What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Established IDP/ Dynasty Lg./$15/ 52 starters weekly (no typo)/ n (1 Viewer)

OldManParsons

Footballguy
Hey guys. This lg was started in 2008 and so far we've had minimal owner turnover. This year unfortunately we lost three... two original owners... brothers... but one is getting married and the other is now having child #3 so time just won't be there for them... and the third guy was in somewhere around 30 lgs but is cutting back to but a few now that his own kid is in the sport playing years... and attending those practices/games eats a lot of time. I mention this only to answer any questions of "why three openings?"
Total Starters: 52 ....
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 4
Number of Starting WR+TEs: 10
Number of Starting DTs: 5
Number of Starting DEs: 6
Number of Starting LBs: 10
Number of Starting CBs: 7
Number of Starting Ss: 8
The league site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/42804

Please go in and look at rules... then bylaws... top performers to see how players pan out... and check H2H games if you want last yr to see how close some games get.

I have three of these style leagues I commish. I got tired of watching the guy who had 3-4 stud players have such an advantage. I said to myself "the real NFL is NOTHING like this!" ...the Lions are proof of that! In the real NFL it takes a team to win... as it will in this league also. If you are seriously weak in one area it will be exploited and you will lose.
This yr. we are starting about 10 players more than we had in past yrs. In my other lgs we had always done that and it made the league much more fun for it. Now that DE who only gets 10 snaps a game may be the difference between you winning or losing.
Don't let the size of this scare you away... (reminds me of a T'shirt I seen at bike week that read "don't let my big **** scare you ...I'm really a nice guy" lmao... seriously though.. don't get intimidated by the number of starters and roster size (90 with a 30 man taxi squad and 30 man Injured Reserve). You will learn the players you don't know... and a depth chart will be your best friend until you do.
Truthfully once you play in a league like this for a year or two you'll never be able to enjoy a regular small league again the same way. It just ain't the same as it is like you finally tore the training wheels off and rode free for the first time... and you never realized how constrained you were until being let free. All of that knowledge that you have in a standard league goes to waste mostly as you only start 8 to maybe 20 the most players... so it comes down to should I start Stud A or Stud B... well that's a 50-50 shot more or less... luck plays too much part of who wins and loses. In this league luck still has a part but a lot less of a part. Knowledge plays a much bigger role so you get rewarded for your dedication to your team.... or punished for being a slackascs ;)
The name of the lg is the Irish Catholic Lg. - you certainly do NOT need to be Irish or Catholic to join. I am the only one in it whom is both I believe... and I am Traditional Catholic not the Catholic you see today anyway... so don't let the name make you think that it is only for Irish Catholics lol. It's just a name.
Email me if interested or reply on here. I work all day but I'll try and keep a check if/when I can.. if not I will look when I get home in the evenings.
My email is: Catholic.1@hotmail.com - I hope to hear from a few of you soon!
PS... I will be starting a new lg like this from scratch also this yr... once this lg is filled.... and I think I should have 3-4 openings left in that one. That will be the same format more or less but a slow build into a keep all dynasty.. so that way if year one draft didn't quite go as you would have liked you will get a chance to rectify it somewhat the next few yrs. That I will discuss further though once the Irish Lg is filled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread