What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Easter Menu (1 Viewer)

Niiice. We did blueberry lemon pound cake for lunch.  :porked:
I hear you. We had donuts for breakfast and I am on my 3rd cocktail- we will probably have wine with dinner. It's Easter, what heck.  I may not believe in the Resurrection but I believe in having a good time with your loved ones while the times are to be had. 

Had biscuits eggs and bacon for breakfast

For dinner, I'm  making ultimate chicken fried steak (pounded out and breaded prime ribeyes, panfried in clarified butter)

Smashed new potatoes

Pan cream gravy

Mustard greens slow cooked with Elgin sausage (local smoked beef sausage)
mmm mmmm

don't celebrate Easter, but me 95yo Ma loves it - i'm making pork loin, apple relish, scalloped potatoes, maple carrots, brownie parfait for 3. gotta spoil her now that she can only go to church on TV
as do most 90+yos, me Ma eats like Scrooge counting money - with an urgent, joyless, choking avarice. the extra Kerrygold in the scalloped potatoes made her close her eyes reverentially for a moment, but the brownie parfait - megacrumbles, two ice creams, a raspberry jam & maple caramel both sourced from family members - brought the child into those cloudy eyes. rejoice!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and 2 kids. Had a small spiral cut ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus pan cooked in bacon, onion and garlic, and fresh pineapple.  

Had a Zoom call with a co-worker and her husband who owns a restaurant along with a few of our close customers. Made lamb chops on the grill that were fantastic. Also made some red potatoes and green beans with onion/bacon and a ham. 

I'm full and nicely buzzed as I paired it with some Bell's Two Hearted All and a bottle of some good Italian Merlot. Can't remember the name, just that it was good. 

Had biscuits eggs and bacon for breakfast

For dinner, I'm  making ultimate chicken fried steak (pounded out and breaded prime ribeyes, panfried in clarified butter)

Smashed new potatoes

Pan cream gravy

Mustard greens slow cooked with Elgin sausage (local smoked beef sausage)
You win Easter.  The hot guts puts it over the top.

Went half lazy this year: 

Used a $50 Honeybaked ham gift card to buy a roasted turkey Friday and warmed it up for the main course. 

Roasted Asparagus + Hot honey glazed carrots + mashed potatoes + gravy + bread + French Silk Pie from Perkins via Door Dash.

Plan was to head out to Fresh market for pie and bread but weather was too bad so we improvised. 

Then broke down the carcass (GF loves turkey sandwiches), and boiled to make scratch stock for the first time. Built it up with some aging carrots/celery/onion and a bag of egg noodles I had tucked away in the pantry.

Not gonna lie... it's awesome. Will do this with a turkey carcass every time now. 

Taking inventory for Easter dinner. Got a sourdough starter going, so a big loaf of artisan bread will be the centerpiece. Gonna build a charcuterie board around it using some interesting items from the freezer. Looks like I’ve got some trimmings from a pork belly, a nice piece of halibut my buddy caught in Alaska, and some locally smoked sausage. Will have to work on sauces for each. Also planning to do some roasted balsamic broccoli and quick-pickled cauliflower. Wish I had some good cheese.

Fingers crosses that I find some Morels today or tomorrow.
Charcuterie board turned out PFG all things considered... sourdough bread, sausage, white-truffle honey and balsamic roasted broccoli, fried morels, sautéed fiddleheads, blackened halibut cubes, smoked pork belly, quick-pickle cauliflower and a smoked meatloaf. For sauces, I had a pistachio / toasted sesame oil / rice vinegar pesto and a creamy lime red pepper sauce.  :thumbup:

Best thing about Easter ham...is having leftovers to use during the week.

Ham and eggs...going to cut up  some into small cubes and fry up almost like bacon to use in a Carbonara later this week.  Ham and biscuits.  Chop some up and add to pizza as well.

Also...I did a small twist on the scalloped potato recipe I posted earlier in the thread...took some fresh garlic and finely chopped it...sauteed it with the butter at the start before the flour.  Then intead of drizzling melted butter over the top...I melted butter, added parmesan and corn flake crumbs and sprinkled that over the top for the last 20 minutes (broiled for 3 minutes to get them extra crispy) and added that great crispy topping to it.  Delicious.  Though, could hear my mom in my head yelling that it wasn't how she did it. 

