What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Moulds (1 Viewer)

Sinrman

Footballguy
Two different questions --

1) Where does he end up?

** He obviously thinks he's a #1 WR for SOMEONE next year. So I think he may wind up with a struggling team, like the Texans, 49ers, or Titans. I just think that overall, he won't want to play second fiddle to someone...

2) Where does he fit best?

** I think a few teams are just a few pieces short from a serious playoff run, such as the Redskins, Bears, and Bucs. But notice, each of those teams already have a #1 (S Moss, Muhammed, Galloway respectively). This is why overall, I think he'd fit best in Philly or Atlanta, both of which need a veteran WR...

Last edited by a moderator:
i bet atlanta, philly seems to not like veterans, who knows though maybe they changed after this year and feel the urgency to win a super bowl. i could see philly going after wayne

** He obviously thinks he's a #1 WR for SOMEONE next year.
Link?Can't say I know much about Eric Mould's personality but at this point in his career would have to think he would rather go to a team that has a chance of winning it all.

If Wayne leaves Indy, he would be an interesting replacement if not looking for a big payday. Denver could also be an interesting option since Lelie has never really lived up to expectations. Not sure what Ashley's contract situation is.

Moulds would also be a nice compliment to Steve Smith in Carolina and they definitely need a #2 WR. Drew Carter is probably another year away from being a steady contributor

** He obviously thinks he's a #1 WR for SOMEONE next year.
Link?Can't say I know much about Eric Mould's personality but at this point in his career would have to think he would rather go to a team that has a chance of winning it all.

If Wayne leaves Indy, he would be an interesting replacement if not looking for a big payday. Denver could also be an interesting option since Lelie has never really lived up to expectations. Not sure what Ashley's contract situation is.

Moulds would also be a nice compliment to Steve Smith in Carolina and they definitely need a #2 WR. Drew Carter is probably another year away from being a steady contributor
Ok, maybe that's an assumption. But come on. He's an NFL player. He's a #1 WR right now. Why would he think differently?

Washington?

Moulds & Mini Moss could be a very nice pairing.
:goodposting: 'Skins fans have focused on him and Reggie Wayne as FA pickups to be opposite of Moss. Frankly, I think we could get Moulds for a better deal than Wayne.

Don't forget that Gregg Williams coached him in Buffalo. Unless there's acrimony between the two of them that I'm not aware of, that would make a lot of sense.

He's also due for his even-year 1000+ yard receiving season. :D

Every pro player wants two things from their sport, to make as much money as possible and win the champsionship. Why would Moulds want to go to a place like San Fran NOW at this point of his career? He's not fast enough to be the #1 option anymore so a team like Seattle or Jacksonville or Atlanta, that has stability with the coaching and QB. He always commented on the # of QBs that he's had over his career and a lot of "what if's". I can't see him going to a team like Washington with Brunell probably having one year, if that, in him.

Every pro player wants two things from their sport, to make as much money as possible and win the champsionship. Why would Moulds want to go to a place like San Fran NOW at this point of his career? He's not fast enough to be the #1 option anymore so a team like Seattle or Jacksonville or Atlanta, that has stability with the coaching and QB. He always commented on the # of QBs that he's had over his career and a lot of "what if's". I can't see him going to a team like Washington with Brunell probably having one year, if that, in him.
I think it's a matter of whether Moulds wants to WIN, or whether he is under some foggy thinking that he can go to a team that has struggled and turn it around and remain the #1 WR. If Moulds wants to win NOW, he has to come to the realization that he may not be the #1 WR on such a team. If he can live with that, then I could see him going to the Redskins or a team with an already established #1. The exception again could be Philly or Atlanta, who really are missing the key ingredient of a top WR. Look what TO did in Philly. He helped the Iggles FINALLY get past the NFC Championship game and nearly win the Super Bowl. He was a cancer, but you can't deny his talent and what he brought to the table. He gave the Eagles a legitimate passing attack and defenses had to respect that. Moulds, although not in TO's league talent-wise, can help bring some sense of a passing attack to such teams...

The Chargers and Chiefs might be solid options. Both are good teams who need help at wr. Although, I think Moulds will not be too concerned with winning and just take the highest offer.

Now that Mularkey is gone, is it a foregone conclusion that he'll leave?I don't think so.

Moulds' performance was night and day depending on if Holcombe was in the lineup or not. Moulds can still produce. He would be interesting in Philly/Atlanta/Indy

Washington?

Moulds & Mini Moss could be a very nice pairing.
:goodposting: 'Skins fans have focused on him and Reggie Wayne as FA pickups to be opposite of Moss. Frankly, I think we could get Moulds for a better deal than Wayne.

Don't forget that Gregg Williams coached him in Buffalo. Unless there's acrimony between the two of them that I'm not aware of, that would make a lot of sense.

He's also due for his even-year 1000+ yard receiving season. :D
i don't think there is much doubt moulds would be cheaper & more cap friendly...OTOH... snyder has shown repeatedly he is willing to pay top dollar & mortgage future to try & win today.

whoever gets him will be very lucky to have him as I think he has plenty left and will be a major contributor for someone over the next few years. really wish he could play his entire career with the Bills.

whoever gets him will be very lucky to have him as I think he has plenty left and will be a major contributor for someone over the next few years. really wish he could play his entire career with the Bills.
I agree strongly with your first statement. I am already targeting him for next year as a tremendous value ala Santana Moss. Hopefully he can end up with a team where that can be a reality.

He would be a great pickup for the Eagles.
He would, and I'm hoping they don't get him! C'Mon, Reid, stick with your studs Lewis/Pingston etc... they'll help you win! :excited:

I hope he's able to pick a place where he can win.I'd hate to see him do something like Derrick Mason did where he picked Baltimore over New England because, and this is what I remember but it might be wrong, his wife liked Baltimore better (or had family there).

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see a bunch of veterans take a discount to play one year with Favre and usher him out in style. There's not a lot of players in the NFL I think deserve that kind of treatment, but Favre does, especially if he comes back after last year.

The Chargers and Chiefs might be solid options. Both are good teams who need help at wr.
Yup, the Chargers came to mind first. They have cap room too.
I wouldn't mind that at all with McCardell not getting any younger and Vincent Jackson needing at least another year before he's ready to start.

Lions?

That team could use a mentor type receiver for a couple years.
Didn't Moulds get suspended this year because he was #####ing about not getting the ball enough??The mentor type is overrated IMO. You can't teach a boy to do a man's job.

Philadelphia.Please.The Eagles have a decent #2 in Reggie Brown, but he's not a #1 for sure. Philly had been saying that Donovan needed a primary target that could be considered a weapon for the WCO to really soar in Philly. He got his wish in 2004 and look what happened.Granted, Moulds < TO, but I think that the Eagles receiver corps in 2006 >> 2004, even sans TO. FredEx "I want to thank my hands for being so great" Mitchell? The Eagles would have Moulds, RBrown, LJ Smith at TE and Westbrook out of the backfield. Now that sounds like a good starting lineup.As for other teams, well, they've been mentioned above. I just don't want to think about it...... Regarding Wayne - he could be fantastic for another club, but Peerless Price looked great before he left the Bills to move from #2 to a #1 slot in Atlanta, then drifted into obscurity in Dallas and likely out of the league next year. All I'm saying is beware the #2 going to become a #1.

If he values winning more than a big paycheck, New England. The Pats are likely going to lose Givens and the verdict is still out on whether Andre Davis will take over the #2 slot.

If he values winning more than a big paycheck, New England. The Pats are likely going to lose Givens and the verdict is still out on whether Andre Davis will take over the #2 slot.
that would be almost as bad as watching Thurman suit up for the Dolphins.

Is Givens actually out in NE?

If he values winning more than a big paycheck, New England.  The Pats are likely going to lose Givens and the verdict is still out on whether Andre Davis will take over the #2 slot.
He is an UFA, and things did not go well in getting him signed last year. He took whatever 1-year RFA contract that was the most he could get ($1.43 million) but they could not work out a new contract. I doubt the Pats will pay him what he could get elsewhere (seeing how they hardly ever pay anyone what they are worth).

He is an UFA, and things did not go well in getting him signed last year. He took whatever 1-year RFA contract that was the most he could get ($1.43 million) but they could not work out a new contract. I doubt the Pats will pay him what he could get elsewhere (seeing how they hardly ever pay anyone what they are worth).
Wow - good info. He could be a nice SOD, and rounds out my new Top 3 wish list for Philly #1s. It would be nice if he can continue his playoff TD streak in Midnight Green.....

What kind of money is Moulds going to get, specifically in a signing bonus ?I know last season was a rough year, but I think he's still regarded as a good receiver, and a potential #1 - depending on the team.Saying that, does he get $10 million + upfront ?I think this answer will determine if a team like the Bears would be interested - they already signed Muhammed to a huge contract (I believe he got $12 million upfront) so it would probably be unlikely they would dish out another big bonus to an aging WR like Moulds when Mark Bradley (coming back from knee surgury) and Bernard Berrian both showed a lot of promise in limited time this season.Atlanta is an interesting option - they already tried this approach once with Peerless Price, and got burnt - but Moulds has a much more accomplished track record than Price (one very good season) did. Michael Jenkins, Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn, and Brian Finnerman give Atlanta/Vick some nice options already - is Moulds good enough to turn Vick into a dependable drop back passer like the Falcons want him to be ?Don't think the Lions make any sense - yeah, in an ideal situation, you'd love to have some veterans to add some leadership to the WR's already there (Roy/Mike Williams and Charles Rogers), but I think it's time to sink or swim for these players. You're 1st round pick, play like it.Philly and NE are probably the favorites in my mind as they both will be losing a WR - The Eagles definitely lose Owens, and need to bolster their passing attack, and if the Patriots lose Givens, Moulds would seem like a nice fit.

I don't think he'd get $10 million unless there's a big bidding war, but something in the neighborhood of $6 million or so seems pretty reasonable to me.

I've heard rumors that Keyshawn could be out in Dallas, so Moulds might be a possible replacement there to reunite with Bledsoe.Washington seems like an obvious choice to have him play opposite S.Moss.Also, would be interesting to see him in Kansas City.

If he values winning more than a big paycheck, New England.  The Pats are likely going to lose Givens and the verdict is still out on whether Andre Davis will take over the #2 slot.
Wow - good info. He could be a nice SOD, and rounds out my new Top 3 wish list for Philly #1s. It would be nice if he can continue his playoff TD streak in Midnight Green.....
Would also be a more affordable option for Indy if Wayne asks for a huge bonus.

I'll throw out the 49ers as an option as well if Moulds isn't interested in winning-it-all and only wants to be the #1 WR. If the 49ers don't renew Lloyd's contract, they'll need WR help in a big way.

Users who are viewing this thread