What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash area auction league (3 Viewers)

roarlions said:
Divisions on our 2009 league site don't look right to me. I know I (Philly Cheesesteaks) am supposed to be in division D.
The divisions are not right yet--I just set the league up w/in the framework we discussed, and need to get the additional info from FTT and roadie to get schedules generated and the likethanx for posting the roster...me likely :lmao:

It was great seeing everyone yesterday, and meeting the new guys. Good luck to everyone this year, except when you play the Fanatics!

Johnny/Nittany, I work down in Rockville a lot, though not much on Sundays. I'm gonna try to get down to Caddie's sometime this season, maybe we can organize a FBG afternoon.

roarlions said:
Divisions on our 2009 league site don't look right to me. I know I (Philly Cheesesteaks) am supposed to be in division D.
The divisions are not right yet--I just set the league up w/in the framework we discussed, and need to get the additional info from FTT and roadie to get schedules generated and the likethanx for posting the roster...me likely :lmao:
No problem, thanks for all of your work.

The divisions are now set up. I hope, properly. Let me know if you see a problem with anything. We're still waiting on roadie's comcast before we can load the rosters.

Great time yesterday. Enjoyed it. Special thanks to Rayderr for "fixing" the projector, renesauz for logging the miles, and nittany and ravnz's partner for filling in.

The divisions are now set up. I hope, properly. Let me know if you see a problem with anything. We're still waiting on roadie's comcast before we can load the rosters.Great time yesterday. Enjoyed it. Special thanks to Rayderr for "fixing" the projector, renesauz for logging the miles, and nittany and ravnz's partner for filling in.
Sorry I brought nothing but trouble to the league..... really bad day. Between the flat tire (nice logo, btw) and my wife falling and hurting herself right after morning football practice (where I also got named head coach), well - let's say I wasn't 100% focused. I was surprised to be done first and with $ left on the table - too much in fact. I wish I could have bought one more bigger name player, but overall I think I liked the net result. I give myself about a "B" grade for how I did, now let's see how it plays out.I'll try to be more social when I change my team name to "Threepeat". :popcorn:

Jeff Pasquino said:
Fear The Turtle said:
The divisions are now set up. I hope, properly. Let me know if you see a problem with anything. We're still waiting on roadie's comcast before we can load the rosters.

Great time yesterday. Enjoyed it. Special thanks to Rayderr for "fixing" the projector, renesauz for logging the miles, and nittany and ravnz's partner for filling in.
Sorry I brought nothing but trouble to the league..... really bad day. Between the flat tire (nice logo, btw) and my wife falling and hurting herself right after morning football practice (where I also got named head coach), well - let's say I wasn't 100% focused. I was surprised to be done first and with $ left on the table - too much in fact. I wish I could have bought one more bigger name player, but overall I think I liked the net result. I give myself about a "B" grade for how I did, now let's see how it plays out.

I'll try to be more social when I change my team name to "Threepeat". :headbang:
that is soooo not happening!missed 'ya buddy---we'll have to try to get down to Caddies some Sunday and meet up w/Johnny Nittnay & Co

Go DC Yourself said:
Rayderr said:
hope the rosters get loaded soon--like to know who I have :headbang:
You're better off not knowing.
this is not official, but I have your team being:QB: Kurt Warner, Matt Schaub

RB: Clinton Portis, Kevin Smith, Leon Washington, Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams

WR: Calvin Johnson, Eddie Royal, Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Chaz Schilens, Derrick Mason

TE: Bo Scaife, Jeremy Shockey

PK: Neil Rackers

TD: Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers
This looks right to me. When your replacement had to leave I took over because I was down to a dollar a player. Tried to get Fred Taylor like you wanted but he got too expensive to justify, but did get you Washington, Williams, Galloway, Schilens, and Shockey like you wanted, and figured you wouldn't object to the Ravens D. When you called in earlier to put the bid in on Mason I figured you were doing so based on news he unretired, and threw in my own bid but I still think you got him cheap.
:suds: :bow:

that 2 bux coulda gone to Freddie T damnit!

;)

thanx for pinch hitting for my pinch hitter! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on roster transfers. Comcast failed in its efforts to get me back up and running yesterday, trying again today. My apologies for the delay. It's been over a week now and I'm getting uncharacteristically angry about the situation.

Update on roster transfers. Comcast failed in its efforts to get me back up and running yesterday, trying again today. My apologies for the delay. It's been over a week now and I'm getting uncharacteristically angry about the situation.
Comcast sucks. I'd rather jam a chain of paper clips into my antennae jack then use their cable, and would rather use dialup over their internet service.

If someone was using the draft dominator (or similar software) during the draft, it would be pretty easy for them to export either the draft summary or the rosters to a CSV file and send it to the commish. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a computer to the draft.

If someone was using the draft dominator (or similar software) during the draft, it would be pretty easy for them to export either the draft summary or the rosters to a CSV file and send it to the commish. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a computer to the draft.
I have everything but the last 6 picks. My laptop battery finally gave out at that point.

...or everyone could just post their Rosters here!

