What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah (1 Viewer)

Bob Magaw

Footballguy
one of the three highest pedigree pass rushers in 2013 draft (jordan 1.3, ansah 1.5 and mingo 1.6)...

ansah and jordan listed as DE (mingo LB)...

drew comparisons from some scouts to JPP, but others said he was far more raw coming out of college...

jene noted technically he is growing in leaps and bounds, which bodes really well for his development...

he is a phenomenal athlete (extremely unusual for college DE, i think he was on his college track team with a personal best 10.9 100 m.) but very inexperienced, so if he can quickly close the gap in terms of technical refinement, we are looking at massive upside...

on bonus plan, won't have to tangle with double teams much with one of best interior DL in NFL...

2 sacks so far against WAS in game 3, so possible breakout alert...

Last edited by a moderator:
had another sack and FF...

on pace for DD sacks and 6 FFs...

I think the scouts that said he shouldn't be compared to JPP were off...

not sure why he can't have that kind of upside in a year or two...

Week 14

Ezekiel Ansah, DE: +2.8 pass rush

Breakdown: Ansah continues to shine in his sophomore season, leading the way among the Lions' pass rushers with seven total QB disruptions. That may be five fewer than his insane 12 from last week, but it's still a terrific number. He's now totaled 50 quarterback pressures on the year, good enough for the second-best Pass Rush Productivity among 4-3 defensive ends at 13.2

Ziggy is dealing with injuries. 

He's a free agent after this year but right now he's damaged goods.

I wonder if Dr. Jene or anyone has any insights on what is up with Zig.

I think he will be back but is this year a washout? 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/10/23/lions-coach-jim-caldwell-struggling-de-ziggy-ansah-fine/791140001/

Lions coach Jim Caldwell: Struggling DE Ziggy Ansah will be fine

...Ansah is currently tied for the team lead with four sacks through six games, but injuries have made him a shell of the player who was one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL in 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread