What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY: Value of Rookie Pick 1.01 (1 Viewer)

QBs & TEs that you would trade for 1.01:

• QB - Drew Brees, NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB - Peyton Manning, IND

• QB - Jay Cutler, DEN

• QB - Tony Romo, DAL

• QB - Tom Brady, NE

• QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB

• QB - Philip Rivers, SD

• QB - Matt Ryan, ATL

• QB - Donovan McNabb, PHI

• QB - Eli Manning, NYG

• QB - Ben Rothlisberger, PIT

• NONE OF THE ABOVE (or below)

• TE - Antonio Gates, SD

• TE - Kellen Winslow, CLE

• TE - Jason Witten, DAL

• Total voters

Kleck

Footballguy
This is the second poll to the Dynasty: Value of Rookie Pick 1.01 series. In this poll you are trading the PLAYER for 2009 Dynasty Rookie Pick 1.01.

Multiple choice, pick as many as you like. FBG Scoring.

The following players were chosen based on the average FBGs Dynasty Rankings (past 35 days). Some of these option will probably receive quite a few votes, but I'd rather have too many options than not enough.

Because of needing a NONE OF THE ABOVE option in each part I had to remove a RB. That RB was Willie Parker. If you would not trade Willie Parker for rookie pick 1.01, please post it here. If there is any other player you feel is worthy of rookie pick 1.01 and is not listed, please also post it here.

The other poll in this series can be found here, Dynasty: Value of Rookie Pick 1.01, where you have (or assume to have) rookie pick 1.01 and are trading it for a player.

After a couple of weeks I'll gather the poll results and make a thread with them, along with any trade offers people have received, made, accepted or declined. If anyone has made or received an offer for 1.01 please post it here if you haven't posted it in the other thread. I'll go through the polls and other threads and try to find as many as I can.

With so many different dynasty strategies, scoring systems, roster requirements, etc., there will definitely be a lot of flaws. It might just end up being a waste of time, but so be it. It's worth a shot, and I always find a few hours a day to waste anyway. There are a lot of clever minds here. I'm sure someone will be able to find a trend or analyze the outcome. And if there is something that can be used or helpful, maybe give this another go after the combine and possibly again after the NFL draft.

This series of polls will include:

Part 1, Poll 1 - Trading 1.01 for a Player

Part 1, Poll 2 - Trading a Player for 1.01

Actual trade offers received/made related to 1.01 (separated by accepted or declined) that I search these threads and others for.

A "Results" thread combining all the data and trades for people to analyze and see if there can be anything useful pulled from it.

*also thinking of adding a 1.01 for other/multiple picks poll*

If anyone has any other suggestions please post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I just messed up. I miss read the request and voted who I would trade 1.01 for...hence almost all of them...sorry for messing up the poll...

Wow, I just messed up. I miss read the request and voted who I would trade 1.01 for...hence almost all of them...sorry for messing up the poll...
If enough people vote it shouldn't matter. There will always be some mistakes/errors and a few jokers. No big deal.

WR's are the base of any successful dynasty team IMO, especially in PPR, but even in non-ppr the top WR's are far more consistent and can be at the top for 10+ years, RB's can't. But this year is very weak at RB, so i'd take many young RB's over the 1.1.

So basically RB's are WAY over-valued in dynasty leagues.

that said here are the guys i value over the 1.1 in dynasty drafts.

QB's

I don't think i'd trade the 1.1 for any QB, maybe Brees or Manning, but it would all depend on my teams makeup

RB's

AD

MJD

Chris Johnson

Steven Jackson

Matt Forte

Marshawn Lynch

Possibly Deangelo williams or Jonathan Stewart

Maybe McFadden

WR's

Larry Fitz

Calvin Johnson

AJ

Maybe Roddy white, jennings, Bowe but i like Crabtree more in 2010 and beyond so probably not.

So 9 guys for sure over the 1.1 and another 6 or so that would be tough decisions.

In an initial dynasty draft i'd probably take the first 2009 rookie at around pick 10-15.

also i didn't bother voting, what a complete cluster#### of a poll.
Any suggestions to make it better? Is the wording of the poll title confusing?I understand that there are flaws with these polls, and it might just be a waste of time.

The polls are straight forward enough, but when comparing WRs or QB to the 1.01, it's VERY league dependent.

In one of mine, there is NO chance of getting Fitz for the 1.01, but in another, that deal would be jumped on as RBs are too valuable.

Then again, if you're going to draft Crabtree, it isn't too difficult to evaluate WR for the pick.

A 2 QB league, I don't think I trade any QB listed for the pick.

Even though scoring systems vary, it still gives us an idea of relative value within a position. For instance, I'm surprised at the numbers for Bush vs Addai and R.Brown.

I think in polls like this, people should assume a pretty standard league with normal starting reqs and scoring reqs.

Otherwise, there's not really much point to this forum when someone starts a thread comparing players and I base my opinions on some obscure rule in my league like saying I'd take Reggie Bush over Michael Turner because my league rewards teams for games missed for injury by a player (it doesn't, obviously, but you get the point).

One thing that I'm sure will fall out of this, that has nothing to do with the poll itself :bowtie: , is that I bet their is an 'inertia' to favoring your own possessions. From the perspective of having the pick, I was less willing to trade it than. In particular I found about 4 situations where I wouldn't do the trade from either direction. And not because I necessarily find them a wash in value either, just that when initially posed with the concept I went with the 'safe' decision of non action or self favoritism. If it seemed gray area I talked myself into keeping whichever was already mine. Weird.

For me, it's too hard to evaluate in a vacuum. Is my team in win-now mode for 2009? Am I in the midst of a couple-year rebuild? What's my RB/WR/TE/QB depth if I trade away a top player at that position? Depending on those, I could say yes or no to a number of different options.

Good stuff.

Might be easier to see which players people would take in an initial dynasty draft before they took their first rookie?

Lots of good points made. I'm in multiple dynasty leagues and I know my answers would be different for each league. Trying to answer dynasty polls and questions from more of a general value standpoint can be difficult since it's hard not to base it on team and league variables.

Users who are viewing this thread