What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 7 (1 Viewer)

same here, split up zeke and shady to play Ivory so I could upgrade my WRs. Need julio and D Thomas to come thru and graham too
Yep.  I decided to play 2 different cash LUs for just a couple bucks.  What I had written down was my usual 2 stud RBs - One was Tyrod - Gurley/Zeke, the other was Dak - McCoy/Gurley.  IVC seemed to keep telling me to do Ivory and stud, so I went that route.   One is DOA going into the night sitting at 80pts (R.matt, Thielen, MinnD, and Ivory dudding out) with just Gronk left.  The other is at 132   (Mostly Dak, Gurley, and going Rams D over Minny)

I think I am done with the "chalk" Ds for the most part too in cash.  3-4 weeks in a row now of teams like Denver and Minn seeming like the slam dunk play and getting 6pts or less.  (Mostly Dak, Gurley, and going Rams D over Minny)

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably been talked about in past weeks, but do you guys putz with the late swap on your gpps, or do you just leave them be.  If so, what strategy do you use?

Not doing great, but probably could break even on gpps since I have so many LUs with guys from the SNF game.   There are a few sitting at around 130-140 with one maybe 2 players left, and about 5-6 that have about 60 with a game stack in them left.   There is my Thurs -M gpp at about 65pts with just McCoy/Thomas/Bears.  I used that one to fade TNF game and used it mostly as a primetime LU with Wentz/Ertz and the rest from SNF. 

Just curious on what, if anything, you guys look at. 

Despite ivory,hyde, D Thomas and Green sucking all but my Hundley lineup are over 100 and have guys left. Julio in almost all with a Gronk and Freeman. With a little luck I wont lose all my $$$ today.

Probably been talked about in past weeks, but do you guys putz with the late swap on your gpps, or do you just leave them be.  If so, what strategy do you use?

Not doing great, but probably could break even on gpps since I have so many LUs with guys from the SNF game.   There are a few sitting at around 130-140 with one maybe 2 players left, and about 5-6 that have about 60 with a game stack in them left.   There is my Thurs -M gpp at about 65pts with just McCoy/Thomas/Bears.  I used that one to fade TNF game and used it mostly as a primetime LU with Wentz/Ertz and the rest from SNF. 

Just curious on what, if anything, you guys look at. 
Havent used it for NFL until today and that was only out of necessity -Shepard was scratched and only guy I could afford who wasnt playing was Lewis from Giants. In MLB I have swapped to a less popular stack when way behind but dont remember it actually working. 

I have never done a late swap...I just don't want to mess with it at that deep of a level.  I sort of wish the feature did not exist.  I think I might use it more if I played gpps and was deciding to play it safe or swing for the fences after some early results came in, but I am more of a cash game player.  I let my decisions ride.

I am up $36 bucks at the moment, but a few games precariously on the edge could fall one way or the other

Sitting in 11th place in another $150K Thu NFL Rush ($20K to 1st, Thu-Mon) tournament, I have 194.98 points with no players left but still have the MNF games that are included.  It's good for $400 right now.  I'm sure I'll drop some after tomorrow.

Sitting in 11th place in another $150K Thu NFL Rush ($20K to 1st, Thu-Mon) tournament, I have 194.98 points with no players left but still have the MNF games that are included.  It's good for $400 right now.  I'm sure I'll drop some after tomorrow.
:thumbup:

Alright, Karma.  You spooked me.  lol.   I am leaving a few Hundley lineups entered, but have moved most of my cash entries to Dak at the helm.  Came down to Ajayi as the second back instead of those other big boys.
FWIW...My Hundley line up outscored my Dak line up.  Hundley only had 12.88 points, but at $6500 it didn't kill me and allowed me to get Gurley, Rudolph and Gostkowski in my lineup as opposed to Ajayi, Kittle, and Lutz.   Both ended up winners, so I am happy

I am set to loss about 25% of my investment this week. My best lineup came in with 144pts. I do think tonight's game will change my fate much. Hope everyone else did better. 

Had a busy week and didn’t roll out too much money and wasn’t having any luck so then I decided to donkey off another $10 in sun/mon lineups that look pretty weak atm. Discipline reminder. 

Came out ahead for the week, although narrowly as my second lineup nabbed the last paying spot in a handful of contests. 

I only entered 50/50s and 5x this week, with about 75% of the exposure being in 50/50s.  I found that 3x was a middle that I didn't hit often -- my lineups that were taking down 3x were usually taking down 5x, or I was missing all together.  Although I wonder if LU1 would've hit 3x this week.  Additionally,  I shifted my 2x play into all 50/50 play.  Over the course of last season,  I had an ROI difference of 0.11% between my 2x and 50/50 contests in ~$700 worth of entries.  This year, I've been finding the cash lines significantly lower in the 50/50s to the point where some lineups that I would consider duds have scraped out a win.  My Win%/ROI numbers for this year are heavily skewed for those two types of contests due to the fact that I just came off a winning week with only 50/50s, but have been having much better success with them in 2017 than 2x.  LU2 is an example of the 50/50 beneficiary.  I wasn't entered into any 2x yesterday but I doubt 115.58 was cashing.

Ryan, Zeke/Ivory, Julio/R. Matthews/Fowler, Gronk, Succop, Vikings - 126.62.  Thankfully had some Zeke yesterday.  Cashed all my 50/50s, no 5x. 

Hundley, McCoy/Hyde, Dez/M. Thomas/Hogan, Graham, Gost, Bills - 115.58.  Cashed ~60% of my 50/50s. All were 100 man contests and my average finish was 50.5  

Last edited by a moderator:
He's an OK cheap option at RB but don't expect the same # of touches, if Fournette sits it would mean a uptick in touches for both Ivory and Grant
And they bring Yeldon in the mix, just killed Ivory as a play this week

Yuck, I don't see anything about this week that looks appealing, may limit entries this week in both cash and GPP.  Just seems like everything is middle of the road.

Just looked at Thur-Mon slate for both Cash and GPP, keep coming back to Wentz/Palmer/Brady for cash and I don't really like any.  At RB there are a ton of options I like but some MT and DD are high on I don't like at all, Hyde/McCoy/Ingram

Gonna take a break from looking/reading for the rest of the day, just get the feeling this week is going to be dangerous to my bankroll.

May just turn the slates into 2 or 3 game slates and play the top 3 or 4 total game players and just drop the % of my bankroll exposed.

Having both NBA and MLB to look at is not helping either :wall:
Glad I listened to myself, this week would have been a huge loss if I didn't limit my exposure, as it is looking at being down around $75 for the week

:goodposting: Thank you for mentioning the tax implications of DFS.

As I did my 2016 taxes back in March, I really struggled to find any good guidance on if/how to report DFS entry fees and winnings.  I ended up reporting my net ~ $400 winnings on Form 1040 line 21 Other Income.  It was not a straight-forward process, and I appreciate the mention, even in passing.   It seemed odd to report such a small amount, but the winnings are out there, tied to my SSN.  DFS is a controversial industry and presumably a target for audits.
You must report all net winnings. There's a misconception that you don't have to report anything below $600, but that's the minimum requirement for the sites to file a 1099. As long as it's just hobby income you don't have to pay social security or Medicair taxes on it. I always get a pretty decent report from FD. It doesn't always match my figure but it's close. I just go w/ the larger number of the 2 to be safe -- why invite scrutiny over taxes on a couple hundred bucks?
Net winnings = All dfs winnings after deduction all entry fees over the course of the whole year?

Whats everyone thinking for tonights MNF game?  Wentz, Blount, Ertz, Phi D will probably be pretty popular.  I know last time Cousins played on the road on MNF this year he came out slinging the ball against my Chiefs.

RatrodGasser said:
Whats everyone thinking for tonights MNF game?  Wentz, Blount, Ertz, Phi D will probably be pretty popular.  I know last time Cousins played on the road on MNF this year he came out slinging the ball against my Chiefs.
I like Wentz and all his receiving options. 

RatrodGasser said:
My favorite way to play DFS is to play the full slate, fade the Thur game and go heavy on Mon night.  This week fading Thur wasn't such a good idea but...

I play cash games and am in 11 contests.  I have Wentz as my QB in all 11.  I have C Thompson in 6, Elliot in 6, Ertz in 2.

But my ultimate chance play is Alston Jeffery in 9.  He got 10 targets last week and with all the injuries to WAS CBs, I could see this paying out. 

Love having players on Monday Night.  Makes it fun.

I did 8 for the Mon-Thur... I like Cousins at QB over Wentz. PHI is bad against QB and WR. WAS is better against QB and WR, however, Josh Norman is out.

I did 8 for the Mon-Thur... I like Cousins at QB over Wentz. PHI is bad against QB and WR. WAS is better against QB and WR, however, Josh Norman is out.
Don't sleep on the fact that Ronald Darby may be active tonight, if he is, their true #1 corner is back and the other corners get to slide back into where they should be more comfortable. 

I like Cousins also, throwing to my boy C Thompson :)     

Seriously tho...   I just want a high scoring game.  Love a Mon Night shootout.  Makes it all worthwhile.

Cashed both my Thurs-Mon gpps.  One was a TNF fade, and the other was a game stack for TNF.  Had a good start to the TNF stack, but pivoted off of somebody to Ivory and got off of Chic D on that one.  Oh well.  50cents in, $2.30 out!

$30 in and $33 out for the Thurs-Monday slate. Breakout was $12 in and $6 out for GPPs and $18 in and $27 out for Cash. 

The main slate was a disaster. $40 in and $3 out. My 6-7 IVC lineups for cash went $20 in and $3 out. My GPPs were $20 in and $0 out. 

I hit 20+ points almost across the board with my Qbs and RBs however I struck out bad at every other position. Was heavy on Minnesota and Miami defenses and Dan Bailey and Matt Bryant so my kicker + defense couldn’t even crack double digits. Ouch. 

How did this end up?  

Disappointing week but total losses were minor overall, so I can't complain too much.  Had tons of McCoy / Ivory combos, but totally faded Zeke.  I had so much Rishard Matthews!     I agree with KP -- it's time to quit paying up for defenses.

Disappointing week but total losses were minor overall, so I can't complain too much.  Had tons of McCoy / Ivory combos, but totally faded Zeke.  I had so much Rishard Matthews!     I agree with KP -- it's time to quit paying up for defenses.
@Church of Iggy Pop -

Not sure I am saying that either.  I guess what I am leaning to now is that it seems like a lot of the "chalk" Ds seem to be based a lot on the vegas totals and points against.  I kept reading that those bonuses don't matter as much as getting a pass rush which creates TOs, TDs, etc.   So we should probably be looking more at teams with DL/OL line advantages, Ds vs. teams that run a lot of plays, pass a lot, and lean towards Ds at home.  Sometimes that might be the chalky plays - I think Cinci is that this week, and sometimes that might lead you away from the chalk, like last week with the Bears, Chargers, Rams. 

This week doesn't line up as well, and I don't see a ton of cheap Ds that qualify besides Pitt on the road.  KC if you are playing Thurs-Mon, and Chargers might be the cheap punt for gpps if you want to go that route. 

Users who are viewing this thread