us have fantasy drafts starting that day.) In order to make this most applicable to everyone, let's assume a standard lineup and scoring rules.

Standard fbg scoring rules:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pts per rushing/receiving TD

1 pt per 20 yards passing

4 pts per passing TD

-1 per INT

3 pts per FG

1 pt per XP

Lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE flex

1 K

1 D

I started this poll by including the top ten players in the staff rankings plus the consensus top rookie. I don't expect these polls to mirror the staff rankings, and there should be some interesting discussion as a result, but I will add the next players to the poll from the staff rankings if necessary. I would prefer to add players only after they have gotten a couple of other votes in the previous poll. Some of these players probably won't get any votes for now, but I'm not going to temporarily remove them as OZ did because I don't think the clutter among the poll choices will be an issue for now. Anyway, on to the rankings.

1. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

2. RB Larry Johnson, KC

3. RB Shaun Alexander, SEA

4. RB Clinton Portis, WAS

5. RB Steven Jackson, STL

6. (Tie) RB Cadillac Williams, TB

(Runoff) RB Ronnie Brown, MIA

Who is the #8 player to have in a dynasty league? If you vote other please list the player. If you think someone else should be added next round let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Lamont Jordan in a dynasty league, and there's not a player left on that list who I'd trade him for, straight up.

I believe this has to be Bush. His high-side is higher than anyone outside of the top 3 by a long-shot, and should be going into a great situation. I love Dom Davis, but he does not have the physical skills that Bush does. If Dom can consistently produce in this offense, which has had horrible line problems (but is improving), imagine what Reggie Bush will be able to do as this line starts to gel?

Bush. He should have went #5.
:lmao: I can't beleive this hype on Bush! Can't beleive he's even in the running for number 8! First of all he could never be a every down NFL ground it type of back! Second of all D.D. will still be the man in Houston. Bush will be a spread guy utilized much like Chris Perry vs Rudi and will post similar stats to what Chris Perry did as long as D.D is around and with Houston great offensive line? And the experts even tell you all this! Take Bush with your first pick please! More real studs left for me later to pick from! :thumbup:

Bush. He should have went #5.
:lmao: I can't beleive this hype on Bush! Can't beleive he's even in the running for number 8! First of all he could never be a every down NFL ground it type of back! Second of all D.D. will still be the man in Houston. Bush will be a spread guy utilized much like Chris Perry vs Rudi and will post similar stats to what Chris Perry did as long as D.D is around and with Houston great offensive line? And the experts even tell you all this! Take Bush with your first pick please! More real studs left for me later to pick from! :thumbup:
You are comparing Bush to Chris Perry? :lmao:

I am saying there is no way Bush is worthy of a first round pick in any draft of any type of keeper league! Of the list above I would take almost anyone before Bush. I am saying his stats could be compareable to Chris Perry's last year and he will be utilized in a similar way to Chris Perry. The guy is talented yes. But the guy is not the god everyone is makeing him out to be and his projected situation in Houston down grades him even more in any draft.

Jordon got my vote and is worthy of the next pick far greater then any rookie could ever be! It's about time for Manning to be picked too. But come on on Bush. No way is he a first round pick being a split back. Rudi is more valuable then Bush even at this point of time. I am even willing to bet D.D. is a more valuable RB then Bush for at least another year as long as he is healthy for 2006.

I would have to agree that there is way too much hype surrounding Bush, and I definitely would not take him #8 overall at this juncture. However, he has the most impressive physical tools of any back to come out in a long time. He has blazing speed and is an excellent receiver, and his vision and elusiveness are even more impressive. If the Texans take him #1 overall, they are expecting an immediate impact, and he will get a lot more touches than Perry did last year. I think it would be extremely dumb to take Bush #1, and not give him at least 25 touches per game (rushing and receiving). He will be used extensively, and has phenomenal talent, but there have also been other sure picks that have not been the player some projected. I just don't think you can pick a back this high that has never played a down in the NFL, regardless of potential.

I would be happy to accept the bet that you proposed. Bush's fantasy points vs Dom Davis's, if they are on the same team, without suffering major injury.

I think I'll put up both a runoff for this poll and the next poll. If anyone else needs to be added to the next poll let me know now.

I think I'll put up both a runoff for this poll and the next poll. If anyone else needs to be added to the next poll let me know now.
nobody you add will win many votes. But if you want to replace Bush and Jordan, go with Moss, Holt, Owens.One FBG ranked Brady over Manning, but other than that nobody has anyone over Peyton as the #1 QB.

One guy who is interesting is D'Angelo Williams who has a great chance IMO to land in Denver or Indy.

I am saying there is no way Bush is worthy of a first round pick in any draft of any type of keeper league! Of the list above I would take almost anyone before Bush. I am saying his stats could be compareable to Chris Perry's last year and he will be utilized in a similar way to Chris Perry. The guy is talented yes. But the guy is not the god everyone is makeing him out to be and his projected situation in Houston down grades him even more in any draft.

Jordon got my vote and is worthy of the next pick far greater then any rookie could ever be! It's about time for Manning to be picked too. But come on on Bush. No way is he a first round pick being a split back. Rudi is more valuable then Bush even at this point of time. I am even willing to bet D.D. is a more valuable RB then Bush for at least another year as long as he is healthy for 2006.
I think you are being too short sighted. This is a DYNASTY league. For a dynasty league, you most often take the most gifted players as opposed to the situation they are in. In 3 years down the line, do you honestly think DomDavis and Bush will be splitting carries? I highly doubt DomDavis will even be on the Texans at that point.The good players will play in the NFL, and Bush has graded out as one of the best RBs to come out of the draft in a long long time. So, although he may be splitting carries next year, that will not last, as they are going to want to get the ball in his hands as often as possible (i.e. LT).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saying there is no way Bush is worthy of a first round pick in any draft of any type of keeper league!  Of the list above I would take almost anyone before Bush.  I am saying his stats could be compareable to Chris Perry's last year and he will be utilized in a similar way to Chris Perry.  The guy is talented yes.  But the guy is not the god everyone is makeing him out to be and his projected situation in Houston down grades him even more in any draft. 

Jordon got my vote and is worthy of the next pick far greater then any rookie could ever be!  It's about time for Manning to be picked too.  But come on on Bush. No way is he a first round pick being a split back.  Rudi is more valuable then Bush even at this point of time.  I am even willing to bet D.D. is a more valuable RB then Bush for at least another year as long as he is healthy for 2006.
I think you are being too short sighted. This is a DYNASTY league. For a dynasty league, you most often take the most gifted players as opposed to the situation they are in. In 3 years down the line, do you honestly think DomDavis and Bush will be splitting carries? I highly doubt DomDavis will even be on the Texans at that point.The good players will play in the NFL, and Bush has graded out as one of the best RBs to come out of the draft in a long long time. So, although he may be splitting carries next year, that will not last, as they are going to want to get the ball in his hands as often as possible (i.e. LT).
I see alot of this in my dynasty leagues.I call it the redraft mentality.Alot of people just can't get past the present year when evaluating player's values going forward.This is especially true regarding rookies and 2nd year players.I agree in that Bush should and will be drafted anywhere from the 1.05-1.14 in most initial dynasty drafts this Spring/Summer.

I can't beleive this hype on Bush! Can't beleive he's even in the running for number 8! First of all he could never be a every down NFL ground it type of back!
Interesting that you know that he'll never be an every down NFL back when he has yet to play a single down in the NFL. As far as "grinding it out," Marshall Faulk wasn't a grind it out type RB and he was OK fantasy-wise.
Second of all D.D. will still be the man in Houston. Bush will be a spread guy utilized much like Chris Perry vs Rudi and will post similar stats to what Chris Perry did as long as D.D is around
So the Texans will draft Bush #1 overall, and then plant him on the bench behind Davis? Interesting opinion...
and with Houston great offensive line?
It has been good enough for Davis to put up pretty good stats.
And the experts even tell you all this!
Love a link to an expert agreeing with any of this at all...

Users who are viewing this thread