Best thing about Easter ham...is having leftovers to use during the week.

Ham and eggs...going to cut up  some into small cubes and fry up almost like bacon to use in a Carbonara later this week.  Ham and biscuits.  Chop some up and add to pizza as well.

Also...I did a small twist on the scalloped potato recipe I posted earlier in the thread...took some fresh garlic and finely chopped it...sauteed it with the butter at the start before the flour.  Then intead of drizzling melted butter over the top...I melted butter, added parmesan and corn flake crumbs and sprinkled that over the top for the last 20 minutes (broiled for 3 minutes to get them extra crispy) and added that great crispy topping to it.  Delicious.  Though, could hear my mom in my head yelling that it wasn't how she did it. 
I was about to post this.  Had a fried ham and egg sandwich for breakfast.  Definitely, doing Carbonara later this week and going to make a soup with the Ham bone later this week.  I will be sick of ham in a week but until then some good eating!

I was about to post this.  Had a fried ham and egg sandwich for breakfast.  Definitely, doing Carbonara later this week and going to make a soup with the Ham bone later this week.  I will be sick of ham in a week but until then some good eating!
I don't do many soups with ham...posted in my neighborhood page if someone wanted a hambone (and immediately had someone wanting it to make soup)...Im sure the COVID police would frown upon sharing such a thing...but its not like it was doing anything but going in pot of boiling liquid anyway.

Went straight from my carving block to a ziplock baggie to a cooler on my porch til it was picked up.

I don't do many soups with ham...posted in my neighborhood page if someone wanted a hambone (and immediately had someone wanting it to make soup)...Im sure the COVID police would frown upon sharing such a thing...but its not like it was doing anything but going in pot of boiling liquid anyway.

Went straight from my carving block to a ziplock baggie to a cooler on my porch til it was picked up.
I do a very simple soup where you create broth out of Ham bone with some water and a couple of bay leaves.  Then remove the bone and bay leaves then add in some diced carrots, diced onion, diced potato, a can of kidney beans, some frozen corn and some diced ham.  Then salt and pepper to taste.  Cook until potato and carrots are done and eat.  Very easy and good.  

I do a very simple soup where you create broth out of Ham bone with some water and a couple of bay leaves.  Then remove the bone and bay leaves then add in some diced carrots, diced onion, diced potato, a can of kidney beans, some frozen corn and some diced ham.  Then salt and pepper to taste.  Cook until potato and carrots are done and eat.  Very easy and good.  
See as much as I like ham...that doesn't sound good to me.  Have had some before as my parents used to make soups like that.

Im more of a chicken stock or beef stock based soup kind of guy (same with the family).

See as much as I like ham...that doesn't sound good to me.  Have had some before as my parents used to make soups like that.

Im more of a chicken stock or beef stock based soup kind of guy (same with the family).
Well good thing you gave it away for someone else to enjoy!

Hambone stock is perfect for cooking most any beans.

Big pot of pintos (or limas, reds, blacks, crowders, etc.), some cornbread and a slice of onion, Cheap, delicious and about a dime a serving.

Make a pot of rice to go with it and bring the cost to a nickel.

Hambone stock is perfect for cooking most any beans.

Big pot of pintos (or limas, reds, blacks, crowders, etc.), some cornbread and a slice of onion, Cheap, delicious and about a dime a serving.

Make a pot of rice to go with it and bring the cost to a nickel.
Yea making a giant pot of this today. Assuming Instacart can get me beans. :unsure:  

Then broke down the carcass (GF loves turkey sandwiches), and boiled to make scratch stock for the first time. Built it up with some aging carrots/celery/onion and a bag of egg noodles I had tucked away in the pantry.

Not gonna lie... it's awesome. Will do this with a turkey carcass every time now. 
I do that every year with the carcass, and if I make soup with it, I use These Reams frozen noodles, they're the best...almost dumpling-like. Try em if you never have and you'll never look back.

Users who are viewing this thread