What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Swalwell tweets thread (1 Viewer)

We should probably spend more time criticizing the death threat. Seems to be lots of them going around lately. It would be great if people in power could tamp down the rhetoric.
Ignored threats against FBI...deflecting from this threat.
It was pretty unanimous with posters condemning threats against Supreme Court justices and family.

No one is ok with the threat…it is the accusation…I think that is pretty obvious.
The point is...the complaints about the accusation came with no real talk about the threat...as if it doesn't exist.
The accusation is the very much secondary part of that tweet. Yet that is what will be focused on by the right wing posters.

It is not helpful to continue blaming the other side for promoting violence. It only furthers the division and fuels future violence. We know that neither Republicans nor Democrats hold a monopoly on promoting division. It is basically the playbook for both parties now. Swalwell and all politicians need to start looking at their own side and cooling down the rhetoric. Otherwise they are just part of the problem.
See here’s the thing. I’m not blaming “the other side” for promoting violence. I’m blaming Donald Trump.
There are other guilty people here on both sides. @Max Power is absolutely correct to assert that during the George Floyd protests/riots, there were certain politicians on the left who defended the violence and they are also responsible for some of the threats we have today. And so are other politicians on the right. But nobody is MORE responsible than Donald Trump. He contributed more to this atmosphere of hate than any other single person.
Did Trump help anyone meet bail? I’m pretty certain members of the Biden Team donated to bailing out these violent rioters from the summer of love.
That turned out poorly.
We should probably spend more time criticizing the death threat. Seems to be lots of them going around lately. It would be great if people in power could tamp down the rhetoric.
It was pretty unanimous with posters condemning threats against Supreme Court justices and family.

No one is ok with the threat…it is the accusation…I think that is pretty obvious.
The point is...the complaints about the accusation came with no real talk about the threat...as if it doesn't exist.
The accusation is the very much secondary part of that tweet. Yet that is what will be focused on by the right wing posters.
Why do you think LGBTQ is getting so aggressive towards members of congress?

Aggressive how? What does this have to do with what I posted?
You said we should talk about the threat. The threat was about gay rights. MTV's swatting last week was over LGBTQ rights. So why do you think that community is acting like this now?
Well...the threat was about "gay issues"...and interesting language that he is a gay man, but he only gives not receives. Seems pretty odd. Does not appear that this is the LGBTQ community acting up and seems an odd way to characterize this and other possible threats at the moment.

Its just another questionable Swalwell tweet. He has a history of this.
Truth Social is being removed because they aren't controlling violent threats.

Willfully Obtuse: it's what's for breakfast!!
"BIG MEDIA COMPANY makes up reason to eliminate differing opinions and I agree because they align with my politics. I don't want to go any further than that because that might uncover something I don't like so I'll just agree with them." :thumbup:
Its clearly not about differing opinions. In fact, truth social has clearly been eliminating actual differing opinions on its platform but allowing calls to violence and threats.
I dont use Truth, but it would be extremely concerning if this was happening the way you claim. Is it being documented anywhere I can reference?
Can you add an article from Mother Jones? That’s all I need for a Left Wing Bias bingo. TIA.
:lmao:

Aggressive how? What does this have to do with what I posted?
You said we should talk about the threat. The threat was about gay rights. MTV's swatting last week was over LGBTQ rights. So why do you think that community is acting like this now?
Well...the threat was about "gay issues"...and interesting language that he is a gay man, but he only gives not receives. Seems pretty odd. Does not appear that this is the LGBTQ community acting up and seems an odd way to characterize this and other possible threats at the moment.
It absolutely appears that way. A gay man threating a congressman about gay issues. The MTG swatting was over trans issues and the caller claimed to be trans.

“I disagree with your gun policies” is not the same as “I’m coming for you with my AR-15 to blow you away!” The latter is NOT OK. It deserves to be investigated and not treated as a “differing opinion”. It deserves to be censored. And any politician who defends such rhetoric, or worse promotes it, should be beyond the pale. I mean no disrespect but I think some of you have gone absolutely nuts here in your desire to defend the red team.
What are you talking about Tim? This phone call was over "gay issues" and I'm still waiting for you to connect this to how it's Trump's fault.
That response was to @BladeRunner and his terrible use of the phrase “differing opinions”.

So far as the phone call goes, anytime there is a violent threat against any politician opposed to Donald Trump over any issue that Trump has taken a stand on (as he certainly has on gay issues) it’s totally reasonable to blame Trump. Because Trump is the man most responsible for creating our current atmosphere of violent threats. No other single person comes even close.
What is Donald Trump's stand on gay rights vs Swalwell's? It makes no sense to connect the dots how you are. Like give me your best evidence of something Trump said to make a gay man call Eric Swalwell about Gay rights and threaten to kill Swalwell?

So this is a thread dedicated to criticizing a congressman for speaking out about being threatened? Rather than criticize the source of the threat?

if you take your partisan glasses off for a second you will realize everyone is 100% behind this being a threat to be taken seriously…no one is good with this…what they do not like is Swallwell using it for a political purposes without having concrete evidence…hopefully there will come a day when the right and their basket of deplorable followers talk with the same class and restraint that the left and politicians like Schumer did with regard to the Supreme Court…at that point we will be in a good spot as a country.
What you don’t seem to understand is that Swalwell’s comments were NOT political. Criticizing Trump and McCarthy for the increased violent rhetoric is NOT political; it’s a very reasonable call for civil behavior. It’s only political to you because Trump is on the red team. And you think I’m the one with partisan glasses. It’s pathetic.

What you don’t seem to understand or actually care to understand that making accusations without the case being resolved is reckless and accomplishing what you say you want to avoid…means to an ends.
Boston I don’t want to have a big argument with you over this because I think you’re a pretty reasonable guy. I think Max is reasonable. I think you made good points about some Democratic politicians who have said things they shouldn’t have said. I think Max also made a good point that the specific complaint that Swalwell was referring to THIS TIME wasn’t directly tied to Trump. But Swalwell gets threats every day. And the man most responsible for the atmosphere that we’re now in, where violent threats are the norm, is Donald Trump, who as I post this is spreading Qanon garbage on Truth Social. He is more responsible than any Democrat or any other person. And the continuing defense of him by some of you is unconscionable IMO.
I absolutely disagree. I personally blame the summer of love where law enforcement stood aside, politicians promoted people making their voices heard, violence ensued and no one was held accountable. This only reaffirmed to people that they can use violence to make their voices heard.
violence ensued and no one was held accountable

No one was held accountable for the violence and destruction in the summer riots?

I am pretty sure that in another thread someone documented the number of arrests made.

I see everyone saying the threat is unacceptable…what more are you looking for? The accusation is not secondary in our current environment…we have a country on edge with plenty of examples of left and right wing violence…due to that I would think it is very important unsubstantiated accusations are not thrown out by a sitting congressman until it has been confirmed.

“I disagree with your gun policies” is not the same as “I’m coming for you with my AR-15 to blow you away!” The latter is NOT OK. It deserves to be investigated and not treated as a “differing opinion”. It deserves to be censored. And any politician who defends such rhetoric, or worse promotes it, should be beyond the pale. I mean no disrespect but I think some of you have gone absolutely nuts here in your desire to defend the red team.
What are you talking about Tim? This phone call was over "gay issues" and I'm still waiting for you to connect this to how it's Trump's fault.
That response was to @BladeRunner and his terrible use of the phrase “differing opinions”.

So far as the phone call goes, anytime there is a violent threat against any politician opposed to Donald Trump over any issue that Trump has taken a stand on (as he certainly has on gay issues) it’s totally reasonable to blame Trump. Because Trump is the man most responsible for creating our current atmosphere of violent threats. No other single person comes even close.
What is Donald Trump's stand on gay rights vs Swalwell's? It makes no sense to connect the dots how you are. Like give me your best evidence of something Trump said to make a gay man call Eric Swalwell about Gay rights and threaten to kill Swalwell?
Why don’t you Google Trump and gay rights and read his hateful and bigoted rhetoric for once? I’m not sure how anyone at this point could be unaware of it. Why don’t you Google Trump’s hateful and violent remarks towards Swalwell and other members of the Jan 6 Committee? I don’t know how anyone could be unaware of that either.
I only get the current story on google.

You take just doesn't make logical sense. A gay man, who is mad at Trump for Trump's stance on gay's, threatens Swalwell because Trump hates him too?
The callers threat doesn’t make any logical sense. That’s not the point.
That's exactly the point!!! But Swalwell has to use it to blame Trump and promote bloodshed.
He’s not promoting bloodshed.
How do you interpret his bloodshed comment? I think him bringing it up as a potential outcome is promoting it.
We already had a guy try to shoot up an FBI field office after the FBI executed a search warrant at MAL. There were pipe bombs placed outside the DNC and RNC on 1/6. He's not promoting or encouraging violence, he is pointing out that we are heading down a dangerous path.

I don't think Trump or McCarthy bear as much blame as the conservative media outrage machine, but the most recent examples of political violence are all centered around one man's refusal to accept defeat.

Why don’t you Google Trump and gay rights and read his hateful and bigoted rhetoric for once? I’m not sure how anyone at this point could be unaware of it. Why don’t you Google Trump’s hateful and violent remarks towards Swalwell and other members of the Jan 6 Committee? I don’t know how anyone could be unaware of that either.

You take just doesn't make logical sense. A gay man, who is mad at Trump for Trump's stance on gay's, threatens Swalwell because Trump hates him too?
That's exactly the point!!! But Swalwell has to use it to blame Trump and promote bloodshed.
How do you interpret his bloodshed comment? I think him bringing it up as a potential outcome is promoting it.
We already had a guy try to shoot up an FBI field office after the FBI executed a search warrant at MAL. There were pipe bombs placed outside the DNC and RNC on 1/6. He's not promoting or encouraging violence, he is pointing out that we are heading down a dangerous path.

I don't think Trump or McCarthy bear as much blame as the conservative media outrage machine, but the most recent examples of political violence are all centered around one man's refusal to accept defeat.
That was an unstable person who was already on the FBI radar. He tried to "shoot up" the FBI office with a nail gun. To my knowledge we still haven't figured out the pipe bombs on 1/6 which is pretty shocking to me.

All legacy media to blame. They know what sells and keep pushing it. Just like Swalwell does. He is pushing his brand and promoting the uneasiness in the country by bringing up bloodshed.

The conservative media is behind the assassination attempt of a sitting Supreme Court justice, the attempted mass murder at a congressional baseball game and a summer of rioting after the George Floyd incident?

The conservative media is behind the assassination attempt of a sitting Supreme Court justice, the attempted mass murder at a congressional baseball game and a summer of rioting after the George Floyd incident?

Of course they are! Haven't you been watching the the MSM?

It is not helpful to continue blaming the other side for promoting violence. It only furthers the division and fuels future violence. We know that neither Republicans nor Democrats hold a monopoly on promoting division. It is basically the playbook for both parties now. Swalwell and all politicians need to start looking at their own side and cooling down the rhetoric. Otherwise they are just part of the problem.
See here’s the thing. I’m not blaming “the other side” for promoting violence. I’m blaming Donald Trump.
There are other guilty people here on both sides. @Max Power is absolutely correct to assert that during the George Floyd protests/riots, there were certain politicians on the left who defended the violence and they are also responsible for some of the threats we have today. And so are other politicians on the right. But nobody is MORE responsible than Donald Trump. He contributed more to this atmosphere of hate than any other single person.
Did Trump help anyone meet bail? I’m pretty certain members of the Biden Team donated to bailing out these violent rioters from the summer of love.
That turned out poorly.

They aren't. I doubt the guy making the threat who claimed to be gay actually is - think he just made it up in the belief it would give his criticism of Biden some credibility.

That turned out poorly.

They aren't. I doubt the guy making the threat who claimed to be gay actually is - think he just made it up in the belief it would give his criticism of Biden some credibility.
So you want to pick and choose what aspects of the threat are real and which aren't. Just as long as we can blame Trump at the end, its all good.

What's your evidence to support this?

That turned out poorly.

Link to this?

That turned out poorly.

So you want to pick and choose what aspects of the threat are real and which aren't. Just as long as we can blame Trump at the end, its all good.

What's your evidence to support this?

So you want to pick and choose what aspects of the threat are real and which aren't.

He could have said he belonged to BLM but I would not believe that unverified claim either.

Swalwell has been a strong supporter of LGBT+ rights, so it seems unlikely to me that a gay man would have an axe to grind with him.

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990
US House candidate, CA-14
No matter what, do not lose sight of the fact that there are more of US than there are of them.

#StrengthInNumbers
More democrats than republicans? More patriots than January 6th participants? More what than what?

What's your issue here max?
Exactly... this man is running for re-election stoking fears.

And he followed it with a tweet from some instagram yahoo "threatening" him about his inital tweet. The guy is an absolute clown fishing for conflict.

But going off his posting history, everyone can safely assume it's the left vs right civil war he thinks is brewing.

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990
No matter what, do not lose sight of the fact that there are more of US than there are of them.

#StrengthInNumbers
More democrats than republicans? More patriots than January 6th participants? More what than what?

And he followed it with a tweet from some instagram yahoo "threatening" him about his inital tweet. The guy is an absolute clown fishing for conflict.

But going off his posting history, everyone can safely assume it's the left vs right civil war he thinks is brewing.
:shrug:
It is left vs right and right vs left. In every single election. Seems odd to pick this one guy's tweets out when there are dozens if not hundreds of other congress people who stoke the same thing

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990

#StrengthInNumbers

:shrug:
It is left vs right and right vs left. In every single election. Seems odd to pick this one guy's tweets out when there are dozens if not hundreds of other congress people who stoke the same thing
So this time of year the stoking is ok? Got it.

And Swalwell is a sad man because he incites and then complains about it.

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990

#StrengthInNumbers

Exact opposite is true. Swalwell wants nothing to do with violence.

Hilarious that you ignore real violence on the right but then try to invent stuff out of thin air on the left.

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990

#StrengthInNumbers

Hilarious that you ignore real violence on the right but then try to invent stuff out of thin air on the left.
Swalwell's political platform is just slam Trump and MAGA. That's apparently all one needs to get the California vote. I guess I'm just jealous he has it so easy.

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990

#StrengthInNumbers

Swalwell's political platform is just slam Trump and MAGA. That's apparently all one needs to get the California vote. I guess I'm just jealous he has it so easy.
As opposed to every MAGA republican that simply calls the left socialists and evil and election stealers? You are blind to what is going on

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990

#StrengthInNumbers

Yeah because 2 years of antifa and BLM tearing across this country is all stuff invented out of thin air. :doh:

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell
View attachment 2990

#StrengthInNumbers

As opposed to every MAGA republican that simply calls the left socialists and evil and election stealers? You are blind to what is going on
Nope. You guys despise them when they do it right? Why defend swalwell? The man is ugly hearted.

Yeah because 2 years of antifa and BLM tearing across this country is all stuff invented out of thin air. :doh:
Yes...because claiming those two "organizations" have been tearing across the country for 2 years would be inventing things out of thin air.

Users who are viewing this thread