What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rookie Draft - What's the Next Pick? (1 Viewer)

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
Who is my next pick at 2.12?

Wow! Wow! Wow! Juju and Curtis Samuel and Chris Godwin have dropped MUCH farther than experts' rookie rankings. This draft is filled with interesting picks. Our league players tend to place high value on RBs and QBs.  

I already have 6 ( sixburgh? Lol) Steelers on my 25 player roster!!! or I'd be on JuJu like white on rice. 

The issue with the 3 wr's above is the seemingly long path to fantasy relevancy.  It has to be the reason they are falling. Also has to do with lineup requirements that has us only starting 2 wide receivers.

I am thinking JuJu or Chris Godwin or Kizer.

Here is my roster. Limit is 25.

Roethlisberger, Carr, Prescott, Goff, Savage

Le'Veon Bell, Freeman, Fournette, Ware, Sims, Deandre Washington, James Conner, Dion Lewis, Devontae Booker

Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, Eli Rogers, Breshad Perriman, Leonta Carroo,Funchuss, John Ross 

Kelce, Higbee, Maxx Williams

No kicker

Broncos, Steelers

12 team ppr.  q,r,r,w,w,f,t,d/st,k

1. Iron City (from trade with Mad Dog) - Leonard Fournette 
2. The Corporation - Christian McCaffrey 
3. Midnight Express - Corey Davis 
4. You Kaepernick the Future - Joe Mixon 
5. Drugs and drug tests - Dalvin Cook 
6. Shadytime - Kareem Hunt 
7. Oracle - Samaje Perine 
8. VA Raiders - Mike Williams 
9. Titans - Jamaal Williams 
10. Fin Nasty - O.J. Howard 
11. Warrior Nation -Alvin Kamara 
12. Iron City - John Ross 

2.1 Mad Dog - Marlon Mack 
2.2 The Corporation - Deshaun Watson 
2.3 Midnight Express - Mitch Trubisky 
2.4 You Kaepernick the Future - Zay Jones 
2.5 Drugs and Drug Tests - Evan Engram 
2.6 Shadytime - Joe Williams 
2.7 Oracle - David Njoku 
2.8 Iron City (trade with VA Raiders) James Conner 
2.9 Titans - D'Onta Foreman 
2.10 Fin Nasty - Cooper Kupp
2.11 Warrior Nation - Patrick Mahomes
2.12 Iron City

I wouldn't worry about having too many players on one team.  If you think juju is the best player take him.  

Your team is absolutely stacked for a 12 team league.  

Trade the pick. You're at your roster limit already and still have to roster a kicker. It's better to trade and get something than have to cut a guy. I'd try to package Ben, Ware and the 2.12. I'm not sure what you'd get in return but based on your league loving QBs and RBs it should be someone decent. People are down on WRs try to pick up Hilton or Thomas.

If you decide to make the pick, always take whoever you think is the best. Rookie drafts are a crap shoot. Take the person you feel has the highest chance of success and deal with sorting it out later. 

If you don't trade the pick, I'd go Curtis Samuel here, you have time to see the project out.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I got no takers on trying to trade the pick. I actually went with Chris Godwin. 

Tough choices. Godwin was lowest ranked of the three amongst the experts consensus rankings. I always am leery going against the grain. Only time will tell if I made the right decision. 

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread