What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Swalwell tweets thread (1 Viewer)

Max Power

Footballguy
This guy is constantly dropping some doozies. I'm surprised we don't have a thread already. His latest...
https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell
https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell
@RepSwalwell

A staffer of mine—who’s 1 month into her job—received a call from a man saying he’s coming to our office w/ an assault rifle to kill me. I hesitate to share this but how else do I tell you we are in violent times, & the architects are Trump & McCarthy. Bloodshed is coming.

Complaint

An odd way to react to threats against a member of congress.
What's the proper way to react to a member of congress tweeting "Bloodshed is coming"?
Fear. Reservation. Concern. You know, things people normally feel when they aren't completely wrapped up in branding.
Everyone who is anyone has had a threat thrown their way at one time or another. There are some unstable people out there and I'm sure other who just get off on the thrill of doing something like that.

From the complaint, you can see the person is probably unstable. Swawell was the one who used this to blame Trump and push a bloodshed agenda.

What's the proper way to react to a member of congress tweeting "Bloodshed is coming"?
Fear. Reservation. Concern. You know, things people normally feel when they aren't completely wrapped up in branding.
Everyone who is anyone has had a threat thrown their way at one time or another. There are some unstable people out there and I'm sure other who just get off on the thrill of doing something like that.

From the complaint, you can see the person is probably unstable. Swawell was the one who used this to blame Trump and push a bloodshed agenda.
Wait....I thought this was what they signed up for?

Wait....I thought this was what they signed up for?
I think that's only for conservative supreme court justices.

Agreed...hopefully he gets the same concern that the Supreme Court justices got...by the way do we know how he is so sure Trump and McCarthy are behind this plot...it would probably be helpful to law enforcement for future threats since he was able to figure this out so quickly.

Didn't Lindsay already confirm the likelihood of this? Sadly its not a surprise -

Didn't Lindsay already confirm the likelihood of this? Sadly its not a surprise -
The likelihood of what exactly?

probably true. Swalwell is no rookie. for him to put this out there, I can presume the volume and/or credibility of threats has increased lately.

probably true. Swalwell is no rookie. for him to put this out there, I can presume the volume and/or credibility of threats has increased lately.
The complaint seems pretty unhinged. Which if we're going off that as factual, this is now the second LGBTQ threat against a member of congress in the last couple week. MTG's swatting was LGTBQ related as well.

Team Red feeling a bit whiny today.
More annoyed that this type of behavior seems acceptable in congress.
Less disturbed about this type of behavior TOWARDS congress?
There are some unhinged people in this world. Its unfortunate, but it's a reality. This type of behavior towards congress is totally unacceptable. I also find is widely unacceptable for someone in congress to assign blame to another politician for it and then post "Bloodshed is coming".

Same way one would react to people trying to kill SC Justices or attempting to attack FBI buildings? All these sorts of threats are disgusting and should be treated the same way. Appears many of you have a problem doing that for whatever reason.

Same way one would react to people trying to kill SC Justices or attempting to attack FBI buildings? All these sorts of threats are disgusting and should be treated the same way. Appears many of you have a problem doing that for whatever reason.
No one is saying any of those things are good. But this is a member of congress saying bloodshed is coming and blaming Trump based on what exactly?

No one is saying any of those things are good. But this is a member of congress saying bloodshed is coming and blaming Trump based on what exactly?
I don't know....maybe the same things that members of the Senate warning of "civil war" are basing their nonsense on? Feels to me, that the only people who are really listening to politicians these days are the extremes and that's likely because those politicians are speaking in a way that allows them to feel entitled to do what they've wanted to do for years. We had swept under the rug, rendering it unacceptable in society, all this sort of stuff for a while. Now, many politicians are speaking directly to the fringes and giving them cover with their nonsense talk.

I don't know....maybe the same things that members of the Senate warning of "civil war" are basing their nonsense on? Feels to me, that the only people who are really listening to politicians these days are the extremes and that's likely because those politicians are speaking in a way that allows them to feel entitled to do what they've wanted to do for years. We had swept under the rug, rendering it unacceptable in society, all this sort of stuff for a while. Now, many politicians are speaking directly to the fringes and giving them cover with their nonsense talk.
I don't disagree with your take on this. I wish both sides would reign it in. We need some more accountability out of our elected leaders and they typically fail to police their own.

What are you referring to with Senators warning of civil war? I'm not aware of that story.

Honestly, why is this a stretch given Trump knew he had supporters with weapons outside the Capitol and wanted the detectors removed? If you're so inclined, and see this from your leader, this (violence towards your government) is all totally ok --

Seems he is tweeting that because of the threats made…more out of fear its coming due to rhetoric we have see out of folks like Lindsey Graham predicting violence if Trump is indicted/charged.
I must have missed the Lindsay Graham story. I'm just not sure how Swalwell connects the dots to link Trump to a gay AR15 toting man making a threat though. There was no reason provided in the call.

What did McCarthy do to get mentioned?

Seems he is tweeting that because of the threats made…more out of fear its coming due to rhetoric we have see out of folks like Lindsey Graham predicting violence if Trump is indicted/charged.

That is a possibility as is another George Floyd scenario or a congressional baseball game…both sides are complicit in this nonsense but Swallwell is making an accusation without proof…that is BS and he better bring definitive proof before he throws gasoline on this potential fire.

Honestly, why is this a stretch given Trump knew he had supporters with weapons outside the Capitol and wanted the detectors removed? If you're so inclined, and see this from your leader, this (violence towards your government) is all totally ok --
sigh... Its a massive stretch.

That is a possibility as is another George Floyd scenario or a congressional baseball game…both sides are complicit in this nonsense but Swallwell is making an accusation without proof…that is BS and he better bring definitive proof before he throws gasoline on this potential fire.
They apparently have the caller's phone number. This should almost be figured out by now.

Proof of what?

Proof of what?

Nothing…no proof needed…Trump and McCarthy are behind this…case closed.

What's the proper way to completely ignore the original point of the tweet?

"received a call from a man saying he’s coming to our office w/ an assault rifle to kill me"

I think we've just witnessed it.

What's the proper way to completely ignore the original point of the tweet?

"received a call from a man saying he’s coming to our office w/ an assault rifle to kill me"

I think we've just witnessed it.
Like I said, I think this happens regularly and should be taken seriously. They need to go to the police with this report and find the person responsible. Did the police even respond to this?

I don't think this gives Swalwell the leverage to make unfounded claims and exacerbate the issue on twitter.

So this is a thread dedicated to criticizing a congressman for speaking out about being threatened? Rather than criticize the source of the threat?
Its just another questionable Swalwell tweet. He has a history of this.
But what about Trump? That's what you should be focused on. 😡

Stop looking at others doing the same thing and only focus on Trump. Only Trump. No one but Trump. Got it?

So this is a thread dedicated to criticizing a congressman for speaking out about being threatened? Rather than criticize the source of the threat?
I don’t find it particularly questionable. I think it’s quite reasonable to blame Trump’s rhetoric for the increase of violent threats against politicians who are opposed to Trump, and to blame McCarthy for supporting Trump. I think it’s quite reasonable to predict that bloodshed is coming as a result. What do you find questionable about any of this?

But what about Trump? That's what you should be focused on. 😡

Stop looking at others doing the same thing and only focus on Trump. Only Trump. No one but Trump. Got it?

I don’t find it particularly questionable. I think it’s quite reasonable to blame Trump’s rhetoric for the increase of violent threats in this country, amd to blame McCarthy for supporting Trump. I think it’s quite reasonable to predict that bloodshed is coming as a result. What do you find questionable about any of this?
How did anything in that reported complaint link to Trump?

Or is it just anything bad against a democrat is the result of Trump?

LGBTQ tend to be much heavier democrat.

Truth Social is being removed because they aren't controlling violent threats.

Willfully Obtuse: it's what's for breakfast!!
"BIG MEDIA COMPANY makes up reason to eliminate differing opinions and I agree because they align with my politics. I don't want to go any further than that because that might uncover something I don't like so I'll just agree with them." :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread