What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 6 (1 Viewer)

I have success with them by playing both sides, assuming it's a 2 game slate. Choose both QBs form the game you feel will score the most

stack that QB with a # WR and/or a TE, pay up for RBs, take the kicker at home and play the Def at home in the other game unless there is a chalk def playing.

this has done well for me
When you do that, do you use the same core, or different?  Ie would you do Mariota/R.Matthews/Hilton and then Brissett/Matthews/Hilton, or would you use different stacks?

Didn't see if there was injuries or whatnot, but is there a reason that Freeman and Hunt only got 9 carries?  2 weeks in a row for me now of getting on the "workhorse" backs that their coaches seem to forget are part of the team. 

Hunt is so pricey I'm wondering if people will steer clear of him?  Maybe Andy has been saving him for this Raider game?  Thanks for the insight though theres some things brought up ive never considered before.  Any word on if Mariota is playing?

Hunt is so pricey I'm wondering if people will steer clear of him?  Maybe Andy has been saving him for this Raider game?  Thanks for the insight though theres some things brought up ive never considered before.  Any word on if Mariota is playing?
Mariota is playing. That's official. 

When you do that, do you use the same core, or different?  Ie would you do Mariota/R.Matthews/Hilton and then Brissett/Matthews/Hilton, or would you use different stacks?
no, different stacks and that should be #2 WR, so Brisset would be stacked with Moncrief/TE along with the other teams #1 WR, 2 best RBs, home kicker and best D from other game

no, different stacks and that should be #2 WR, so Brisset would be stacked with Moncrief/TE along with the other teams #1 WR, 2 best RBs, home kicker and best D from other game
Cool, thanks.  Dumb question - is Moncrief or Aiken the #2.  I figured Moncrief, but when I glanced, it looked like Aiken was getting more targets. 

Pricing is so loose, I don't think you have to fade him.  I just tried 4 25 cent LUs, and fit him in all 4.  One had 500 left over, and the other 3 were almost 2K left.  If you wanted to go a little contrarian with him I would guess something like Hunt + Henry or Hunt + Mack might do it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
so for the Mon-Thur I have 2 $4 GPP LUs

1. Mariota/Hunt/Murray/Matthews/Hilton/SRoberts/Walker/Tave/KC

2.Brisset/Mack/Hunt/Moncrief/Hill/Crabtree/Kelce/Vinat/KC

Pricing is so loose, I don't think you have to fade him.  I just tried 4 25 cent LUs, and fit him in all 4.  One had 500 left over, and the other 3 were almost 2K left.  If you wanted to go a little contrarian with him I would guess something like Hunt + Henry or Hunt + Mack might do it? 
Yea. that's true.  I've got 10 LUs in the $4 so we shall see......

HOT JESUS!!  Had a great week on FanDuel.  $3,480 in total, $3k just came from the $200K Thu NFL Rush ($40K to 1st, Thu-Mon) tournament where I placed 5th!  That last Henry TD put me from $300 to $3k - I had identical lineups where I split Henry and Murray.  So the Murray lineup was at $300.  Man, just 7 point from $40k grand prize.  

Not sure if this link works if you're not in the tournament.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/21391/contests/21391-211946855/entries/1287252136/scoring

It's been a couple years since I've won a few grand from one tournament!  Feels good to have a good stack of house money to finish off the year.

HOT JESUS!!  Had a great week on FanDuel.  $3,480 in total, $3k just came from the $200K Thu NFL Rush ($40K to 1st, Thu-Mon) tournament where I placed 5th!  That last Henry TD put me from $300 to $3k - I had identical lineups where I split Henry and Murray.  So the Murray lineup was at $300.  Man, just 7 point from $40k grand prize.  

https://www.fanduel.com/games/21391/contests/21391-211946855/entries/1287252136/scoring
That's awesome, congrats!!

Rhythmdoctor said:

Congrats

Overall $265 in $345 out.

Still have Thur-Mon cash LU with RMath tonight sitting at 106.4 and the cash line is at 117(10 entries)

have a 200K Thur GPP $4 sitting at 121.5 that's done and the cash line is at 119.66, looks like I will lose that

and I have a 50K $33 Sun-Mon night GPP sitting at 58.64($80) with Murray/Moncrief/RMath/Succop left that could pay well
Finished with 114.44, good for 20th and $250.00

Rhythmdoctor said:
It's been a couple years since I've won a few grand from one tournament!  Feels good to have a good stack of house money to finish off the year.
Congrats, and this has happened to you before??

Maybe we need more input in this thread from you and megla who seem to be up 100s each week...

Congrats, and this has happened to you before??

Maybe we need more input in this thread from you and megla who seem to be up 100s each week...
Thanks! Yeah, I've probably placed in the 2nd-5th range 4-5 times previously but not in 2016. It's pretty awesome but frustrating being just a point or 2 away from BIG $$$$. I'm grateful nonetheless!

I will add, I think it's fairly easy to nail 5-6 skill players but the difference maker in every tournament I enter, between the top 10 finishers and everyone else is PK and D. A few weeks back I won $30 or so in the big tournament with the $500k grand prize and I had the exact lineup as the winner from QB-WRs, so first 6 skill players. I whiffed on TE, PK & D. I'm going to start doing more analysis on defenses from now on. I got lucky this week on PK and D (Succop and BAL). 

Thanks! Yeah, I've probably placed in the 2nd-5th range 4-5 times previously but not in 2016. It's pretty awesome but frustrating being just a point or 2 away from BIG $$$$. I'm grateful nonetheless!
Gotta ask- do you use this site, another site, or your own research?

Gotta ask- do you use this site, another site, or your own research?
I'm on here a lot in the shark pool but I don't participate or read this or any other DFS related content. I was slightly active in this forum last year though.  I'm in 9 high stakes leagues, 2 dynasties and like 5 regular re-draft leagues and playing FF since 1993. So for me I've been so consumed by FF for so long I just go by that. My research consists of defensive positional rankings and that's pretty much it. 

I will add, I think it's fairly easy to nail 5-6 skill players but the difference maker in every tournament I enter, between the top 10 finishers and everyone else is PK and D. A few weeks back I won $30 or so in the big tournament with the $500k grand prize and I had the exact lineup as the winner from QB-WRs, so first 6 skill players. I whiffed on TE, PK & D. I'm going to start doing more analysis on defenses from now on. I got lucky this week on PK and D (Succop and BAL). 
Pretty basic strategy but I put in here just in case

K-Look for a kicker at home in a high total game and if that game is indoor then its a plus.

DEF- pair your DEF with a strong running game, look for DEF playing rookie/Bad QBs or look for a home D in a low total game.

Don't get caught up in the avoiding a D because you have players going up against that D.  Team D don't score the majority of points based on the points they give up but rather on scoring TDs, getting TO and sacs, all of which can happen even when the team is giving up points

K-Look for a kicker at home in a high total game and if that game is indoor then its a plus.

DEF- pair your DEF with a strong running game, look for DEF playing rookie/Bad QBs or look for a home D in a low total game.

Don't get caught up in the avoiding a D because you have players going up against that D.  Team D don't score the majority of points based on the points they give up but rather on scoring TDs, getting TO and sacs, all of which can happen even when the team is giving up points
Yeah, makes sense and is basically how I select those positions. That was definitely my strategy with BAL this weekend. Thing for me is that I focus so much on the offensive players, I'm usually stuck buying the cheapest of both. $4900 for BAL is probably the most I've spent on D all year. 

I have noticed that it is pretty easying getting those 2-3% plays at these positions, but really have 0 clue where to look for info, especially for K.  I usually try out ones on a team that I think will have a decent chance of moving the ball, but don't have the Rbs or talent to punch it in for TDs. 

I know it always frustrastes and suprises me when I look at teams at the top see something like a Stafford/Tate/Jones stack AND the NO D. 

I guess in the end, turnovers and TDs matter more than those points for points allowed, so looking at DL vs. OL, ints/g, and a team that will have to pass the ball a lot in a game for ideas since they will be prone for more turnovers than a team who runs. 

Really like this tip as so many times the chalk Ds (I am looking at you, Denver and Atl!) and PKs get you a combined 14 points or something, and if you can get those Ks and Ds that combine for 40 points on the week at 2% you are way ahead of the game. 

Yep! Without a doubt D and PK are the difference makers most of the time. I might try picking the bottom 4 PKs and Ds and playing them in every combo with the same 7 core players. This week, the bottom 5 Ds are all playing at home too!

Thanks for reinforcing that - I need to get that out of my head ASAP, as I see it all the time in LUs at the top of gpps. 

As far as K goes, is there anything else to look at.  I assume there has to be a difference between teams with a high total.  Ie - I have gotten stuck a lot of times with Gostkowski or a PK like that in a high total just kicking PATs while some scrub for Houston is attempting 7 FGs. 

I'm on here a lot in the shark pool but I don't participate or read this or any other DFS related content. I was slightly active in this forum last year though.  I'm in 9 high stakes leagues, 2 dynasties and like 5 regular re-draft leagues and playing FF since 1993. So for me I've been so consumed by FF for so long I just go by that. My research consists of defensive positional rankings and that's pretty much it. 
I probably need to simplify my process to this too.  I am bored during the week and probably bombard myself with too many stats.  Look at guys getting touches, bad Ds, remember that talent wins out in the end most of the time - more Pats players, less Browns players. 

Thanks for reinforcing that - I need to get that out of my head ASAP, as I see it all the time in LUs at the top of gpps. 

As far as K goes, is there anything else to look at.  I assume there has to be a difference between teams with a high total.  Ie - I have gotten stuck a lot of times with Gostkowski or a PK like that in a high total just kicking PATs while some scrub for Houston is attempting 7 FGs. 
My personal preference is not to spend high on K, Like I said I look for a home K, in a high total game and love when that is indoors, but I want that kicker to be sub 5000.  This week in my THur-Mon and main slate LUs I went very heavy with Lutz/Succop and had MB exposure in a few GPPs

Yep! Without a doubt D and PK are the difference makers most of the time. I might try picking the bottom 4 PKs and Ds and playing them in every combo with the same 7 core players. This week, the bottom 5 Ds are all playing at home too!
Thanks again.  It really gives me something to think about. I (and I am sure a lot of people) narrow it down to 2-3 Ks and Ds in a couple tiers and just stick with them for everything.  Never really think to keep the same qb/rb/wrs in there and rotate TE/K/D, even though they are probably more volatile than the other positions.  Frankly, I don't like looking at stuff for PK and D.  It's a lot sexier and more exciting to talk about WRs and RBs.

Last question for you two:  Do you mainly just do home Ds?

I see what you mean about cheap home Ds this week.  Teams like GB and NYG vs. qbs with terrible home/road splits, Mia vs. Jets, or Chic vs. Cam are all 4.3 or less this week. 

PKs I wrote down quick at the bottom were Adam V, Elliot (I have a few thur-mon gpps), Crosby, and Gould.

Thanks again.  It really gives me something to think about. I (and I am sure a lot of people) narrow it down to 2-3 Ks and Ds in a couple tiers and just stick with them for everything.  Never really think to keep the same qb/rb/wrs in there and rotate TE/K/D, even though they are probably more volatile than the other positions.  Frankly, I don't like looking at stuff for PK and D.  It's a lot sexier and more exciting to talk about WRs and RBs.
I hear ya and me too!  Typically my strategy is to find a core of players, say 4 RBs, 4 WRs and the 4 QBs for those WRs - and I'll mix and match those 12 players in every possible combo essentially, then I'll use my leftover $$ to scrounge for D and PK.  I think now I'm going to refine that core of skill players down to 2-2-2 and do the above strategy with PK and D.  We'll see how it works.

E2A: obviously 2-3-2

Last edited by a moderator:

I see what you mean about cheap home Ds this week.  Teams like GB and NYG vs. qbs with terrible home/road splits, Mia vs. Jets, or Chic vs. Cam are all 4.3 or less this week. 

PKs I wrote down quick at the bottom were Adam V, Elliot (I have a few thur-mon gpps), Crosby, and Gould.
I think for me it's a bonus if a D I like is at home but I don't exclusively look for it.  I just happened to notice the cheap Ds (which you could argue are poor Ds) are at home this week which makes them 'more likely' (probably not in reality) in my head to outscore their expectations.

I hear ya and me too!  Typically my strategy is to find a core of players, say 4 RBs, 4 WRs and the 4 QBs for those WRs - and I'll mix and match those 12 players in every possible combo essentially, then I'll use my leftover $$ to scrounge for D and PK.  I think now I'm going to refine that core of skill players down to 2-2-2 and do the above strategy with PK and D.  We'll see how it works.
I am just about out of funds, but I will probably try that in some 25cent gpps this week.  Instead of 1 $1gpp, I will try the same combo up top and do 4 different combos of PK/Def in a 25cent gpp.  

I think for me it's a bonus if a D I like is at home but I don't exclusively look for it.  I just happened to notice the cheap Ds (which you could argue are poor Ds) are at home this week which makes them 'more likely' (probably not in reality) in my head to outscore their expectations.
It makes sense with crowd noise (well, not if you are the Chargers) helping to make mistakes and miscommunications on the O more likely. 

Nope, try not to limit myself

Quite frankly, a lot of my 'strategy' is mean reversion. I had Julio on practically every roster because he was 'due'.  I'm gonna load up on him again this week too even if BB supposedly shuts down the opponent's best player.  There's no player more due for a huge game than Julio. I'll ride him until he blows up. 

Quite frankly, a lot of my 'strategy' is mean reversion. I had Julio on practically every roster because he was 'due'.  I'm gonna load up on him again this week too even if BB supposedly shuts down the opponent's best player.  There's no player more due for a huge game than Julio. I'll ride him until he blows up. 
I have been looking at that a little too.  Guys getting volume, but not TDs yet (should've had me on Ingram last week).   That's why I tried Ajayi a bit last week in gpps, and I believe he hasn't scored a TD yet either.  Julio is another, and I think K.Allen is there too.   Oakland and Cooper is another huge one.   If I remember right, didn't Atl and Oak both chance OCs?  I would assume that soon they will figure something out.  Problem for gpps this week is Julio will be hugely popular this week vs. the crappy NE D, but I guess that just means if you like him, just go 50% on him.

Trying to look more at talented guys who have been disappointing vs. less talented guys that have been playing well.  

I have been looking at that a little too.  Guys getting volume, but not TDs yet (should've had me on Ingram last week).   That's why I tried Ajayi a bit last week in gpps, and I believe he hasn't scored a TD yet either.  Julio is another, and I think K.Allen is there too.   Oakland and Cooper is another huge one.   If I remember right, didn't Atl and Oak both chance OCs?  I would assume that soon they will figure something out.  Problem for gpps this week is Julio will be hugely popular this week vs. the crappy NE D, but I guess that just means if you like him, just go 50% on him.

Trying to look more at talented guys who have been disappointing vs. less talented guys that have been playing well.  
Yep.  And that's exactly why I had Ingram in my winning lineup along with Murray/Henry. I actually had Keenan Allen in that lineup as well and he was my one 'bad' pick. 

Another thing I used to do that I'm trying to stop doing so much... because of my contrarian and mean-reversion nature, I have historically avoided players who just had a good game (Bell, A. Brown, AP are examples from week 6.  I think players/teams get hot for stretches so instead of simplifying my mean reversion as 'player X just had a great game, they're due for a bad game', I'm trying to play 'hot' players.  It's tricky though, players seem to get hot for 2-3 games at most and sometimes it's 3 games out of 5 etc.... but yeah, just getting out of trying to over analyze and just get back to basics.  If a stud just had 2 great games and has a great matchup... play that guy again!!

Rhythmdoctor said:

Congrats on the haul. 

Users who are viewing this thread