What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Elysium (1 Viewer)

This was a great film. One of the best ive seen in the last 5 years. Its s subtle but interesting story done tastefuly

The movie was ok, but I left with the distinct impression of not really caring much. For me, it was neither compelling as a human drama nor a political statement. Great effects, Damon was excellent, and the tech portrayed was really cool. But the narrative seemed a bit all over the place and the central human drama was underdeveloped IMO.
This guy sounds smart.
Except for the part about being wrong in every criticism

Just saw it and it was worth the dollar rental. I am not sure what massive plot that you are all looking for in movies, but it was entertaining enough for what it was.

This was a great film. One of the best ive seen in the last 5 years. Its s subtle but interesting story done tastefuly
This has to be a drunken, sarcastic post. No way anyone could think this.
District 9 and elysium are masterpieces. Takes a gifted director to make a compelling sci fi without relying on too many action sequences while also making a sociological point

subtle? It had every cliche int he book
Care to point out a few cliches?
really? Guy sacrifices himself too save the one he loves and "free" everyone on earth. If you didnt see that ending coming a mile away then i dont know what to tell you. Bad guy is a crazy maniac that doesnt follow rules. This movie has been done millions of times before, heck how was it any different than total recall?

really? Guy sacrifices himself too save the one he loves and "free" everyone on earth. If you didnt see that ending coming a mile away then i dont know what to tell you. Bad guy is a crazy maniac that doesnt follow rules. This movie has been done millions of times before, heck how was it any different than total recall?
Even after reading this... I still don't remember parts of this movie. Completely forgettable.

Heck it was basically the same ####in plot as District 9... Aliens stuck in a refugee camp/poor humans stuck on earth. Main star gets infected with a virus. Does anything he can to save himself. Ends up sacrificing himself to save those stuck in the refugee camp/earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a great film. One of the best ive seen in

the last 5 years. Its s subtle but interesting story done tastefuly
If you read the works of joseph smith about archetypes you will see certain aspects are present in all stories ancient to modern. It is what causes interest in the heros journeFor example many of those same story elements are in a highly regarded movie like die hard

All hero stories are basically the same just in different settings

DSP said:
shadyridr said:
DSP said:
shadyridr said:
DSP said:
This was a great film. One of the best ive seen in

the last 5 years. Its s subtle but interesting story done tastefuly
If you read the works of joseph smith about archetypes you will see certain aspects are present in all stories ancient to modern. It is what causes interest in the heros journeFor example many of those same story elements are in a highly regarded movie like die hard

All hero stories are basically the same just in different settings
You're right, it was awesome.

shadyridr said:
Heck it was basically the same ####in plot as District 9... Aliens stuck in a refugee camp/poor humans stuck on earth. Main star gets infected with a virus. Does anything he can to save himself. Ends up sacrificing himself to save those stuck in the refugee camp/earth.
Agree with you shady. I felt like the same director had so much left over footage from District 9 (which I really liked) that he decided to film a few scenes with Damon and push out another similar picture capitalizing on the first.

It's pretty absurd to call this a "masterpiece." Hoping that's shtick.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen either. It's moderate to bad maybe, but probably worth the 90 minutes of entertainment and not much more. I'll have completely forgotten it in a year.

It's pretty absurd to call this a "masterpiece." Hoping that's shtick.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen either. It's moderate to bad maybe, but probably worth the 90 minutes of entertainment and not much more. I'll have completely forgotten it in a year.
Compated to the crap sci fi movies in recent years it will be remembered as the best of its generation

Definitely a masterpiece

shadyridr said:
Agree with you shady. I felt like the same director had so much left over footage from District 9 (which I really liked) that he decided to film a few scenes with Damon and push out another similar picture capitalizing on the first.
Both movies have vague similiarities or could be part of the same timeline

Users who are viewing this thread