What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Feedback on Team and current trade offers posed to me (1 Viewer)

TBBuccs6988

Footballguy
12 Team Start-Up Dynasty Super-Flex PPR w/ IDP

Starting Lineup is QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, Super-Flex   I won't include entire team, but I have QB-Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins, Jacoby Brissett, Andy Dalton (alright, quit laughing already..LOL)  RB-Christian McCaffrey, Ronald Jones II, Phillip Lindsay, James White, Rex Burkhead, Gus Edwards  WR-Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Henry Ruggs III, Tyler Johnson, Hunter Renfrow, Dede Westbrook TE-Darren Waller, Jack Doyle, Jason Witten, O.J. Howard

1st trade offer I received was a 2021 1st round pick and 2021 3rd round pick for either Ruggs III or Jefferson.   I've considered this one as I OBVIOUSLY need to address the QB position next draft (or in trade I guess)  This trade would give two first round picks (two picks in the top twelve) to go along with my two 2nd round picks, and would give me two 3rd round picks.

Other trade offer I received:  Ndamukong Suh, Rob Gronkowski, Allen Robinson II, Kareem Hunt, 2021 second, 2021 fifth, 2021 sixth  for Christian McCaffrey  (Hard to downgrade at RB when McCaffrey is all I have.  (This guy does have Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, chark jr, mclaurin, zack moss, 1st, 3rd, 4th pick to give you guys counter ideas etc))

Thoughts on any or all of the above?? LOL

What are the IDP starters and scoring?

This one is a hard pass for me, IMO could get a lot more.

Other trade offer I received:  Ndamukong Suh, Rob Gronkowski, Allen Robinson II, Kareem Hunt, 2021 second, 2021 fifth, 2021 sixth  for Christian McCaffrey  (Hard to downgrade at RB when McCaffrey is all I have

What are the IDP starters and scoring?

Starting lineups are 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, and 2 ID    I have DL-Maxx Crosby, Dante Fowler Jr.(also LB), Calais Campbell, Clelin Ferrell  LB-Joe Schobert, Shaquil Barrett, Anthony Walker, Preston Smith, Za'Darius Smith  DB-Tracy Walker, Marlon Humphrey, Stephon Gilmore, Devin McCourty, Chidobe Awuzie, Sean Murphy-Bunting

not sure how far to go with this.  I dont want to go through entire point system...LOL.   If you have specific question about scoring, I'll answer.

As you already stated QB is a huge hole for you in a SF league.  You will be chasing that for awhile unless you can get lucky in the draft.  My experience (in a similar offensive set up - not sure if your IDP is the same since you gave no info) is that QB's are very hard to come by.  Nobody trades anybody worthwhile and if you are behind the curve there you are always in trouble.  You are also lacking depth in RB and could use another steady WR piece (which you may have in Ruggs or Jefferson but just don't know yet).

If I were to shop CMC I would be looking to get a QB1 and two RB2's with some upside at a minimum. 

As far as IDP goes, the scoring is almost the most important aspect.  Players like Preston & Za'darius have little value in a balanced scoring or tackle heavy format (also odd that you tie up two spots with those two since they are on the same team).  Without knowing the scoring it's tough to comment on your IDP side. 

As far as the trade offer with Suh he is not an upper echelon guy unless there is DT premium scoring since you do not have to start a DT.  He has little value based on that. 

If you are tackle heavy/balanced you need some LB help.  You have too many big play guys without the higher floor tackle guys to go along with that.  You also have way too many DB's on the roster.  You should have 3 DB's at the most right now and you can work the waiver wire for the flavor of the week once the season gets going.  DB's are basically interchangeable and have very little value (similar to kickers).  You can always find a top 10 type guy on the waiver wire every week.  If waivers are open right now I would drop all but three DB's and try and look for some potential tackle LB's to fill our your roster. 

Now if you are a big play scoring then Barrett and the Smiths are nice gets and having them off set with Schobert is a nice way to go.  I usually like the two tackle guys with one big play guy but the Smiths' put up decent tackle numbers for rush guys that you can probably live with it for the time being. 

As far as IDP goes, the scoring is almost the most important aspect.  Players like Preston & Za'darius have little value in a balanced scoring or tackle heavy format (also odd that you tie up two spots with those two since they are on the same team).  Without knowing the scoring it's tough to comment on your IDP side. 

