What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Swalwell tweets thread (1 Viewer)

Its just another questionable Swalwell tweet. He has a history of this.
Truth Social is being removed because they aren't controlling violent threats.

Willfully Obtuse: it's what's for breakfast!!
"BIG MEDIA COMPANY makes up reason to eliminate differing opinions and I agree because they align with my politics. I don't want to go any further than that because that might uncover something I don't like so I'll just agree with them" :thumbup:
Violent threats are not differing opinions. What the hell is wrong with people??

This is big tech censorship, which is a whole separate issue. Ignoring that is happening is being willfully obtuse.
Willfully obtuse is like a sweet, sugary candy to them. Much more preferrable than having to taste the bitter truth.

“I disagree with your gun policies” is not the same as “I’m coming for you with my AR-15 to blow you away!” The latter is NOT OK. It deserves to be investigated and not treated as a “differing opinion”. It deserves to be censored. And any politician who defends such rhetoric, or worse promotes it, should be beyond the pale. I mean no disrespect but I think some of you have gone absolutely nuts here in your desire to defend the red team.

This is big tech censorship, which is a whole separate issue. Ignoring that is happening is being willfully obtuse.
Willfully obtuse is like a sweet, sugary candy to them. Much more preferrable than having to taste the bitter truth.
If your bitter truth is treating violent threats as merely a differing opinion, then yeah that’s too bitter for me.

Nah, repeatedly chanting a phrase over and over doesn't make it so.
Trump has been encouraging every one of these shut-in wannabe SEAL Team members, you know the ones, they bring their sniper rifle to Starbucks hoping to trigger some libs.
Every time these cosplay militia basement dwellers gets online, they get more encouragement from Trump, and the politicians who gave up their integrity for a reality show star.

“I disagree with your gun policies” is not the same as “I’m coming for you with my AR-15 to blow you away!” The latter is NOT OK. It deserves to be investigated and not treated as a “differing opinion”. It deserves to be censored. And any politician who defends such rhetoric, or worse promotes it, should be beyond the pale. I mean no disrespect but I think some of you have gone absolutely nuts here in your desire to defend the red team.
What are you talking about Tim? This phone call was over "gay issues" and I'm still waiting for you to connect this to how it's Trump's fault.

So this is a thread dedicated to criticizing a congressman for speaking out about being threatened? Rather than criticize the source of the threat?

if you take your partisan glasses off for a second you will realize everyone is 100% behind this being a threat to be taken seriously…no one is good with this…what they do not like is Swallwell using it for a political purposes without having concrete evidence…hopefully there will come a day when the right and their basket of deplorable followers talk with the same class and restraint that the left and politicians like Schumer did with regard to the Supreme Court…at that point we will be in a good spot as a country.

What are you talking about Tim? This phone call was over "gay issues" and I'm still waiting for you to connect this to how it's Trump's fault.
That response was to @BladeRunner and his terrible use of the phrase “differing opinions”.

So far as the phone call goes, anytime there is a violent threat against any politician opposed to Donald Trump over any issue that Trump has taken a stand on (as he certainly has on gay issues) it’s totally reasonable to blame Trump. Because Trump is the man most responsible for creating our current atmosphere of violent threats. No other single person comes even close.

That response was to @BladeRunner and his terrible use of the phrase “differing opinions”.

So far as the phone call goes, anytime there is a violent threat against any politician opposed to Donald Trump over any issue that Trump has taken a stand on (as he certainly has on gay issues) it’s totally reasonable to blame Trump. Because Trump is the man most responsible for creating our current atmosphere of violent threats. No other single person comes even close.
What is Donald Trump's stand on gay rights vs Swalwell's? It makes no sense to connect the dots how you are. Like give me your best evidence of something Trump said to make a gay man call Eric Swalwell about Gay rights and threaten to kill Swalwell?

What is Donald Trump's stand on gay rights vs Swalwell's? It makes no sense to connect the dots how you are. Like give me your best evidence of something Trump said to make a gay man call Eric Swalwell about Gay rights and threaten to kill Swalwell?
Why don’t you Google Trump and gay rights and read his hateful and bigoted rhetoric for once? I’m not sure how anyone at this point could be unaware of it. Why don’t you Google Trump’s hateful and violent remarks towards Swalwell and other members of the Jan 6 Committee? I don’t know how anyone could be unaware of that either.

So this is a thread dedicated to criticizing a congressman for speaking out about being threatened? Rather than criticize the source of the threat?

if you take your partisan glasses off for a second you will realize everyone is 100% behind this being a threat to be taken seriously…no one is good with this…what they do not like is Swallwell using it for a political purposes without having concrete evidence…hopefully there will come a day when the right and their basket of deplorable followers talk with the same class and restraint that the left and politicians like Schumer did with regard to the Supreme Court…at that point we will be in a good spot as a country.
What you don’t seem to understand is that Swalwell’s comments were NOT political. Criticizing Trump and McCarthy for the increased violent rhetoric is NOT political; it’s a very reasonable call for civil behavior. It’s only political to you because Trump is on the red team. And you think I’m the one with partisan glasses. It’s pathetic.

Why don’t you Google Trump and gay rights and read his hateful and bigoted rhetoric for once? I’m not sure how anyone at this point could be unaware of it. Why don’t you Google Trump’s hateful and violent remarks towards Swalwell and other members of the Jan 6 Committee? I don’t know how anyone could be unaware of that either.
I only get the current story on google.

Your take just doesn't make logical sense. A gay man, who is mad at Trump for Trump's stance on gay's, threatens Swalwell because Trump hates him too?

What you don’t seem to understand is that Swalwell’s comments were NOT political. Criticizing Trump and McCarthy for the increased violent rhetoric is NOT political; it’s a very reasonable call for civil behavior. It’s only political to you because Trump is on the red team. And you think I’m the one with partisan glasses. It’s pathetic.

What you don’t seem to understand or actually care to understand that making accusations without the case being resolved is reckless and accomplishing what you say you want to avoid…means to an ends.

You take just doesn't make logical sense. A gay man, who is mad at Trump for Trump's stance on gay's, threatens Swalwell because Trump hates him too?
The callers threat doesn’t make any logical sense. That’s not the point.

It’s the atmosphere. Trump is responsible for this atmosphere of hate. Are others responsible as well? Yes. Are some on the left responsible? Of course, absolutely. But no single person is more responsible than Donald Trump.

You take just doesn't make logical sense. A gay man, who is mad at Trump for Trump's stance on gay's, threatens Swalwell because Trump hates him too?
That's exactly the point!!! But Swalwell has to use it to blame Trump and promote bloodshed.

What you don’t seem to understand or actually care to understand that making accusations without the case being resolved is reckless and accomplishing what you say you want to avoid…means to an ends.
Boston I don’t want to have a big argument with you over this because I think you’re a pretty reasonable guy. I think Max is reasonable. I think you made good points about some Democratic politicians who have said things they shouldn’t have said. I think Max also made a good point that the specific complaint that Swalwell was referring to THIS TIME wasn’t directly tied to Trump. But Swalwell gets threats every day. And the man most responsible for the atmosphere that we’re now in, where violent threats are the norm, is Donald Trump, who as I post this is spreading Qanon garbage on Truth Social. He is more responsible than any Democrat or any other person. And the continuing defense of him by some of you is unconscionable IMO.

Boston I don’t want to have a big argument with you over this because I think you’re a pretty reasonable guy. I think Max is reasonable. I think you made good points about some Democratic politicians who have said things they shouldn’t have said. I think Max also made a good point that the specific complaint that Swalwell was referring to THIS TIME wasn’t directly tied to Trump. But Swalwell gets threats every day. And the man most responsible for the atmosphere that we’re now in, where violent threats are the norm, is Donald Trump, who as I post this is spreading Qanon garbage on Truth Social. He is more responsible than any Democrat or any other person. And the continuing defense of him by some of you is unconscionable IMO.
I absolutely disagree. I personally blame the summer of love where law enforcement stood aside, politicians promoted people making their voices heard, violence ensued and no one was held accountable. This only reaffirmed to people that they can use violence to make their voices heard.

But what about Trump? That's what you should be focused on. 😡

Stop looking at others doing the same thing and only focus on Trump. Only Trump. No one but Trump. Got it?
What same thing?
He posted about a threat...and the response is to ignore that part, and complain that he blames Trump for the rhetoric lately?

"BIG MEDIA COMPANY makes up reason to eliminate differing opinions and I agree because they align with my politics. I don't want to go any further than that because that might uncover something I don't like so I'll just agree with them." :thumbup:
Its clearly not about differing opinions. In fact, truth social has clearly been eliminating actual differing opinions on its platform but allowing calls to violence and threats.

We should probably spend more time criticizing the death threat. Seems to be lots of them going around lately. It would be great if people in power could tamp down the rhetoric.
Ignored threats against FBI...deflecting from this threat.
It was pretty unanimous with posters condemning threats against Supreme Court justices and family.

"BIG MEDIA COMPANY makes up reason to eliminate differing opinions and I agree because they align with my politics. I don't want to go any further than that because that might uncover something I don't like so I'll just agree with them." :thumbup:
Its clearly not about differing opinions. In fact, truth social has clearly been eliminating actual differing opinions on its platform but allowing calls to violence and threats.
I dont use Truth, but it would be extremely concerning if this was happening the way you claim. Is it being documented anywhere I can reference?

It was pretty unanimous with posters condemning threats against Supreme Court justices and family.
Yeah the FBI was literally attacked, then the names of the agents involved in the execution of the MAL warrant were made public. Leaders need to tamp down the violence and the threats. But we still have people demonizing the FBI even in light of the attack and threats.

Someone in power needs to step up and condemn it, not feed it.

I dont use Truth, but it would be extremely concerning if this was happening the way you claim. Is it being documented anywhere I can reference?

That's exactly the point!!! But Swalwell has to use it to blame Trump and promote bloodshed.
He’s not promoting bloodshed.

I absolutely disagree. I personally blame the summer of love where law enforcement stood aside, politicians promoted people making their voices heard, violence ensued and no one was held accountable. This only reaffirmed to people that they can use violence to make their voices heard.
violence ensued and no one was held accountable

No one was held accountable for the violence and destruction in the summer riots?

I am pretty sure that in another thread someone documented the number of arrests made.

An odd way to react to threats against a member of congress.
What's the proper way to react to a member of congress tweeting "Bloodshed is coming"?
What's the proper way to completely ignore the original point of the tweet?

"received a call from a man saying he’s coming to our office w/ an assault rifle to kill me"

I think we've just witnessed it.
I think you’re wrong. The original point of the tweet was to blame some crazy man calling his office with threats on Trump and McCarthy, obviously

We should probably spend more time criticizing the death threat. Seems to be lots of them going around lately. It would be great if people in power could tamp down the rhetoric.

No one is ok with the threat…it is the accusation…I think that is pretty obvious.

It is not helpful to continue blaming the other side for promoting violence. It only furthers the division and fuels future violence. We know that neither Republicans nor Democrats hold a monopoly on promoting division. It is basically the playbook for both parties now. Swalwell and all politicians need to start looking at their own side and cooling down the rhetoric. Otherwise they are just part of the problem.

It is not helpful to continue blaming the other side for promoting violence. It only furthers the division and fuels future violence. We know that neither Republicans nor Democrats hold a monopoly on promoting division. It is basically the playbook for both parties now. Swalwell and all politicians need to start looking at their own side and cooling down the rhetoric. Otherwise they are just part of the problem.
See here’s the thing. I’m not blaming “the other side” for promoting violence. I’m blaming Donald Trump.
There are other guilty people here on both sides. @Max Power is absolutely correct to assert that during the George Floyd protests/riots, there were certain politicians on the left who defended the violence and they are also responsible for some of the threats we have today. And so are other politicians on the right. But nobody is MORE responsible than Donald Trump. He contributed more to this atmosphere of hate than any other single person.

He’s not promoting bloodshed.
How do you interpret his bloodshed comment? I think him bringing it up as a potential outcome is promoting it.

Can you add an article from Mother Jones? That’s all I need for a Left Wing Bias bingo. TIA.

See here’s the thing. I’m not blaming “the other side” for promoting violence. I’m blaming Donald Trump.
There are other guilty people here on both sides. @Max Power is absolutely correct to assert that during the George Floyd protests/riots, there were certain politicians on the left who defended the violence and they are also responsible for some of the threats we have today. And so are other politicians on the right. But nobody is MORE responsible than Donald Trump. He contributed more to this atmosphere of hate than any other single person.
Did Trump help anyone meet bail? I’m pretty certain members of the Biden Team donated to bailing out these violent rioters from the summer of love.

It's good to call Trump out when he does or says something stupid. Just like it's good to call Swalwell out when he does or says something stupid. Constantly blaming Trump for ever dumb thing some idiot does is only going to push regular conservatives to Trumps side. You're essentially forcing people to pick a side then wondering why they are picking the wrong side.

It's good to call Trump out when he does or says something stupid. Just like it's good to call Swalwell out when he does or says something stupid. Constantly blaming Trump for ever dumb thing some idiot does is only going to push regular conservatives to Trumps side. You're essentially forcing people to pick a side then wondering why they are picking the wrong side.

is only going to push regular conservatives to Trumps side.

I think they are already there. :coffee:

is only going to push regular conservatives to Trumps side.

I think they are already there. :coffee:
Sure, many are there. But don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy. Just because they already support him doesn't mean you should stick with a failing strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread