What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 4 (1 Viewer)

Again, don't know how you do it, but good on you.  

Also again - feel free to post your specific plays before the games start.  ;)
I pretty much did. Double QBs in contests with overlay. 

12 x 2 entries at 1.50 each. $36 in. 200 tickets, 959 entries.  4 x 2 cashed, $72 out 

15 x 4 x .25 entries for $15  125 tickets with 4100 entries  1 lineup hit for 4 x $9 or $36  l think that lineup was posted in this thread

If keenum hadn’t sucked and Watkins not got hurt it would have been 60-70 tickets  

I struck out in the penny contests for 50 tickets. Those aren’t good target contests as 16 people hit and the 2nd place lineup tied beyond 50th place

I pretty much did. Double QBs in contests with overlay. 

12 x 2 entries at 1.50 each. $36 in. 200 tickets, 959 entries.  4 x 2 cashed, $72 out 

15 x 4 x .25 entries for $15  125 tickets with 4100 entries  1 lineup hit for 4 x $9 or $36  l think that lineup was posted in this thread

If keenum hadn’t sucked and Watkins not got hurt it would have been 60-70 tickets  

I struck out in the penny contests for 50 tickets. Those aren’t good target contests as 16 people hit and the 2nd place lineup tied beyond 50th place
Fair enough.   I either don't understand what overlay is (probably the case) or I'm not seeing the same contests.  Every time I look at the tix contests they seem to be either only 20-30 entries or ones like the penny ones that only pay about 50 out of 50K entries.  Every time I try to chase last minute contests that look like they aren't filling, they seem to magically fill in about 2.2 seconds after I put in an entry.  

Obviously just didn't play the right guys - I had 4 different 2 QB LUs in last night and none of them cashed.    I'll look again for TNF, but when I peeked the first time it felt like Brady and Luck were priced so high that it didn't look like much else could fit in besides those 2 if you went 2QBs.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough.   I either don't understand what overlay is (probably the case) or I'm not seeing the same contests.  Every time I look at the tix contests they seem to be either only 20-30 entries or ones like the penny ones that only pay about 50 out of 50K entries.  Every time I try to chase last minute contests that look like they aren't filling, they seem to magically fill in about 2.2 seconds after I put in an entry.  

Obviously just didn't play the right guys - I had 4 different 2 QB LUs in last night and none of them cashed.    I'll look again for TNF, but when I peeked the first time it felt like Brady and Luck were priced so high that it didn't look like much else could fit in besides those 2 if you went 2QBs.  
I am with you on this.  I tried 2 QB contests last Thursday and this Monday and haven't cashed yet.  I think Ill try again Thursday and then give up on this "easy money."

Not a huge fan of the Thursday slate.  Too many legit options for the Pats and too many unanswered questions.  Who is Indy's RB going to be, could have 4 to chose from.  Can Indy push NE to the point that Brady surpasses his RBs points.  Hilton status and Gronk???

Unless things clear up this may be a slate to avoid.

Here's the best I can come up with...Brady, Luck, Gortkowski, Grant/Rogers, Wilkins.

Allena and Turbin on the radar.

May be time to zig also if Hilton is out...Brady, White, Grant, Ebron, Rogers.

only way i think i can play this slate is if gronk looks like he cant go or may be limited. Dwayne Allen with a majority of snaps at 6000 would make me interested in playing this one. Otherwise, it does look like a total crapshoot on hitting the right players in a 5 man with so many options on both sides of the ball. (I am factoring TY does not play on the short week, and if he does, i bet its as a decoy more than anything)

I'll instead be throwing the same money into some Th-M contests. Scatter my favorite pieces of Th and M games. Fill in the holes around that. 

only way i think i can play this slate is if gronk looks like he cant go or may be limited. Dwayne Allen with a majority of snaps at 6000 would make me interested in playing this one. Otherwise, it does look like a total crapshoot on hitting the right players in a 5 man with so many options on both sides of the ball. (I am factoring TY does not play on the short week, and if he does, i bet its as a decoy more than anything)

I'll instead be throwing the same money into some Th-M contests. Scatter my favorite pieces of Th and M games. Fill in the holes around that. 
:goodposting:

If you're doing this to win money by grinding, then it's very smart to walk away from slates like this.  If it's fun money and you're going for the big win, then this is a very attractive 5 players game.

:goodposting:

If you're doing this to win money by grinding, then it's very smart to walk away from slates like this.  If it's fun money and you're going for the big win, then this is a very attractive 5 players game.
My heart says to go for it, my head says to not be an idiot. Ill go 3/4 with my head. I'll throw 2 entries into the .25 5 man slate gpp with cash prize and hope for the best. use the other 1.50 for 6 entries into the .25 T-M gpp for sunday milly tix. They reward 125 tickets out of 5300 or so players. It comes down to about 1 out of 40 entries win a ticket. not this slate, but this price point is where i've come out with 2 tickets with between 5-10 entries in each tourney that i won one. 

nowhere near the level BnB is pulling back in, but its a start. I count a won ticket as cash. Maybe thats how i enter the sunday milly that i wont pay to play. Maybe thats where i get lucky on the right week with a top finish. Who knows. This is still about gambling and having fun to me so i need to keep that aspect alive. If i go straight grind it out, i'll be in the same place i was when i was playing poker. Burnt out and not wanting to play anymore. I'm trying to approach this year with a much more balanced approach, but I'm always looking for an edge to win. Its just my nature. 

Not a huge fan of the Thursday slate.  Too many legit options for the Pats and too many unanswered questions.  Who is Indy's RB going to be, could have 4 to chose from.  Can Indy push NE to the point that Brady surpasses his RBs points.  Hilton status and Gronk???

Unless things clear up this may be a slate to avoid.

Here's the best I can come up with...Brady, Luck, Gortkowski, Grant/Rogers, Wilkins.

Allena and Turbin on the radar.

May be time to zig also if Hilton is out...Brady, White, Grant, Ebron, Rogers.
I was looking at the contests and was just going to come in to ask this question.  Outside off the turf, and like you said if Hilton is out.  Is it time to try to go against the 2 Qb and load up on Pats?

I think besides Luck, Hines and Rogers are the two Colts I am looking at.     Allen is only 6K and will be popular if Gronk is out, but I am not convinced that will be the route to go - feels more like Edelman in his first game back and White will pick up that slack.  

For 2 QBs I wrote down Brady/Luck + Allen/Hines/PK    I think I like Allen+Hines vs. Rogers+Wilkins, but maybe a mix of those guys?   Another to keep an eye out for on the injury is Hollister for NE.  He's only 5K and could pick up a few looks if Gronk is out.   

For a heavy NE idea I wrote down Brady/White/Michel/Hollister + Adam Vin or Rogers

Now I see these tix contests you guys are talking about - the 25cent where there's 125 tix out of 5300 entries?  Those probably fill up quick, so I will try my hand a couple bucks worth.   Usually when I look it's on the day of, and the satellite ones seem pretty bad.  

Users who are viewing this thread