What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Top 200 Horror Movies of All Time: #117 The Taking of Deborah Logan (21 Viewers)

:pickle::clap: GOOGLE DOCUMENT WITH HONORABLE MENTIONS AND TOP 200, INCLUDING TRAILER/STREAMING LINKS :clap::pickle:

Last edited:
For those of you who did previous lists, how did you calculate the overall list? Just assign points based on ranks and add them all up? How were ties resolved?

For those of you who did previous lists, how did you calculate the overall list? Just assign points based on ranks and add them all up? How were ties resolved?
That's all I did with 80s' and my lists. Low scores highest, and tie breaker went to the movie that received the highest score. So if you did it that way, it looks like 10 would be the best score possible for a movie, and for that to happen all of us would have to have the same movie at #1.

That's all I did with 80s' and my lists. Low scores highest, and tie breaker went to the movie that received the highest score. So if you did it that way, it looks like 10 would be the best score possible for a movie, and for that to happen all of us would have to have the same movie at #1.

This seems to give too much credit for movies that are not on everyone's list. For example I have 2 lists so far and one of the list's 75th ranked movie is worth 75 points because it is only on one of the lists, which ends up being a higher ranking than say a movie that is on both lists ranked in the 50s or so. Do I need to add some sort of "penalty amount" for however many lists the movie is not on?

Already got a list!
have about 50 on mine I believe. Trying to get to 100 before really adjusting the rankings Any ProTips for these lists?

IMDB lists are a good way to find movies you may not be thinking of. Some of them are like 2000 movies long.

For ranking, I did it the hard way. Take each movie one by one, start at the bottom, and ask yourself is it better than the the movie at the bottom of the list. If so move it up and compare to the next movie on the list. so on and so on.

One additional request I have for everyone is to use the complete title of the movie. So use "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" instead of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

I had a top 5 and filled from there. I moved everything after the top 5 about a billionty times.

If there are any titles you need clarification on, just let me know.

Already got a list!
have about 50 on mine I believe. Trying to get to 100 before really adjusting the rankings Any ProTips for these lists?

IMDB lists are a good way to find movies you may not be thinking of. Some of them are like 2000 movies long.

For ranking, I did it the hard way. Take each movie one by one, start at the bottom, and ask yourself is it better than the the movie at the bottom of the list. If so move it up and compare to the next movie on the list. so on and so on.

One additional request I have for everyone is to use the complete title of the movie. So use "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" instead of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"
Found a reddit list that had year and director attached to the title, so that was a good starting point for me and nice for specificity

You can also PM me if you have a movie you’re not sure is horror. I think I’m allwing most of the “controversial” ones.

This seems to give too much credit for movies that are not on everyone's list. For example I have 2 lists so far and one of the list's 75th ranked movie is worth 75 points because it is only on one of the lists, which ends up being a higher ranking than say a movie that is on both lists ranked in the 50s or so. Do I need to add some sort of "penalty amount" for however many lists the movie is not on?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that detail. :bag:

What I did is add 101 to any movie not on the other list. So there were some in my top 10 that weren't on his list, so they had 111pts. Those usually ended up being in the 30s-40s.

Will we have to do that if there are 10 of us, though? :shrug:

May also want to use the year for movies with multiple versions, to distinguish The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022), just as an example.

May also want to use the year for movies with multiple versions, to distinguish The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022), just as an example.
Or just know that any The Texas Chainsaw Massacre listed is the original, or the entire list is immediately declared invalid due to insanity.

Yes, please do this.

Or just know that any The Texas Chainsaw Massacre listed is the original, or the entire list is immediately declared invalid due to insanity.
Around here, probably. I know people in their 20's/30's who haven't seen the original but think highly of the 2003 version

What I did is add 101 to any movie not on the other list. So there were some in my top 10 that weren't on his list, so they had 111pts. Those usually ended up being in the 30s-40s.

I think we will. Say everyone has caddyshack listed on their list as top 10. That means the final score for it would be anywhere from 10-100. So lets say it gets a score of 85. Now one person picked Ernest Goes to Jail and listed it as their 75th ranked move, so it gets 75 points. It's now ranked ahead of Caddyshack that was in everyone's top 10.

I think I need to add 76 points for each list a movie is not on. I'm going to play around with this once I get a few more lists.

I think we will. Say everyone has caddyshack listed on their list as top 10. That means the final score for it would be anywhere from 10-100. So lets say it gets a score of 85. Now one person picked Ernest Goes to Jail and listed it as their 75th ranked move, so it gets 75 points. It's now ranked ahead of Caddyshack that was in everyone's top 10.

I think I need to add 76 points for each list a movie is not on. I'm going to play around with this once I get a few more lists.

Caddyshack 2 > Earnest Goes to Jail > Caddyshack

Caddyshack 2 > Earnest Goes to Jail > Caddyshack
That’s horrorable alright.

Ah, very good point, and I wasn't thinking clearly. As you pointed out, it's probably worse in this format since the highest rated movies would probably also hover in that 75-100pt range.

On the flip side, would giving them all 76pts for non-votes make it so that nobody's hidden gems show up now?

For example, if I have some odd Japanese horror in my top 5, would that 689 point score (9x76pts + 5pts) be enough to make the countdown? Nothing's perfect, just thinking out loud.

List sent.

I went with the horror movies I loved and had the most impact on my horror fandom.

Can’t wait to see the results and discuss all these movies ad nausea. It is my favorite Genre of movies.

Ah, very good point, and I wasn't thinking clearly. As you pointed out, it's probably worse in this format since the highest rated movies would probably also hover in that 75-100pt range.

On the flip side, would giving them all 76pts for non-votes make it so that nobody's hidden gems show up now?

For example, if I have some odd Japanese horror in my top 5, would that 689 point score (9x76pts + 5pts) be enough to make the countdown? Nothing's perfect, just thinking out loud.

It probably won't. It's going to be fairly chalky at the top I think. This is why I want everyone to really think about their top movies and not put them there because they think they belong there just because they are popular classics. I mean I look at the top 10 on IMDB and I can think of about a dozens movies that are scarier and that I will go to rewatch more often, even though I acknowledge how good those classics are.

I think what I'm going to do before the countdown is highlight any movies in people's top 10 or 20 that was only on their list and did not make the cut. Sort of an honorable mention that the group didnt agree on but is probably something really good.

Limiting the list to 75, and open to all subgenres and decades means that some really good stuff was left off the list

Do we have any pre-discussions about how relevant "scary" is for your personal lists or what you are looking for when ranking, or is that off limits until countdown starts? I'm curious in general what people want out of their top horror movies.

Do we have any pre-discussions about how relevant "scary" is for your personal lists or what you are looking for when ranking, or is that off limits until countdown starts? I'm curious in general what people want out of their top horror movies.
This is fine, even encouraged. I guess the usual rule is no spotlighting specific titles?

It probably won't. It's going to be fairly chalky at the top I think. This is why I want everyone to really think about their top movies and not put them there because they think they belong there just because they are popular classics. I mean I look at the top 10 on IMDB and I can think of about a dozens movies that are scarier and that I will go to rewatch more often, even though I acknowledge how good those classics are.

I think what I'm going to do before the countdown is highlight any movies in people's top 10 or 20 that was only on their list and did not make the cut. Sort of an honorable mention that the group didnt agree on but is probably something really good.
I will just treat this list like a Desert Island favorites. Basically I ask myself what movies would I take/buy in order. That's why these lists usually start on my movie shelf, and if there is a movie that lands in my top 10-15 that I don't own, that is what I buy for myself next time I get something. My collection had more horror than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread