What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Rookie #9 run off (1 Viewer)

Who is the #9 rookie?

• Joseph Addai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vernon Davis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Davis.

At WORST, he will be top 8-12 fantasy TE. he's got the tools to be in the elite tier.

Addai is a nice prospect, but Davis is money in the bank.

Maybe im biased because so many leagues i play in have TE premium scoring.

Davis, as bloom said his downside is a decent starting TE, his upside is teir 1.

Addai will be fortunate if he ever gets a shot at a starting gig.

Of course this is assuming a TE required league.

Davis, as bloom said his downside is a decent starting TE, his upside is teir 1.

Addai will be fortunate if he ever gets a shot at a starting gig.

Of course this is assuming a TE required league.
TE required or not- if this guy has a skill set similar to Shockey or Tony G- he is still definitely valuable (especially in a PPR). I happen to like Addai more than most.. I think he is a nice versatile back.

TE required or not- if this guy has a skill set similar to Shockey or Tony G- he is still definitely valuable (especially in a PPR).
Ben Watson's freakish athletic ability in Alge Crumpler's frame, that's Davis.

Where's the Love for Jay Cutler ??

QB Leagues for 6 points per TD, may prefer a QB than a tight end...

Edited to add: I voted Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
TE required or not- if this guy has a skill set similar to Shockey or Tony G- he is still definitely valuable (especially in a PPR). 
Ben Watson's freakish athletic ability in Alge Crumpler's frame, that's Davis.
I need to watch some tape on this kid...Definitely added to my list in all my non-TE required leagues...

From today's Washington Post:

Davis has been in the Phoenix area since Christmas, training for the combine and Maryland's pro day for scouts. He said his goals are to run a 4.3-second 40-yard dash, perform a vertical leap of at least 40 inches and do at least 30 lifts of a 225-pound weight bar when he gets his chance in front of the scouts. Those would be impressive feats indeed for a player listed at 6 feet 3 and 253 pounds, and would give Davis the sort of boost in his pre-draft status that Merriman got after his workouts last year.

Davis and Merriman remained in touch last fall after pushing one another with regular competitions on the practice field and in the weight room at Maryland. Asked which of the two prevailed more often, Davis said, "You're talking to him."

Said Rychleski: "Shawne would win some. But Vernon won quite a bit himself. . . . In the weight room, I'm taking Vernon."

Davis can only hope the rest of the pre-draft process is as kind to him as it was to Merriman.

"He's special," Rychleski said. "Whoever gets him is going to get a guy who's probably going to play 10 or 15 years in that league at a very high level."

Users who are viewing this thread