What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early DB Rankings (1 Viewer)

We hear Bucs free-agent signee Eugene Wilson impressed coaches in this week’s first round of OTAs so much that he’s being considered for the starting job at left cornerback. Last year’s starter Phillip Buchanon was largely considered a favorite to keep his spot, but Wilson, who was a backup safety for the Patriots last season, is putting up a fight.
NawrockiPossible sleeper as a starting CB in the TB C2?
Anybody have any opinion if Eugene could be a possible sleeper as TBs CB2? I don't see Phil Buchannon as a tough guy to beat out.
I was thinking the same - but when he was CB in New England - he never really impressed me much - but they had more talent too.

We hear Bucs free-agent signee Eugene Wilson impressed coaches in this week’s first round of OTAs so much that he’s being considered for the starting job at left cornerback. Last year’s starter Phillip Buchanon was largely considered a favorite to keep his spot, but Wilson, who was a backup safety for the Patriots last season, is putting up a fight.
NawrockiPossible sleeper as a starting CB in the TB C2?
Anybody have any opinion if Eugene could be a possible sleeper as TBs CB2? I don't see Phil Buchannon as a tough guy to beat out.
I was thinking the same - but when he was CB in New England - he never really impressed me much - but they had more talent too.
Depends on what you mean by sleeper. He should be able to hit 60+ solos, but it's hard to say whether his ball skills are solid enough to bump him into that DB2 range. He had back-to-back seasons of four interceptions earlier in his career, but has been only so-so, either due to injury or shaky play. Worth a flier in deep rosters, but likely only as a watch list candidate in shallower leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jene, with Archuleta gone, will Brandon McGowan move into the rankings for you? Only Baker, Bloom and Norton have him ranked as of now.

edited for bad spelling, grammar. Was in a hurry and on my way out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jene, Archleta gone, will Brandon McGowan move into the rankings for you? Only Baker, Bloom and Norton have him ranked as of now.
Thought I had him on my master list, so he's likely just outside the top 60. I just don't trust the Bears to leave him in a big role. Mike Brown remains an injury waiting to happen, though, so I probably should move him up some.

I like the prospect of Bodden in Detroit, but how it will work out is another fool's errand.

I like the prospect of Bodden in Detroit, but how it will work out is another fool's errand.
A physical CB who is a good tackler, playing in the Tampa-2 for a team whose defense will probably be on the field a lot should have a ton of tackles. He arguably could be a top 10 DB.

Rhodes right at home: The Texans added one of the most renowned coaches in the NFL this offseason by hiring assistant defensive backs coach Ray Rhodes, a former head coach for the Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers.

"I thought being robbed was going to be a challenge, but tearing that knee up and having to deal with that every day for going on six months now, that’s an even bigger challenge." - cornerback Dunta RobinsonHis arrival from the Seattle Seahawks already is paying dividends on the field and in the meeting room.

“Coaching-wise, he’s giving me little tips here and there,” cornerback Fred Bennett said. “When I mess up, he pulls me off and he talks to me and he lets me know, ‘Hey, we’re going to take your game to another level,’ and I’m ready to accept that.”

Bennett’s teammates also value Rhodes’ input.

“Yes, everybody’s just buying in to what he’s talking about, him and (defensive backs) coach (Jon) Hoke back there,” Bennett said. “Two great DB coaches. When you have two great DB coaches and both of them are spitting their knowledge at you, you don’t have anything to do but get better.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=4312

Users who are viewing this thread