I'll start:

Max Power: I stood in for Max, who was unable to attend. We had some discussions going into the Draft, and I had a pretty well-defined Game Plan to work with. Whether I wound up with them or not, I made strong runs at every Player he valued.

Rivers/Hasselbeck

RGrant/RBrown/FxJones/WParker/JNorwood/BrJackson/MeMoore

Jennings/Colston/Bowe/CHenry/Breaston/JNelson

HMiller

Kasay

Patriots

I think this is a pretty solid Team for a 12-Teamer, all things considered, but landing Rivers, Grant, Brown, Jennings, Colston, and Bowe was pretty expensive, and didn't leave much room for adding depth at WR and TE. Very surprised that I landed such solid depth at RB3 though. The committee of Jones/Parker/Norwood, along with Henry and Breaston, is going to produce a pretty decent quality Flex Starter from week to week, so although I'd have liked to have walked away with a stronger WR4, that 'Flex By Committee' Group (FxJones/Parker/Norwood/Henry/Breaston) has some serious upside. With only Dollar Bids available to me at the end, I chose to play it safe and grab Max some 'Training Camp Insurance' Picks - BrJackson(Grant) MeMoore(FWP) and Nelson(Jennings).

Max can pick up one of many available TE's. I should have acquired higher-tiered one for him though.

I had the opportunity to acquire Tashard Choice for $1 at the end, and I flaked on it. I think Jackson and MeMo are going to play significant roles for their Teams, though, and their stats, along with Choice's will all be in the same ballpark. I'm quite high on Choice, but he is part of a 3-Headed Committee, so even if FxJ or MB3 gets nicked, he's still going to be sharing. Jackson and Moore will carry the load if anything happens to Grant/Parker, I think. I was sky-high on Mendenhall after watching his Senior Year at Illinois, but like so many before him, I'm just not convinced that his game is translating to the NFL very well, and Tomlin recently commented that without Mewelde Moore's contributions, the Steelers would not have made it to the SuperBowl. Jackson is showing improvement, and I think he's the best pass-catching RB on the Team, IMO, and if things work out for the Packers the way I think they will, they are going to be throwing A LOT, so if Max decides to keep him, in this Format, he's got all bases covered no matter the situation the Packers find themselves in, I think.

I'd be optimistic going forward. I hope Max is!

My roster:

QB: McNabb, Pennington, Stafford

RB: Chris Johnson, LenDale White, Addai, D. Brown, J. Stewart

WR: R. Moss, TJ Housh, L. Moore, Earl Bennett, Mark Bradley, H. Nicks

TE: D. Clark, D. Keller

K: Longwell

D: Green Bay

I looked at how Nittany Lion drafted for me last year and tried to mimic that with some tweaking, mostly by spending a little more on RB and less on WR. I'm a little worried at this point about McNabb getting injured, probably should have gone for a stronger QB2. I like my RBs, although Stewart's achilles may result in him being a bust this season. Hopefully D. Brown is as good as Polian thinks he is. Have to hope that Moore recovers from his injury in time for the season and that Bennett clicks with Cutler as some people have been hyping. I think my TEs are strong, which I like with the 1.5 PPR for that position.

Overall, I might have overspent on RBs and underspent on backup QB and WRs. I'll have to see how things shape up and be watchful on the waiver wire.

Mr. Roadkill had a temporary internet connection today where he was able to get the rosters emailed to me before his connection went down again. I have forwarded the rosters to FTT and Ravnzfan, so the rosters can be loaded when they get a chance.

Sorry I brought nothing but trouble to the league..... really bad day. Between the flat tire (nice logo, btw) and my wife falling and hurting herself right after morning football practice (where I also got named head coach), well - let's say I wasn't 100% focused. I was surprised to be done first and with $ left on the table - too much in fact. I wish I could have bought one more bigger name player, but overall I think I liked the net result. I give myself about a "B" grade for how I did, now let's see how it plays out.

I'll try to be more social when I change my team name to "Threepeat". :X
Some of us leave $ on the table and some of us spend it on already limping RBs. Bush will be my contribution to the "Cash for clunkers" program.Rosters are up. Check my work and let me know about any errors.

I'm offering Harry Douglas for trade. He can be had very cheaply.

Comcast sucks. I'd rather jam a chain of paper clips into my antennae jack then use their cable, and would rather use dialup over their internet service.
Any other options besides DSL?

Just a brief word about equipment -- next year we should have no projector problems. We seem to have figured out the secret during the last two auctions in which it was used.

Any chance of getting a link to the league site so I can watch Rich get killed again this year?

Just a brief word about equipment -- next year we should have no projector problems. We seem to have figured out the secret during the last two auctions in which it was used.Any chance of getting a link to the league site so I can watch Rich get killed again this year?
Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but I won this week, just like in our league. Might just be a good year after all.

Just a brief word about equipment -- next year we should have no projector problems. We seem to have figured out the secret during the last two auctions in which it was used.

Any chance of getting a link to the league site so I can watch Rich get killed again this year?
Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but I won this week, just like in our league. Might just be a good year after all.
:thumbup: You are fantasy awesomeness.

:lmao: You are fantasy awesomeness.
That's what she said!

Users who are viewing this thread