What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ferguson To Sign With Vikings (1 Viewer)

More on the Ferguson situation

August 21st, 2007 – 10:42 AM by Judd Zulgad

The Houston Chronicle posted a story this morning that explained the reason why receiver Robert Ferguson prefers the Vikings to the Texans. Houston coach Gary Kubiak told the paper that if Ferguson joined the Texans he would be placed on their scout team in practice this week. The Vikings evidently told Ferguson he would play immediately.

“We told Robert that we’d evaluate him on the scout team in practice this week,” Kubiak said in a story on the Chronicle website. “We’re continuing to evaluate the receivers we have, and we’ve got some tough decisions to make on them. And they’ve been here the whole camp. We wish Robert the best of luck.”

That’s why Ferguson and his agent, Brian Overstreet, are returning to Minnesota today to try to get a deal done with the Vikings.

UPDATE: Overstreet and Ferguson arrived in the Twin Cities at about 11:30 a.m. and were to head to Winter Park. Overstreet said he has had preliminary contract talks with the Vikings but added that getting a deal done “shouldn’t be too tough.” The sides have discussed a one-year deal but also could end up agreeing to something longer, according to Overstreet.

UPDATE: Brad Childress just finished speaking to the press. Here’s what was said about Ferguson:

Q. Where do things stand with Ferguson?

A. “We have not been able to work out anything yet and I’ll let you know when we do. … And if we do.”

Q. The Houston paper reported that Ferguson has been told by the Texans he would be on the scout team but the Vikings told him he would play right away. Can you elaborate on your plans for him?

A. “I guess I couldn’t comment on what Gary [Kubiak] said. I don’t know if that’s a direct quote or a quote from the kid. … I don’t know how to really respond to that. With him talking about our place, I talked to the young guy. If I didn’t think he had a chance to play I would’t be bringing him in here. We’re just trying to make great competition.”
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=889

More on the Ferguson situation

August 21st, 2007 – 10:42 AM by Judd Zulgad

The Houston Chronicle posted a story this morning that explained the reason why receiver Robert Ferguson prefers the Vikings to the Texans. Houston coach Gary Kubiak told the paper that if Ferguson joined the Texans he would be placed on their scout team in practice this week. The Vikings evidently told Ferguson he would play immediately.

“We told Robert that we’d evaluate him on the scout team in practice this week,” Kubiak said in a story on the Chronicle website. “We’re continuing to evaluate the receivers we have, and we’ve got some tough decisions to make on them. And they’ve been here the whole camp. We wish Robert the best of luck.”

That’s why Ferguson and his agent, Brian Overstreet, are returning to Minnesota today to try to get a deal done with the Vikings.

UPDATE: Overstreet and Ferguson arrived in the Twin Cities at about 11:30 a.m. and were to head to Winter Park. Overstreet said he has had preliminary contract talks with the Vikings but added that getting a deal done “shouldn’t be too tough.” The sides have discussed a one-year deal but also could end up agreeing to something longer, according to Overstreet.

UPDATE: Brad Childress just finished speaking to the press. Here’s what was said about Ferguson:

Q. Where do things stand with Ferguson?

A. “We have not been able to work out anything yet and I’ll let you know when we do. … And if we do.”

Q. The Houston paper reported that Ferguson has been told by the Texans he would be on the scout team but the Vikings told him he would play right away. Can you elaborate on your plans for him?

A. “I guess I couldn’t comment on what Gary [Kubiak] said. I don’t know if that’s a direct quote or a quote from the kid. … I don’t know how to really respond to that. With him talking about our place, I talked to the young guy. If I didn’t think he had a chance to play I would’t be bringing him in here. We’re just trying to make great competition.”
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=889
That is brilliant. :blackdot:

What a sad state of affairs. A once proud franchise who had a plethora of wide receivers is now down to signing Packer castoffs late in the preseason cause they won't sign a free agent, and they can't evaluate wide receiver talent in the draft.

Sad.

What a sad state of affairs. A once proud franchise who had a plethora of wide receivers is now down to signing Packer castoffs late in the preseason cause they won't sign a free agent, and they can't evaluate wide receiver talent in the draft.Sad.
The people that drafted Williamson are gone and there wasn't much to pick from in FA this year.This year's selection of Sidney Rice will pay big dividends next year and beyond (I think he's a good one).

What a sad state of affairs. A once proud franchise who had a plethora of wide receivers is now down to signing Packer castoffs late in the preseason cause they won't sign a free agent, and they can't evaluate wide receiver talent in the draft.

Sad.
we still have a plethora of wide receivers, except they suck. if you meant a plethora of good wide receivers, well i think that would be from about 10 years ago.

Sad.
we still have a plethora of wide receivers, except they suck. if you meant a plethora of good wide receivers, well i think that would be from about 10 years ago.
Correct. I meant honest to goodness NFL caliber wide receivers. Not warm bodies who run around the field and when lucky catch a ball that happens to fly near them.

Bring him in and see what he can do, he knows the system and the vikes don't have much to work with, especially if williamson falls on his face again. Does not say much if Houston didn't even want him though, he probably won't make the team anyways....

You say you want a revolution

Well you know

We want Robert to change your world

You tell me that it's evolution

Well you know

We got Koren and but you got Rob

But when you talk about restitution

Don't you know he’ll be PUP soon

ScoobyDoo said:
What a sad state of affairs. A once proud franchise who had a plethora of wide receivers is now down to signing Packer castoffs late in the preseason cause they won't sign a free agent, and they can't evaluate wide receiver talent in the draft.Sad.
They certainly are a long way from Randy Moss, Cris Carter and Jake Reed . . .

BLOX said:
Penguin said:
He'll be lucky to make the final roster
He'll win a roster spot. May even be the #3. The real reason he's a Viking though is that he knows the Packer offense.
Are the Packers doing anything with their offense this year (with Favre still at the helm) that is that different from years past?

Weak signing. However, I stopped by mainly to count how many Packer fans take potshots at a former Packer.

BTW Andy, the folks who selected Williamson are still around.

Weak signing. However, I stopped by mainly to count how many Packer fans take potshots at a former Packer.
What about those Packer fans who took shots at Ferguson while he was still with Green Bay and never liked the fact the Packers wasted a second-round pick on him to begin with? I could care less where Ferguson ends up. I'm just glad he's finally gone.

Users who are viewing this thread