What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Devin Asiasi, Patriots (1 Viewer)

Not sure I want to hang on to Asiasi, but I guess I have to.  Bench space is so valuable.  I sure as hell won't hold on to both of them on one dynasty roster. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots TE Devin Asiasi will be inactive for Week 8 due to personal reasons.

Asiasi has been active in every game this year but has yet to record a target. His absence could put Ryan Izzo and Dalton Keene on the field for a few extra snaps but those all figure to be on running plays. No New England tight end is worth a look for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 1, 2020, 9:56 AM ET

Patriots placed TE Devin Asiasi on injured reserve. 

NESN's Doug Kyed reports Asiasi has "no known injury." He missed Week 8 for "personal reasons." The No. 91 overall pick of the draft drew some summer hype but has yet to draw a target this season. 

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter 

Nov 3, 2020, 5:40 PM ET

Patriots activated TE Devin Asiasi off injured reserve. 

Asiasi had no known injured before being placed on IR in early November. He's back on the team's active roster and TE Ryan Izzo is now on IR. No tight end in New England's run-heavy offense is going to provide fantasy value. Asiasi might be a savvy pickup in deeper tight end premium formats. He didn't have a target in the season's first five games. 

RELATED: 

Ryan Izzo

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter 

Dec 10, 2020, 5:01 PM ET

Devin Asiasi caught 2-of-3 targets for 39 yards and one score in New England's Week 17 win over the Jets.

He registered his first career catch and touchdown in the same game in Week 17. He also dropped a pass from Cam Newton, but overall closed the year on a high, scoring the first (and only) touchdown by a Patriots tight end. Ryan Izzo is under contract for 2021, but Asiasi has a chance to open next season as a receiving threat from 12 personnel. He remains a tremendous dynasty flier.

Jan 4, 2021, 1:13 AM ET

Patriots signing Chargers TE Hunter Henry to 3-year deal, per report

The Pats and Chargers tight end Hunter Henry have agreed to a 3-year deal worth up to $37.5 million, including $25 million in guarantees, according to ESPN. Henry’s addition gives the Patriots the top two tight ends available on the free agency market. Henry caught 60 passes for 613 yards and four touchdowns last season in Los Angeles. 

Henry and Jonnu Smith now form the top tight end duo in the NFL. Both are regarded as above-average receiving threats and at least average blockers. 

This was Bill Belichick on Henry last December before the Pats played at the Chargers: “Henry continues to be a complete and very, very good football player for them. Henry’s really been a great player. I’ve watched him pretty much his whole career. He started at Pulaski Academy down in Little Rock … went to the Chargers and with (Virgil) Green out, he’s really played the Y role this year and showed good ability to block, catch. 

“He runs a variety of routes. He’s come back off the injury and has been a very, very productive player for them, along with all their other good skill players. But, he’s done a good job for them in a running game, as well as the passing game.”

An easy drop for me now in the one league where I had Devin Asiasi stashed.
I heard not so good things about Asiasi and Keene throughout last year. Some beat folks speculated NE saw them as wasted picks with little chance of doing anything in the NFL. Better stated, at least not for NE. Apparently they couldn't or wouldn't do what they wanted of them (and didn't have the greatest work ethic). We'll see how long they stick around on NE, but even without Smith and Henry coming to town, Asiasi likely would have been a fantasy dud (even as a stash).

I heard not so good things about Asiasi and Keene throughout last year. Some beat folks speculated NE saw them as wasted picks with little chance of doing anything in the NFL. Better stated, at least not for NE. Apparently they couldn't or wouldn't do what they wanted of them (and didn't have the greatest work ethic). We'll see how long they stick around on NE, but even without Smith and Henry coming to town, Asiasi likely would have been a fantasy dud (even as a stash).
think about that a moment.  The waste draft capital on the two TEs and worse, N Harry.  But, the two TEs they've signed the last couple of days were big signings for their team.

The waste draft capital on the two TEs and worse
I'm not trying to knock Bellichick but just think about how most teams would be getting hammered today for throwing that money at two TE's after they just spend two solid draft picks on the position? Everyone keeps thinking Bill has a plan but when have his plans gone right on offense?

I would at least try to get a 3rd or 4th for him first.
He's on the waiver wire in 4 of my 6 leagues and that is before the recent news.  I doubt many would offer a 4th in this deep WR draft.  Someone might take a chance on Hunter Long in the 4th over Asiasi.  No one would give a 3rd for sure, even im a TE premium league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would at least try to get a 3rd or 4th for him first.
In this particular league the rookie draft is only 2 rounds and the roster size is a maximum of 25 players, so unfortunately dropping him will be my only option. Last year Devin Asiasi was not picked up in our rookie draft, so I snagged him in our regular player auction for $1 as my ‘stash & develop’ prospect.

Users who are viewing this thread