As far as the trade offer with Suh he is not an upper echelon guy unless there is DT premium scoring since you do not have to start a DT.  He has little value based on that. 

If you are tackle heavy/balanced you need some LB help.  You have too many big play guys without the higher floor tackle guys to go along with that.  You also have way too many DB's on the roster.  You should have 3 DB's at the most right now and you can work the waiver wire for the flavor of the week once the season gets going.  DB's are basically interchangeable and have very little value (similar to kickers).  You can always find a top 10 type guy on the waiver wire every week.  If waivers are open right now I would drop all but three DB's and try and look for some potential tackle LB's to fill our your roster. 

Now if you are a big play scoring then Barrett and the Smiths are nice gets and having them off set with Schobert is a nice way to go.  I usually like the two tackle guys with one big play guy but the Smiths' put up decent tackle numbers for rush guys that you can probably live with it for the time being. 
I agree with you on the IDP side of things....the different positions score differently, but it basically averages out to tackle/sack ratio of 1:4.  but like i said, i agree with you which is why i probably didn't mention def players in original comment...lol.   I already had a good idea the issues there.  I had a good idea on the issues on offense too for that matter...lol.  I think it was like round 4 or 5 that I remembered it was superflex when I saw QBs flying off the board....lmao  by then, I was too late!  anyways, need to address QB and then RB depth I know.   I do appreciate your thoughts on the trades though: what you want for McCaffrey etc.  THANKS!!

you know what, I was reading the wrong thing on tackles......ok, here goes   Tackles assisted 1 (DL is 1.5) ....Tackles Solo LB-1.75 DL-3 DB-2.......Tackles for loss:  2.5 (DL-3)....Touchdown-6.....Safety-10......Sacks: LB-4   DL & DB-4.5......pass deflected-3.....Int-5.......FF-3......FR-5.....block kick-5

you know what, I was reading the wrong thing on tackles......ok, here goes   Tackles assisted 1 (DL is 1.5) ....Tackles Solo LB-1.75 DL-3 DB-2.......Tackles for loss:  2.5 (DL-3)....Touchdown-6.....Safety-10......Sacks: LB-4   DL & DB-4.5......pass deflected-3.....Int-5.......FF-3......FR-5.....block kick-5
So a sack is actually much more:

LB - 4 (sack) + 2.5 (TFL) + 1.75 (tackle) = 8.25  (in most cases - rarely do you get a sack without a TFL)

DL - 4.5 (sack) + 3 (TFL) + 3 (tackle) = 10.5

DB - 4.5 (sack) + 2.5 (TFL) + 2 (tackle) = 9

*Also tack on 3 or 8 pts if the sack gets a FF and/or FR. 

ETA:  I assume half a sack just halves the sack value listed.

This is extremely weighted to big play scoring.  I think you have done a good job on the IDP side based on this scoring.  The Smith's and Barrett should be monsters in this scoring. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take the first offer (give Ruggs or Jefferson to get a 2021 1st  & 3rd), unless the other team is a top contender for this season. You're basically giving a borderline 1st/2nd 2020 rookie pick (1.12 or so in SF) to get a random 2021 1st, and that is usually a good move.

The second offer seems light for CMC. I would need to be wowed to move McCaffrey and this isn't doing it. The downgrade from CMC to Hunt seems a lot bigger than what you're gaining from any of the pieces.

The first trade for Jefferson or Ruggs is a toss up. I assume you liked them in the first place or you wouldn't have taken him. So you trade a player you already have, for a similar player next year and another guy you pick up in the 3rd. Granted having two first rounders gives you some capital to move up. I would say it depends on how much you like Jefferson or Ruggs. 

In a dynasty league I would have a tough time giving up the #1 player in FF for anything. Especially in the first year. He can almost single handily get you in the playoffs. If you make the trade I see Gronk and Robinson as spot starters, and Hunt becoming a almost every week player. I think this is a major downgrade and takes you out of the playoff hunt. 

Thanks for answering my post. I would take the 1st deal but no way I would trade CMC for that lot. You would be severely thin at RB. I don't think trade would make your team better.  As mentioned earlier it would take at minimum a QB1 and a couple of RB2's.

Users who are viewing this thread