What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Rookie #9 (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie #9?

• Joseph Addai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay Cutler

• Vernon Davis

• Maurice Drew

• AJ Hawk

• Chad Jackson

• Sinorice Moss

• Other

• Total voters
Went Cutler. As a non-IDPer, I see a big dropoff at the other positions. Cutler is the only one that is definitely the top at his position.

Went Davis as a great TE prospect in a TE required lineup will be very handy instead of starting a D Jolley or M Pollard.

I nominate Jerome Harrison and Jerious Norwood for the next "ballot".
That's fine, but "other" wasn't drawing many votes the past few polls.
Didn't vote "other" because there were players I had ranked higher already listed.I just think a couple more names could be added as choices. Just my 2 cents.

I nominate Jerome Harrison and Jerious Norwood for the next "ballot".
That's fine, but "other" wasn't drawing many votes the past few polls.
Didn't vote "other" because there were players I had ranked higher already listed.I just think a couple more names could be added as choices. Just my 2 cents.
No problem. I can add some more.

i think at this pt you should take the defensive players off completely.

i'm not an idp player but i think with idp's and non idp's voting, it will be tough for a defensive player to be chosen in this format, therefore causing defensive players to be ranked lower than they would be in an idp league.

therefore this won't be much of a help to either format.

just my 2cents.

Addai is a RB and a good prospect. He should be drafted ahead of a TE considered by some to be similar to Ben Watson. At this point in the draft, I wouldn't take a TE with a decent RB prospect on the board.

i'm not an idp player but i think with idp's and non idp's voting, it will be tough for a defensive player to be chosen in this format, therefore causing defensive players to be ranked lower than they would be in an idp league.

just my 2cents.
:goodposting:

Addai is a RB and a good prospect. He should be drafted ahead of a TE considered by some to be similar to Ben Watson. At this point in the draft, I wouldn't take a TE with a decent RB prospect on the board.
So you are saying it is better to get a RB who might pan out versus a TE who has a lot of skills and who would do well in a good passing situation.

just my 2cents.
I don't play IDP myself, but I included them because they were requested. I do think they can be included without the rankings being skewed. Whatever the majority wants is what we can do with this. IDP or no IDP?

So you are saying it is better to get a RB who might pan out versus a TE who has a lot of skills and who would do well in a good passing situation.
Considering the relative ease in getting a quality TE vs. a quality RB, I'd be more inclined to gamble more on the RB.For example, if I was "on the clock" with Addai on the board and the #1 TE, I'd go Addai and grab a Top 10 TE prospect later in the draft.

RBs present higher upside than TEs.

just my 2cents.
I don't play IDP myself, but I included them because they were requested. I do think they can be included without the rankings being skewed. Whatever the majority wants is what we can do with this. IDP or no IDP?
No IDP

Include IDP.

Seriously, I would be curious as to how many non-IDP dynasty leagues there are these days.

Include IDP.

Seriously, I would be curious as to how many non-IDP dynasty leagues there are these days.
As someone who plays in both...Non IDPs even in dynasty still outnumber IDP by quite a bit. In redrafts it is not even worth discussion.

Include IDP.

just a guess, with all leagues, 85% non-IDP, 15% IDP. I think this is even generous to the IDPers.

just my 2cents.

There will be no IDP from this point. I don't play IDP, so maybe someone else would be interested in running polls on the IDP forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread