What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 1 (3 Viewers)

Holy Hell.  I have 2 lineups this week in 50/50 games.  One sits at 141.12 and the other at 162.72 and I am out of the money in all entries!!!   :shock:

Holy Hell.  I have 2 lineups this week in 50/50 games.  One sits at 141.12 and the other at 162.72 and I am out of the money in all entries!!!   :shock:
Good grief - what were the ownership % on some of the players?  I assume that Kamara, Conner, Gronk, Green, and AB were bigly owned?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Shock FD doesn't have any regular games for Sunday night.  This single game stuff is crap.
It really is.  I have warmed to smaller slates, but still like to have at least 3 games to choose from.  

I do have a couple odd LUs in the SNF-MNF gpps though.  

I didn't do 50/50s, but in my double ups, Kamara was at about 65%, Conner 70%. I played them in NFL Huddle, also, where they were only Kamara 29%, Conner 23%. And that's the only game I cleared. Though also because it is the one where I didn't use Saints D or Fournette.  :kicksrock:

I didn't do 50/50s, but in my double ups, Kamara was at about 65%, Conner 70%. I played them in NFL Huddle, also, where they were only Kamara 29%, Conner 23%. And that's the only game I cleared. Tough also because i is the one I didn't have Saints D or Fournette. 
Oof.   Yeah, that will drive up the cash lines a bit.   I guess I am glad I stuck to 3player/5player/gpps today. 

I only entered a private game today but put up 171+.  I've got to think scores were really high this week as the scores in my 4 man contest were 171, 167,150 and 135.  

Shock FD doesn't have any regular games for Sunday night.  This single game stuff is crap.
It really is.  I have warmed to smaller slates, but still like to have at least 3 games to choose from.  

I do have a couple odd LUs in the SNF-MNF gpps though.  
:lmao:   Close to $280,000 in overlay in the Sunday Nite Milly.  I hate single game but played 6 entries.  What's stupid is the top prize will likely be chopped 5000+ ways if Rodgers is the top scorer.

Just squibs, but finished 1st and 6th.  Hit on the afternoon slate for $35.  I have a couple of good Thursday lineups that in the cash with Gurley and some Packers.
NIce! 

I ended up doubling up.  My main LU did 175 so that took a couple 3mans and 3xed in the two gpps that I was in.  Should have gone with my gut and used that in my 10man league, and that would have been another $10.  All my other gpp ideas were duds.  

Were there overlay opportunities this afternoon?  Dodds wrote that with all the changes, there would be plenty.

Sounds great but what is the entry to the WFFC?
$6 mil prize pool for Fan Duels fantasy championship.  There is a live and online championship.  Still learning the details.  I think it's a qualifier to earn a spot in another qualifier for a spot in the finals???  It was only $1 to enter so I gave it shot.  That's the cheap route, or you can just pay the entry fee of $250. 

Anyone else know how this one works? 

$6 mil prize pool for Fan Duels fantasy championship.  There is a live and online championship.  Still learning the details.  I think it's a qualifier to earn a spot in another qualifier for a spot in the finals???  It was only $1 to enter so I gave it shot.  That's the cheap route, or you can just pay the entry fee of $250. 

Anyone else know how this one works? 
Congrats, but stay away from those in the future unless there's 20%+ overlay.  When you play ticker, qualifier, then main event; FD is taking a 15%+ cut each time.

Good grief - what were the ownership % on some of the players?  I assume that Kamara, Conner, Gronk, Green, and AB were bigly owned?  
I just looked at a couple of my entries... Conner was 84%, 81%, and 80% owned.  Kamara was 76%, 71%, 79%...

Congrats, but stay away from those in the future unless there's 20%+ overlay.  When you play ticker, qualifier, then main event; FD is taking a 15%+ cut each time.
This one had no payout.  If it wasn't $1 entry I would have passed.  Kind of like grabbing that soda at the checkout because it's right there and I already spent $200, so what's another $1. 

Thanks for the heads up on those though.  Good to know...  

This one had no payout.  If it wasn't $1 entry I would have passed.  Kind of like grabbing that soda at the checkout because it's right there and I already spent $200, so what's another $1. 

Thanks for the heads up on those though.  Good to know...  
You'll see them with overlay thought the season.  I ended up with close to 50 tickets last year.

$54 in, $50 out in the Sunday Nite Milly with 28% overlay.  Three of six entries cashed.  Mitch getting swamped was my downfall.

Played in the main GPP

218.88 (309 of 457385)

Won $200 on $9 entry. That last Tennessee score knocked me out of the top 150 I think. I had Hunt put up like ~5 points. Not bitter, but had he done anything this week would've been amazing. 

chet said:
Anyone play 50/50s?  What were the cutoffs in those contests?
I played in 3 $2 50/50s and my score of 158.55 didn't cash in any(159.45,162.7,160.4)

Did cash for $5 in a $1 gpp with 185.78 but that was it. $8 in $5 out.

I am too slow on the uptake.  Sure it was a high scoring week because the chalk did well, but my cash line expectation probably needs to movie 10-20pts up now that they did away with the PK spot.  Can't believe I didn't think about that until now.  :bag:

Especially in cash, I am sure 75% will have an RB in the flex, so do we have to have about 135 in mind for a goal in mind instead 120 going forward?  Something like 2.3x?

Gotta say - I sort of missed PK yesterday.  Nothing else, it was an easy way to a get a low % player in your LU for gpps.  

Played in the main GPP

218.88 (309 of 457385)

Won $200 on $9 entry. That last Tennessee score knocked me out of the top 150 I think. I had Hunt put up like ~5 points. Not bitter, but had he done anything this week would've been amazing. 
Nice! - congrats.  

What was your LU?

Damn, I just realized what you posted.  I guess I never looked at the payout structure for that huge gpp.  Beating 457K other entries nets "only" $200.  I enter the big gpps too, but that just reinforces what ridiculous odds they are, and how top ended the payout structure is.  

I am such a low $ bankroll guy and like doing several LUs, but the 25cent gpps are also that way.  I read over and over how I would be better off putting that $4-5 in a couple SE gpps, but always get sucked into having fun building 16 LUs.  I think my best days in MLB were when I put something in a $2-4 gpp, and I am sure a good bit of that is how many few entries I have to beat. 

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Kareem Hunt

RB Melvin Gordon III

WR Tyreek Hill

WR Keenan Allen

WR Emmanuel Sanders

TE Rob Gronkowski

FLEX James Conner

DEF Miami Dolphins
Interesting to see no stack and still that high of a score.  Nice lineup. 

ETA:  I guess by stack, I meant that no QB correlation with your other combos.  

Damn, I just realized what you posted.  I guess I never looked at the payout structure for that huge gpp.  Beating 457K other entries nets "only" $200.  I enter the big gpps too, but that just reinforces what ridiculous odds they are, and how top ended the payout structure is.  

I am such a low $ bankroll guy and like doing several LUs, but the 25cent gpps are also that way.  I read over and over how I would be better off putting that $4-5 in a couple SE gpps, but always get sucked into having fun building 16 LUs.  I think my best days in MLB were when I put something in a $2-4 gpp, and I am sure a good bit of that is how many few entries I have to beat. 
Yeah, I don't feel like grinding games. If I am going to gamble, I am going to gamble to win big. However, the payout structures used to be a lot better IMO. It used to be that if you cashed you got back at least 2-2.5x your entry fee. I usually chose games where 2.5x was the minimum return. Which meant, if I could cash in 30-40% of my games I could (more or less) break even at the end of the year. That stopped two or three years ago. Now, I don't think you can routinely break even playing nothing but GPPs.

$28 left in play tonite, $97 plus two $9 tickets out.  $304 in profit for week 1. 

Tonight I hit 10 of 12 gpps for less than $90 profit.   As someone mentioned before the math just doesn’t seem right even though it is

I usually never enter the Sunday Million, but won a free ticket from a Single Game entry for the PHI/ATL game, and got in the top 35 of the Milly for $3000. 1st place in a few smaller GPPs as well and nearly all of my GPPs cashed. 

Nice start to the season.
nice! I took a look at your lineup. I'm curious, what was it about that game that made you go with both Rivers and Gordon, thinking that they both might go off?

I thought I did well to profit ~$60 last week - some of you guys had great weeks!

I only play GPPs and my plan for this year is similar to last - play multiple lineups in the same GPP (25 cent entry :lol: ) and see what happens.  Last year (at DK) I was all set to win $700 in a 25 cent entry contest until S. Diggs scored that improbably TD against NO in the playoffs :kicksrock:  

I thought I did well to profit ~$60 last week - some of you guys had great weeks!

I only play GPPs and my plan for this year is similar to last - play multiple lineups in the same GPP (25 cent entry :lol: ) and see what happens.  Last year (at DK) I was all set to win $700 in a 25 cent entry contest until S. Diggs scored that improbably TD against NO in the playoffs :kicksrock:  
Thats rough. Ive pretty much given up on cash games for NFL too, I just dont see any edge. The cut line for the big $5 DK 50/50 was 200 points this week, thats more than alot of GPPs I was in. I played around 75% GPPS last week, and I plan to be closer to 90% GPP next week.

I haven't ponied up for the FBG subscriptions for DFS...yet. if anybody uses them, how good were their picks/projections?

nice! I took a look at your lineup. I'm curious, what was it about that game that made you go with both Rivers and Gordon, thinking that they both might go off?
KC DEF is dog####, going both Rivers/Gordon gives you exposure to all of their TDs and with their OC saying his biggest regret last year was not giving Gordon more receptions. I swapped out K. Cole with B. Ellington in most of my GPPs when Fuller was OUT, but not this one which was a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread