What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty rookie rankings in 2QB leagues (1 Viewer)

The_Head_Ape

Footballguy
Topics involving "Start 2 QB" leagues seem to be rare...

I am curious about the SP's thoughts about rookie rankings in 2QB leagues.

For reference, I am seeing 1QB rankings such as...

1. Ingram

2. Green

3. Jones

4. Thomas

5. Williams

6. Leshoure

7. Little

8. Torrey Smith

9. Vereen

10. Young

11. Baldwin

12. Cobb

13. Vincent Brown

14. Alex Green

15. Hankerson

16. Pettis

17. Demarco Murray

18. Cam Newton

19. Locker

20. Kyle Rudolph

22. Stevan Ridley

22. Lance Kendricks

23. Blaine Gabbert

24. Christian Ponder

Where do Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, KK, Dalton, Mallett, etc. wind up in 2QB leagues?

In my league it will probably go something like this:

Cam

Locker/Gabbert

Gabbert/Locker

Green

Ingram

Ponder

Jones

Dalton

Leshore

After that I really dont know. Haven't had much time to study this class.

Maybe

Young

Thomas

Mallet

I don't think you can really overstate the value of top QBs in 2-QB dynasties. If you can pair someone like Brees with Rivers, and have a consistent but 2nd and 3rd tier supporting cast, you can annihilate teams with a Peyton-Sanchez type combo.

We're conditioned to devalue QBs based on the 12-qb system, which obviates the need for spending high picks because the ww has good value. But when you start 2 and can hoarde, and fheyre are 12 teams, the position gets scarce quick. Having two great QBs and a above average backup, you're rock solid. And they last far longer than any other position, so not only do they deliver optimum early returns, they deliver greater long-term yields as well. The tough thing is they are the toughest skill position to project. I can't scout QBs for poop. Called matt schaub and cutler but that's about it. And cutler remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my league it will probably go something like this:CamLocker/GabbertGabbert/LockerGreenIngramPonderJonesDaltonLeshoreAfter that I really dont know. Haven't had much time to study this class.
I agree with you except that Dalton in my opinion goes ahead of Ponder.

Yeah really I think this year qb goes on opinion. Even the #1 pick seems to have a 50-50 split on bust

great topic ..

something that 2 QB league owners know is that our " rookie " drafts always look very different from a standard 1 QB league

my 12 team / 2 Qb / 2 rb / 4 wr / 1 te PPR league

we will see 5 to 6 QB's go in the first round

Without doing a full ranking, I will be surpised if a QB went before 1.05 in my 10 team leagues. I would expect that the 2nd round of our draft will QB intensive. Despite where the NFL drafted these guys there just isn't the positive buzz to force owner into thinking any of them are instant contributors like Bradford.

many people will read this post and think its a crazy post ( multiple Qb's taken in the first round of the rookie draft ) but with 2 Qb leagues its the NORM not the exception

many people will read this post and think its a crazy post ( multiple Qb's taken in the first round of the rookie draft ) but with 2 Qb leagues its the NORM not the exception
Yea, and our league is 2QB, 6pt. for QB touchdown, and no-PPR. So yea, Tebow went in mid-first last year!

If I have the #1 pick and need a franchise QB in 2QB dynasty, I trade it out, because Newton scares me. So do the rest of them actually. Trade down and get one of the WR's. This is not the draft to stock up on QB.

here's how I see the top 12 shaking out in my 2QB league:

1. Ingram

2. Green

3. Jones

4. Thomas

5. Newton

6. Locker

7. Gabbert

8. LeShoure

9. Williams

10. Dalton

11. Baldwin

12. Little

but every year it's totally different that I am thinking so :boxing:

Our draft is a little more than a month away, but I expect:

Newton

Ingram

Gabbert

Green

Jones

Locker

LeShoure

Thomas

Williams

Dalton

Ponder

Little

In our 2QB league, people will hoard and then dangle QBs to the highest bidding QB-starved team.

Without doing a full ranking, I will be surpised if a QB went before 1.05 in my 10 team leagues. I would expect that the 2nd round of our draft will QB intensive. Despite where the NFL drafted these guys there just isn't the positive buzz to force owner into thinking any of them are instant contributors like Bradford.
I will be in 3 @QB 10 team drafts This is the first onehttp://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=33144&O=17

First 12 picks in League A:

Newton

Ingram

Green

Gabbert

Jones

Kaepernick

Williams

Ponder

Locker

Dalton

Thomas