What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Exploit/Avoid Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
RB

CMC-Pollard-Bijan-Henry(Toe)-Jacobs-Mixon-Gibbs-KWIII-Etienne-J.Cook

That is your Top 10 projections this week across numerous sites
Gibbs seems like a reach at No 7 based on what we have seen but with Monty OUT, the thinking here is the Lions load up on Gibbs or he has a breakout day. It’s hard to imagine another RB taking the number of carries that Montgomery was, even Gibbs.
Is that James Cook hitting the Top 10 already in Week 3?

Swift- Drafted RB 25-30+
K.Williams- Undrafted in some leagues, Akers went about RB20-23
R.Mostert- Up to No 13 this week, are these the names you thought you would see?
Stevenson
Connor
J.Ford-seems pretty high but Cleveland would be wise to run the football.
R.White
M.Sanders
A.Mattison, will have a new buddy in Cam Akers to share touches with now.
Josh Kelley…I have a very hard time accepting him as a Top 20 RB on any week.

That is the approximate Top 20 accumulated from a few sites.

Javonte Williams-Slow start, not likely to be running out the clock on the Miami Dolphins
Zack Moss- Coming in in the Top 25 after last week
BRob Jr-No 3 overall for RB in FF, and he is so underrated right now.
Najee Harris- Was a 1st Rd FF pick in ‘22, the mighty have fallen
Dillon-Didn’t perform well when Jones was out of the line up last week
Pacheco- On the injury report but likely to play. Looked good last week in limited touches.
Edwards- Yes
Pierce- His week is coming, getting plenty of touches
Warren- Another Top 30 RB for the Steelers?
Herbert- I thought he was losing his starting spot

That makes 30 before we even discuss Breece Hall for example, and we need to

WR

JJ-Hill-Adams-Diggs-ARSB
Lamb-Chase-K.Allen-AJBrown-D.Smith
Higgins-Olave-Nacua-Ridley-Evans
Lockett-Metcalf(Inj)-Deebo-Waddle(Concussion)-Mike Williams

That is your Top 20, how is Adams not in concussion protocol after that hit this past Sunday?

Nico Collins-Has risen up the polls lately
C.Kirk-Not this again…went from 1/9 to 11/110 on 14 targets, What’s Normal?
A.Cooper-I assume he is not any more injured than he was on MNF?
Pittman- ARich or Minshew at QB?
Pickens- Had a big TD on MNF, opp to be the WR1 for Pitt/Pickett
Addison- Having early success as a rookie
Flowers- Slow week 2
Aiyuk-Shoulder/Chest, questionable tonight I believe
DJ Moore- Keep in mind Fields is the Quarterback
Garrett Wilson-Ouch, all the way down to No 30

Gabe Davis, Jerry Jeudy and Drake London, who barely cracks the top 40, think all of them could rise higher than their current projections for the week.

QB

Mahomes-Allen-Hurts-Jackson-Cousins(WOW!)

That’s the Top 5 that you have a hard time benching even for guys like some of the names we are about to look at

Tua-Season opener at home, I expect a strong showing after a below avg game at NE
Herbert
Goff- Do you trust him this week vs a potential tough defense
Geno- Falcons and Saints each had a hard time throwing at will vs Carolina
T.Lawrence- Should light it up this week after a subpar Week 2

Burrow- Calf injury limiting him
Fields- Off to a rough start
Prescott- Lopsided games to this point
Russ Wilson- Could be playing from behind
Watson- Looks terrible so far
Jordan Love- Wait until he gets 3 healthy WRs on the field at the same time.

Chargers 0-2 at Vikings 0-2

-Josh Kelley is not a good start when Ekeler is OUT, check out his career totals, the man hardly ever scores a TD. I was lucky by like 1 point to scrape a couple wins out in some of my leagues last week or I would probably be even more irritated with him. When he has a chance to shine he tends to come up small, that’s how I would frame it. And I know the Vikings gave up 1,000 yards to Swift last week but nothing about Kelley is as explosive as Swift.

-Addison is approaching weekly starter status. Big TD last week, doesn’t get a lot of targets but is productive and makes plays. Look what Miami did to them in Week 1.

Colts 1-1 at Ravens 2-0

-We might not know ARich’s availability until game time but he is in concussion protocol due to him voluntarily signaling that something wasn’t right in the Houston game. Hats off to the kid understanding the importance of his long term health. With the luxury of Gardner Minshew as the back up, might be wise for Indy to give Richardson this Sunday off and let him learn on the sidelines for a week and then grab the controls back, be the backup in case Minshew has to leave the game.

Or allow Richardson to enter the game inside the 5-10 yd line to possibly run it in. I’m only talking about 1 week, the offense has looked good with Richardson out there, the Colts need him for the entire season which is why I would rest him this week hoping he doesn’t miss another start the rest of the way.

-Zack Moss had a strong game last week, doubtful he can equal the same numbers vs Baltimore this week but I have seen him hovering in the Top 20-25 so a lot of folks are still going to plug him in, some have no choice.

-For the Ravens, it does seem as though Gus Edwards does more with less. The split was actually 11 carries for Hill, 10 for Edwards and Gus had the TD as well, he seems like the safer bet of the two of them. Snap count leans in favor of Hill, doesn’t seem to be a huge factor here.

-Andrews back at Tight End and Wide Receivers become a distant 2nd in game plan.

Titans 1-1 at Browns 1-1

-Henry has 210 total yds and a TD in 2 games including 40 carries, 25 last week in the victory…how long can he keep that up at his advanced RB age? I’m kidding a little here, he’s proven he can carry a large load but one has to think Spears is going to be involved more as the season moves further along. Spears 11/76 on the ground so far…wow!

Update: Henry is on the injured list but that's not uncommon and he usually does not miss fame time but monitor this closely)

-No Titans WR is really a strong play right now. I expect the Browns to dig in hard this week with Chubb out, the injury likely had a significant impact on the team, next game they will know they must play extra hard to overcome that kind of injury to a star RB-skill player. I don’t expect the Titans to iron out their passing attack against Cleveland on the road, they ‘re much better off using a 1-2 punch at RB to set up a few pass plays.

-A moment of silence for Nick Chubb, a brutal injury and we wish him the best on his recovery, just hoping the guy can walk right. And I hope someone will see if Chubb is interested in jumping into the booth and perhaps give us some insights inside the huddle and with the new offenses we haven’t heard since perhaps Romo broke into the booth setting a new benchmark.

-If Ford is around you want to grab him even with Hunt being brought back into the fold. Ford will be given opportunities to nail down the starting job but it won’t look like Chubb. Expect Hunt to take over in passing situations including 3rd Down, highly doubtful he becomes the primary ball carrier although the way this offense is looking, there might not be a great reward for any Cleveland RB, especially the next few weeks they have tougher run defenses. Titans, Ravens, Bye-Niners…not gonna get a ton of production the next 4 weeks so take it easy on the ALL IN stuff.

-What’s worse than having 1 Cleveland WR on your roster, how about 2 of them? Cooper had a decent game in PPR despite a late injury popping up, assume he plays this week

Last edited:
Texans 0-2 at Jaguars 1-1

-Pierce is a nice buy low right now. Stroud looks alright and I believe the offense will get better but they do have some OL issues. Singletary isn’t doing any better with his carries, both of them are well under 3 yds a clip right now. In redraft I would bet you could find an owner nervous with Pierce since they likely drafted him based on the ADP, 4th-5th round, those are softer targets than guys drafted in the 1st or 2nd even when they are also buy low prospects.

-Nico Collins and Tank Dell are both doing well right now. I would not start Tank but he is worth a flyer as your last WR at the end of the bench. The Texans are likely to lose 12+ games, they are going to push with Stroud and see what they need for the offense. Tunsil was OUT last week at Left Tackle, not sure of his current status.

-If Zay Jones misses this week, Kirk is almost an Auto Start even though the two of them do not line up at the same spot. Kirk had 14 targets and 11/110, some folks might just want to try and trade him, Ridley by far is going to have the best stats of all receivers on this team.

Patriots 0-2 at Jets 1-1 (BarnBurner)

-Hunter Henry is turning into a weekly starter in this offense which lacks a lot of speed and downfield weapons.

-New England is down 3 or 4 Offensive Linemen, promoting guys from the practice squad, there is a reason they look pitiful at times. Maybe Belichick was mad at the Refs or maybe he was mad at his offense in general when he rolled down that Walmart sock and grabbed the red flag the way your grandma likes to hide and pull money from her bra.
-Nathanial Hackett is public enemy No 1 right now, completely derailing the ground game when the Jets need it most. He makes it very difficult to have any trust with guys like Breece Hall or Dalvin Cook who continue to look unimpressive.

-Garrett Wilson is an amazing WR but he is not going to be able to live up to his draft spot with Zach Wilson chucking him the ball. You must start him but the reality is you have no idea what is going to happen, makes him a WR3/Flex type but you can’t look at him that way because when he hits he tends to hit big. Amazing athlete, could be one of the best in the NFL and limited in this offense right now.

Saints 2-0 at Packers 1-1

-Jamaal Williams is OUT, Kendre Miller appears to benefit but the Saints used Tony Jones extensively. The reality is the Saints have won 2 games scoring 16 and 20. With Kamara coming back, you have 1 game to perhaps make an exploit and it looks a little fuzzy right now. MoP also expects the Packers to BLOW OUT the Saints as they travel on a short week after MNF, the Packers were ahead and blew a lead vs Atlanta after they ripped the Bears.

-Olave and Thomas are out there most of the time on offense, Shaheed is running about 50% of the snaps and I do like his production, I think he might be worth a start when Bye weeks become more of an issue week to week. I also think the Saints will be playing from behind and that might open the playbook more, we could see Shaheen even as a 3rd WR hit paydirt.

-The Packers…Wason simply is not there right now, Doubs did his usual let down after you get some hope in Week 1, he’s still a work in progress. Enter Jayden Reed and if you don’t know him yet, you might want to get to know him. He was the #50 overall pick this past NFL Draft, 2nd Rd Western Michigan and there is room in this offense for multiple WRs, I think Watson is really good but it’s possible this kid pushes for time. Aaron Jones is nursing a hamstring and there’s been room for other to fill the void on big plays. 2/48 in the opener, 4/37/ and 2 Touchdowns last week against the Falcons, keep an eye on him if Watson is OUT again, even if Watson is a go, Reed has some chemistry with Love.

Broncos 0-2 at Dolphins 2-0

-Waddle is in concussion protocol, check his status but it’s possible Miami gives him a week off and utilizes Berrios/Cracraft/EE.

-Miami has found another run of games for Mostert after last SNF 2 TD performance vs the Patriots. No other Miami RB is getting enough meaningful snaps to be any threat to Mostert right now. 6th Overall in many of my redrafts as we enter Week 3. Do I expect him to stay there? Absolutely not but it gives you a taste for what a true star RB might be able to do if they were fed 15-18+ touches a week in this offense.

-Javonte Williams does not feel like the same RB, 13 and 12 carries his first 2 weeks, not many chunk plays, 9 targets have racked up a whopping 19 yards. Miami is a fast track and RBs tend to do well there but right now the Denver offense is slow including Javonte.

-Jeudy should look a little better this week but it still may take a couple games for him to look like a true WR1 in this offense. Focus on Mims, the rookie who needed just 2 catches last week to clear 100+ yds and a TD.

Bills 1-1 at Commanders 2-0

-After a slow start we saw Gabe Davis finish with 6/90+/TD and it adds up to over 21 in PPR, he’s never going to be a steady eddie, it’s feast or famine but that all adds up to about 1,000 yds and 8 TD if you were to take his numbers last year and factor in his injuries, he’s on pace to break those easily. He’s running about Top 30 overall at WR, continue to use him as your WR3/Flex option, he was about WR 40-45 off the board, good returns so far.

-James Cook is dominating the snap count, #9 overall right now. I don’t want to celebrate but a lot of folks were tooting his horn over the summer and Cook is coming thru so far. 111 total yd and 4 receptions avg per game right now. Between 15-20 touches a week, can’t ask for more can you? Touchdowns are coming, be patient. He’d be Top 3-5 with a couple of those added on so just relax.

-Kincaid 10 targets, Knox 9 targets, combined they almost equal the 20 targets to Diggs

-The entire Washington air attack feels like a WRBC with McLovin seizing the inside track to having the most production. Camp reports were glowing for Dotson and he flashed some big skills last year but thus far he is nothing more than a hole in most lineups. In leagues with limited roster space, he might be a waiver wire candidate at the moment. “Buy Low Buy Low” yeah OK you keep wheeling him out there, until i see a pulse or some production, I am sitting him on the bench.

-Brian Robinson on the other side is almost a must start right now, he is in the 15-20 touch range weekly, much of it on the ground, keep using him as your RB2. He might not be explosive but he is the guy they turn to in the red zone. Washington offense plods a lot but that’s what you want, lots of carries and touches for your starting RB.

Falcons 2-0 at Lions 1-1

-So maybe starting BOTH Atlanta Running Backs is going to be a bad idea as we found out last week. Bijan is quickly establishing himself as the more productive of the 2 RBs, most knew that but Tyler is still going to get a share of the touches most weeks. Atlanta wants to run the football as often as possible, that’s not great news for London and Pitts. Each of them has less targets than Bijan, about 4-5 per game, going to be hard to ever start either of them with Ridder at QB.
At the moment, there isn’t much to see past Bijan in this offense.

-The Lions are exciting to watch, Monty is OUT this week but he has a 37-14 carry advantage over Gibbs, I don’t see Detroit giving Gibbs 15-20 carries in this game, in fact I think they will use an air attack with Goff-ARSB-Josh Reynolds and La Porta at Tight End, he spreads it around, Gibbs also will see plenty of targets out of the back field. Gibbs role could change at any given moment with Monty out but I would still not plan on a huge number of touches. Gibbs does appear to have the ability to make some big plays/chunk plays with his explosiveness.

-I did mention Josh Reynolds, would make sure he is rostered. He is not consistent but while there is an opening for a 2nd WR in this offense, he has filled that void well so far.

Panthers 0-2 at Seahawks 1-1

-Despite getting a sizable advantage in touches and snaps, Sanders is not outproducing Hubbard by much in terms of overall yardage and Hubbard is avg a whopping 7 yds per carry right now…ok, 6.9!

-Thielen is about the only thing worth a look at receiver right now, Young has struggled to start his career and plays small so far. He looks physically outmatched but that’s a very early observation, the team is a work in progress right now and I’m not sure he has the weapons he needs to help him succeed yet.

-Seattle has given up 61 points so far, there is likely to be some points for Carolina this week but thus far the offense has been stagnant.

-Many of the catches and targets by Geno so far have been the short variety if you check the yds per catch by a couple of the Seattle Wideouts. Maybe that will change when the OL is full strength and they can set up for deeper shots. Right now a lot of it is channeling thru Kenny Walker, look for teams to catch on and that to eventually change.

Bears 0-2 at Chiefs 1-1

-Neither offense has looked particularly special so far. Cole Kmet leads the WR/TE with 13 targets, Moore only has 9 targets so far after 2 starts.

-Herbert and Johnson are a total mess right now, Johnson has a nice rushing avg but very limited touches after a promising Week 1.

-Pacheco and Toney both on the injury report. Kelce should be a little more like Kelce this week and maybe they snaps the offense out of this rut they are in. Seems like a good week for the rookie to make another appearance and further cloud the elusive roles of the WR1 and WR2 in this offense.

Dallas 2-0 at Arizona 0-2

-Cooks likely OUT, would be a good week for Gallup to make his once or twice a year appearance. Dallas is likely to be blowing the Cards out but to Arizona’s credit they could easily be 2-0 right now.

-If you have Hollywood Brown, you keep rolling him out. Just 80 yds and a TD total but 15 targets, eventually he will have bigger games. Against Dallas perhaps not but they will be playing from behind and that means potential garbage time stats to add on. He’s being projected outside the Top 40 for good reason but I think he has a chance to be Flex worthy this week.

Last edited:
1st Round Running Backs

CMC- Going Great
Ekeler- Already missed 1 game
Chubb- Gone for the season
Saquon- OUT tonight and will likely miss 2-3 weeks with an ankle injury
Bijan- Going Great
Tony Pollard- Going Great

2nd Rd Jonathan Taylor missing at least 4 games to start the season

We can find a WR or two to join this list starting with Cooper Kupp

-Landmines at RB continue to be a HUGE problem for building a roster

Last edited:
1st Round Running Backs

CMC- Going Great
Ekeler- Already missed 1 game
Chubb- Gone for the season
Saquon- OUT tonight and will likely miss 2-3 weeks with an ankle injury
Bijan- Going Great
Tony Pollard- Going Great

2nd Rd Jonathan Taylor missing at least 4 games to start the season

We can find a WR or two to join this list starting with Cooper Kupp

-Landmines at RB continue to be a HUGE problem for building a roster
Please continue thread every week. Very nice work! Much appreciated.

RB

That is your Top 10 projections this week across numerous sites
Gibbs seems like a reach at No 7 based on what we have seen but with Monty OUT, the thinking here is the Lions load up on Gibbs or he has a breakout day. It’s hard to imagine another RB taking the number of carries that Montgomery was, even Gibbs.
Is that James Cook hitting the Top 10 already in Week 3?

Swift- Drafted RB 25-30+
K.Williams- Undrafted in some leagues, Akers went about RB20-23
R.Mostert- Up to No 13 this week, are these the names you thought you would see?
Stevenson
Connor
J.Ford-seems pretty high but Cleveland would be wise to run the football.
R.White
M.Sanders
A.Mattison, will have a new buddy in Cam Akers to share touches with now.
Josh Kelley…I have a very hard time accepting him as a Top 20 RB on any week.

That is the approximate Top 20 accumulated from a few sites.

Javonte Williams-Slow start, not likely to be running out the clock on the Miami Dolphins
Zack Moss- Coming in in the Top 25 after last week
BRob Jr-No 3 overall for RB in FF, and he is so underrated right now.
Najee Harris- Was a 1st Rd FF pick in ‘22, the mighty have fallen
Dillon-Didn’t perform well when Jones was out of the line up last week
Pacheco- On the injury report but likely to play. Looked good last week in limited touches.
Edwards- Yes
Pierce- His week is coming, getting plenty of touches
Warren- Another Top 30 RB for the Steelers?
Herbert- I thought he was losing his starting spot

That makes 30 before we even discuss Breece Hall for example, and we need to
Ford is going to be good, but Titans def seems like a buzzkill right now, Ford will get his #'s just nothing spectacular. Underdog sports has him as a top 15 RB.
for these:
Toss out Henry he might not play, toss out Jacobs until he produces that 'wow' game you can't use him. Mixon? really?? toss him. Let's remove those, and add in the following:
Joshua Kelley - Minnys defense is a legit sieve. they can't stop the run.at all. THIS is the week to use Kelley, and not drop him or panic because of last weeks game against Tn. he was on the field for like 80% of the plays, even on rz plays. watch him bust it for 140 yards and 2 long TDs.
I'm not sure a ND rb belongs anywhere near the top 20 on a weekly basis. Aside from Bettis, what other ND RB has been worth anything in the NFL?!? It's the same with Penn state RBs, or Ohio St QBs, and Wisco RBs. no thanks. I'd have to see it to believe it.
so I would have it like the following:
cmc-bijan robinson, Etienne, Kelley, Cook, Mostert, A. Jones or Dillon, Gibbs, Edwards.
Herbert might be a sneaky good play here, j. fields shooting his mouth off is going to make the coaching staff tell him hand it off left, right, lef , right ALL game long. wouldn't be surprised to see them stifle fields and make him be a robot out there. hell, it's likely to get them a win - keep the ball out of his hands and let others make plays. Moss has a good shot at stats here they have no one else to go to.
I'd be inclined to put breida on this top 20 list. playing his old team, as the starter in NY, might have a chip on his shoulder. Giants usually play SF tough so who knows.

CMC- Pollard -Bijan- Henry (Toe)- Jacobs - Mixon - Gibbs -KWIII- Etienne -J. Cook
Toss out Henry he might not play, toss out Jacobs until he produces that 'wow' game you can't use him. Mixon? really?? toss him. Let's remove those, and add in the following:
Joshua Kelley - Minnys defense is a legit sieve. they can't stop the run.at all. THIS is the week to use Kelley, and not drop him or panic because of last weeks game against Tn. he was on the field for like 80% of the plays, even on rz plays. watch him bust it for 140 yards and 2 long TDs.
I'm not sure a ND rb belongs anywhere near the top 20 on a weekly basis. Aside from Bettis, what other ND RB has been worth anything in the NFL?!? It's the same with Penn state RBs, or Ohio St QBs, and Wisco RBs. no thanks. I'd have to see it to believe it.
cmc-bijan robinson, Etienne, Kelley, Cook, Mostert , A. Jones or Dillon, Gibbs, Edwards.
First, big thanks to MoP for the thread.

I've been flipping between Mixon and Mostert this week. I'm trying to be patient but Mostert has outscored Mixon both weeks (in standard scoring) and seems to have the better matchup this week.

CMC- Pollard -Bijan- Henry (Toe)- Jacobs - Mixon - Gibbs -KWIII- Etienne -J. Cook
cmc-bijan robinson, Etienne, Kelley, Cook, Mostert , A. Jones or Dillon, Gibbs, Edwards.
First, big thanks to MoP for the thread.

I've been flipping between Mixon and Mostert this week. I'm trying to be patient but Mostert has outscored Mixon both weeks (in standard scoring) and seems to have the better matchup this week.

Ricky Watters. Going back aways Greg Bell. That Horning guy was pretty good. 😊

FWIW, Zay Jones is out, and so is Derek Stingley Jr. and Tavierre Thomas for HOU’s secondary. That has to bump Christian Kirk up to startable this week.
11/110 last week after a dud Week 1

5-6 receptions, maybe this week he finds pay dirt.
I actually think Colts have a chance to stay in this game, that would create more opps in the Air Attack for Jax

FWIW, Zay Jones is out, and so is Derek Stingley Jr. and Tavierre Thomas for HOU’s secondary. That has to bump Christian Kirk up to startable this week.
Kirk is always startable imo. He's inconsistent because they have a lot of talented players to target but he's a solid flex imo.
He seems to be somewhat dependent on the type of defense the opponent plays. He’s far more playable against man-coverage heavy teams (like KC last week) than against zone.

Houston has been generally pretty zone heavy (as manifested through Kirk’s terrible score lines vs HOU in both games last year), but with missing key defensive personnel and Zay out as well, it hopefully matters less for this week.

Deon Jackson released...
Looking less and less like Taylor will be traded so it begs a few questions

-Is he really going to suit up and play? He actually will get service time if that's what it's called, 4 weeks on IR and now he probably only has to show his face in about 4 more games. I understand that's a pitiful POV but it's the truth. I don't think Taylor would do that but it's an option for him.

Zach Moss has to be a decent play vs Baltimore, yes/no?
I saw him hovering 20-25 this week, a TD and he easily should be Top 15.
The Ravens have played the Texans and a Bengals team that's a shell of themselves right now with Burrow ailing

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF Burrow is OUT
-Is Chase still a WR1? Do you believe he will still be a Top 10-12 is what I'm getting at?
-What happens to Tee Higgins?

Josh Kelley
Who is ready for Rd 2?

On the one hand you're thinking exploit or at the least, why would you roster the guy if you won't play him?
On the other hand he is a very underwhelming RB yet I see him in the Top 10-15 across the board on many sites, where is the Shark Pool on this?

I'm still trying to spit out the awful taste of last week's 3 point doink on Tennessee...oh I know the Titans run defense is second to none, still nothing in the pass attack either.

Josh Kelley
Who is ready for Rd 2?

On the one hand you're thinking exploit or at the least, why would you roster the guy if you won't play him?
On the other hand he is a very underwhelming RB yet I see him in the Top 10-15 across the board on many sites, where is the Shark Pool on this?

I'm still trying to spit out the awful taste of last week's 3 point doink on Tennessee...oh I know the Titans run defense is second to none, still nothing in the pass attack either.
The Vikings cannot stop the run at all. Their strategy against the Eagles was to focus on preventing big pass plays. If they do the same thing again, Kelley could potentially have a game like Swift did last week.

I’m not great with quotes on this thing, and I don’t mean to call anyone out, but on the topic of Notre Dame, Penn State, and Wisconsin RB’s that were worth anything in the NFL:

Notre Dame:
Ricky Watters (consistently top 10 fantasy RB for his whole career except his last)
Julius Jones (low end RB2/high end RB3 in fantasy his first three seasons)
Ryan Grant (finished as fantasy RB15, RB22, and RB8 his first three seasons)

Penn State:
Larry Johnson, Saquon Barkley, and Miles Sanders all had fantasy impact of various levels in the last few decades, though their bust rate at the position is pretty historic

Wisconsin:
It’s not great after Melvin Gordon and Jonathan Taylor

Definitely true on Ohio State quarterbacks. The greatest NFL QB that played there didn’t finish his college career there, and Justin Fields has shown so far to be a much better runner than passer and the jury is still out on C.J. Stroud, way way too early to call with him.

As for staying on topic I agree if there’s any week to start Kendre Miller it’s this week. Once Alvin Kamara returns that’ll be it for Miller’s standalone value in the immediate term. I personally wouldn’t chase Tony Jones’ points from last week, wouldn’t bet on another 2-TD performance out of him. Saying this as someone with no Saints RB shares of my own.

Watson OUT
A.Jones OUT

Obviously you want to look at Jayden Reed this week, I like him in the absence of Watson
Dillon is not an autostart for me HOWEVER I think the Packers cruise over the Saints

I’m not great with quotes on this thing, and I don’t mean to call anyone out, but on the topic of Notre Dame, Penn State, and Wisconsin RB’s that were worth anything in the NFL:

Notre Dame:
Ricky Watters (consistently top 10 fantasy RB for his whole career except his last)

Penn State:
Larry Johnson, Saquon Barkley, and Miles Sanders all had fantasy impact of various levels in the last few decades, though their bust rate at the position is pretty historic

Wisconsin:

Definitely true on Ohio State quarterbacks. The greatest NFL QB that played there didn’t finish his college career there, and Justin Fields has shown so far to be a much better runner than passer and the jury is still out on C.J. Stroud, way way too early to call with him.
RBs from those colleges run behind mammoth offensive linemen on teams that feature the run like crazy. they they get to the nfl and the line isn't the dominant piece it was while they were in college. reading a similar post on reddit:
"Montee Ball once had an offensive line that included: Gabe Carimi (1st rd), John Moffit (3rd rd), Bill Nagy (a backup, still picked in the 7th), Kevin Zeitler (1st rd), and Peter Konz (2nd rd). The only guy who played on that line who didn't get drafted was Josh Oglesby, who was only a consensus 1st Team All Big Ten selection his senior year. And when those guys get drafted/graduate, they get replaced with guys like Travis Frederick (1st rd), Ricky Wagner (5th rd), and Rob Havenstein (2nd rd)."
Same thing can be said for Nebraska and Ok under osborne and switzer. behemoth offensive lines the blow holes through defenses so big the RB is 6 yards upfield before he's touched by a defender. many college programs want to just feature the run and be done with it.the NFL features the pass its partly why RBs are now devalued.
Ron Dayne, Michael Bennett, Brian Calhoun, Clay, Anthony Davis all were great college running backs in Wisconsin that did nothing in the NFL.
thats also true of why ND RBs suck at the next level - great rhinos up front playing soft schedules like south east central Connecticut A&M. theyre high school teams on the ND schedule.always have been they get all the breaks and play the 'tough' games at ND. same with Penn St save for Barkley and Miles Sanders.
the same logic applies to QBs - many/nearly ALL ohio state QBs fail at the next level. Stroud looks promising but it's only 2 games. USC QBs have been pretty much a laughing stock at the next level , it's easy to throw to wide open WRs who are on another gear than their defensive counterpart CB/db.

conversely, WRs from certain schools THRIVE at the next level. WRs from teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida State, etc.
They called Penn State 'Linebacker U' for a reason the spit out studs year after year.

it also helps to have players from south east florida which is the mecca of football , sorry Texas!
so there's plenty of logic behind why Wi, Penn St, ND RBs suck at the nfl level. if you actually watch football , you might understand this.

Notre Dame:

Penn State:

Wisconsin:

RBs from those colleges run behind mammoth offensive linemen on teams that feature the run like crazy. they they get to the nfl and the line isn't the dominant piece it was while they were in college. reading a similar post on reddit:
"Montee Ball once had an offensive line that included: Gabe Carimi (1st rd), John Moffit (3rd rd), Bill Nagy (a backup, still picked in the 7th), Kevin Zeitler (1st rd), and Peter Konz (2nd rd). The only guy who played on that line who didn't get drafted was Josh Oglesby, who was only a consensus 1st Team All Big Ten selection his senior year. And when those guys get drafted/graduate, they get replaced with guys like Travis Frederick (1st rd), Ricky Wagner (5th rd), and Rob Havenstein (2nd rd)."
Same thing can be said for Nebraska and Ok under osborne and switzer. behemoth offensive lines the blow holes through defenses so big the RB is 6 yards upfield before he's touched by a defender. many college programs want to just feature the run and be done with it.the NFL features the pass its partly why RBs are now devalued.
Ron Dayne, Michael Bennett, Brian Calhoun, Clay, Anthony Davis all were great college running backs in Wisconsin that did nothing in the NFL.
thats also true of why ND RBs suck at the next level - great rhinos up front playing soft schedules like south east central Connecticut A&M. theyre high school teams on the ND schedule.always have been they get all the breaks and play the 'tough' games at ND. same with Penn St save for Barkley and Miles Sanders.
the same logic applies to QBs - many/nearly ALL ohio state QBs fail at the next level. Stroud looks promising but it's only 2 games. USC QBs have been pretty much a laughing stock at the next level , it's easy to throw to wide open WRs who are on another gear than their defensive counterpart CB/db.

conversely, WRs from certain schools THRIVE at the next level. WRs from teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida State, etc.
They called Penn State 'Linebacker U' for a reason the spit out studs year after year.

it also helps to have players from south east florida which is the mecca of football , sorry Texas!
so there's plenty of logic behind why Wi, Penn St, ND RBs suck at the nfl level. if you actually watch football , you might understand this.
Could’ve done without that last sentence. But yes I watch football and am aware those schools aren’t RB factories like Texas or Oklahoma.

I hate Josh Kelley and I hate those who support him, he absolutely is a turd and a HUGE DOWNGRADE from Ekeler

I'm talking to you Mathew Berry with your Applebee's cup full of apple juice during happy hour
Bleep YOU!!!

To even consider benching Kelley for Mostert right now, you need your head examined

Users who are viewing this thread