What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edge owners- Where would you like to see him play? (1 Viewer)

Where would you like to see Edgerrin James play next season?

• Indianapolis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacksonville

• Philadelphia

• Arizona

• Denver

• Atlanta

• NY Jets

• Other

• Total voters

jeter23

Footballguy
It seems like most people are assuming that Edge won't be back in Indy, so where would you like to see him play, for fantasy purposes?I haven't heard many rumors yet, but Mort mentioned each of these teams as possibilities earlier today.

Other:VikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikingsVikings!

I don't have him, but I think the only teams mentioned that IMO would enable him to stay near the top of the fantasy rankings are Jacksonville and Minnesota (as per Randall Stevens).ETA: I don't think Denver is likely, so I excluded them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, he has the best QB, two of the best WR's and a damn good line in Indy. Barring a trade to Seattle or KC he wouldn't put up the numbers anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, he has the best QB, two of the best WR's and a damn good line in Indy. Barring a trade to Seattle or KC he wouldn't put up the numbers anywhere else.
He'd be the back-up in KC, though, so really only Seattle...

The only reason I don't like Indy is he doesn't play much during FF playoffs. For that reason I like Jacksonville.

The only reason I don't like Indy is he doesn't play much during FF playoffs. For that reason I like Jacksonville.
Unless you play a Week 17 championship (then, you could say the above about 50% of RBs...), he only missed playoff games because of the team's winning this year.

For fantasy purposes and taking into account a team that could actually make a move for him this offseason?

Carolina

Atlanta
Jacksonville

For fantasy purposes and taking into account a team that could actually make a move for him this offseason?

Carolina

Atlanta
Jacksonville
I don't like Atlanta. Even if Duckett goes, Vick still gets a lot of the goalline looks, and that'll drop Edge's performance slightly.The one I love is Carolina. A back would be huge in that offense if he could just stay healthy, and get in the endzone. Edge can do both.

Carolina

Atlanta

Jacksonville
I don't like Atlanta. Even if Duckett goes, Vick still gets a lot of the goalline looks, and that'll drop Edge's performance slightly.The one I love is Carolina. A back would be huge in that offense if he could just stay healthy, and get in the endzone. Edge can do both.
Atlanta would imply Dunn is a goner too, admittedly an unlikely scenario. But, let's not forget that Edge used to catch a TON of passes in his early years and with Vick at the helm, I could see a situation where he got back to being a multi-purpose back.

CAROLINA YES! Big miss on the original list. I am hoping that they view James as the piece of the puzzle to "get over the hump", and offer him the cash. I view Carolina as equal to Indy for his value. Big drop off after that- I do not like Jacksonville, a distant 3rd among realistic possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread