What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

1 of the biggest issues I have with the FFPC is that teams that are out of it where you own their 1st round pick always stop trying and don't give a F about you owning their pick. I am constantly having to email the FFPC and have them change their lineups. I think those owners are sorry owners it is really pisses me off. I won someone the #1 pick in 2022 and I even emailed them asking them if they wanted me to change my lineup. I never stopped making waivers I never stopped trying.
The last 2 years I have owned others picks and all of them didn't do a single thing in waivers or lineups even the jerk that had his own 2nd round pick which I won him the 2.01 since I emailed FFPC to change his lineup (as I had his 1st)

I think this is a simple fix whoever owns the 1st round pick for teams not in the playoffs gets to control the lineup. They are the ones that own the pick they are the ones that care.

One of the most annoying things this end of year was I finished with the 2nd and 3rd picks in 1 league and the guy beat both me and the guy I had owned his pick never once made a waiver move or a lineup change and he went on to win the 1.01. In fact the FFPC site changed his lineup for him the week he beat me in week 16 took out Chase and put in Conner for him which was the reason I lost. That is really aggravating I understand why the site in the regular season will take out injured guys for them after kickoff because of the level playing field but once the playoffs begin for both the real playoffs or the playing for pick playoffs if they own their own pick I think the system should not do this for them. If they own another person's pick then yes it should do it for them (or just let the owner of the pick control which would be better).
So this guy couldn't be bothered to put in his lineup and the FFPC changed it for him and he beat me and he wins the #1 pick. Really upsetting to be honest.

I think this is a simple fix whoever owns the 1st round pick for teams not in the playoffs gets to control the lineup. They are the ones that own the pick they are the ones that care.
I would not agree. If I don't own my first round pick I still care about my other picks and prefer to control my lineup.

1 of the biggest issues I have with the FFPC
I don't view it was an FFPC issue or anything to really fuss over. It's part of the risk of making trades, it's not the same thing to me as tanking in the season.

And I say that as someone who up until this year every single time I owned another teams future first they put forth zero effort and every time I picked 5th or 6th. That is until @joey was first time I owned someone's first and they seemed to care and he won me 1.1. I'm grateful, very, feel like he did me a solid, but he's also aware of how important it can be having say 2.1 vs 2.6 and all the other rounds as well. Those teams that make next to no effort in the draft playoffs that are returning teams with those draft picks has always puzzled me but that goes back to it's not an FFPC issue, it's an owner issue.

What I just wish for more then anything and I complain about every season is to do away with the h2h matchup seeding for the draft playoffs,especially considering we don't even have it in the real playoffs. None of it makes any sense to me and with such a massive disparity between the second and third worst team in the league it's easy to see why some people would want to tank.

Anyone else think FFPC should have 1 last waiver run after week 17 is over?
I'd like to have it. A few years ago submitted waivers without knowing we did not have ability, just assumed we did. It processed but a few days later it all got reversed.

All I can guess is the reason has to do with some concerns about frustrated owners doing a massive dump off with no plans to return?

I'd like to have it. A few years ago submitted waivers without knowing we did not have ability, just assumed we did. It processed but a few days later it all got reversed.

All I can guess is the reason has to do with some concerns about frustrated owners doing a massive dump off with no plans to return?
I emailed FFPC and they replied that they don’t do week 18 waivers.
I said, “I know you don’t. I’m asking about adding that for NEXT year” :)
if you agree, maybe a bunch of people requesting it might make them change that.

A friend and I have a $750 1 QB league that we run together. We needed less than 10 points from Swift last night to be in position to advance, because we first needed to catch a team that had no players going last night. In the fourth quarter, we were down by 1.5 points. Swift broke what looked to be a long run and had plenty of room to gain WHEN HE SLID TO STAY IN BOUNDS. I was losing my mind. He got 11 yards, then 4 on the next play, and then almost lost a yard. We were tied. Swift never gained another yard. We quickly looked up the tiebreaker rules. First tiebreaker is victory points. We had 37, the other team 36. This is for the second advancing team, so the other tied team is eliminated (for now, assuming no stat corrections, which we have to sweat out until Thursday morning).

I've never seen what is essentially a tie game in a playoff game before, in any of my leagues, ever. Crazy.

This team ended up winning the title. 😎

Would love to join a competitive, active message board league with posters from here. Other then no IDP, I can adjust to any league format. Keep me in mind if any openings. I am at that really creepy spectrum of being an active owner.

On to 2024.

I'm in a FFPC standard Never to Early BB slow draft which started today and has progressed into round two. Just thought I'd share the first round, always interesting to see how players are valued right after we exit a season.

1. CMC
2. Lamb
3. Tyreek
4. Bijan
5. Jefferson
6. Chase
7. ASB
8. Breece
9. Kyren
10. Puka
11. AJB
12. DJ Moore

And all I'd

13. Gibbs

Anything surprising to people?

Jefferson so low. Kyren so highly thought of. DJ Moore? Like, the Chicago one?

I don't think roster size has anything to do with the first round, so I'll make these comments without having played FFPC. DJ Moore looks a bit nuts to me.

I don't think roster size has anything to do with the first round, so I'll make these comments without having played FFPC. DJ Moore looks a bit nuts to me.

In FFPC scoring, DJM was WR8 in total points and WR7 in PPG. He's WR8 in the above list, so it makes sense to me, especially if the belief is that Caleb Williams is better than Fields, and that the Bears go with Caleb.

In FFPC scoring, DJM was WR8 in total points and WR7 in PPG. He's WR8 in the above list, so it makes sense to me, especially if the belief is that Caleb Williams is better than Fields, and that the Bears go with Caleb.

DJ Moore was sixth in my scoring.

I can admit when I've opened my mouth without knowing something crucial to the argument. This appears to be one of those cases. My apologies and carry on, please.

Thanks for the input. The reason I posted that first round is this is a slow draft but it's progressed faster then the others in this format and we are drafting with zero ADP data, at least as it relates to this contest/format. As we progress into drafts coming up people start relying more on ADP and the drafts start looking cookie cutter, this one feels a little wild west like to me right now. I've made a few picks and can't say my convictions have been strong, feel like I could go 5-6 directions with each pick.

Phandango already replied to the DJ Moore part and said similar to what my response would have been. There is only one other draft that made it out of round one in this format and he went 2.3 so I'd say this is his ballpark range.

Jefferson has gone 3, 4 and 5 in the 3 leagues so far I've seen. He has QB concerns and if you don't want to deal with that you can take guys like Tyreek and Lamb coming off monster seasons with no real viable concerns or take a guy like Chase knowing Burrow will be back. Those are difficult decisions IMO.

Kyren has now been drafted in 3 leagues and went 5 and 11 in the other two. He was obviously great last year but if that's his new price I won't be owning him much this season.

I can't say I was shocked or really even that surprised at any picks but Bijan going 4th was the most interesting one I did not expect.

Thanks for being charitable. I haven't sat with the numbers this year (I generally look at them once the year is over, but haven't been able to bring myself to do that, really), so I probably shouldn't be firing off so cluelessly. Anyway, I thought Bijan at four was also too high, but then I looked at KTC and he's fifth overall.

So, anyway, good luck. I'll be interested to see how it goes if you post any more picks.

On to 2024.

I'm in a FFPC standard Never to Early BB slow draft which started today and has progressed into round two. Just thought I'd share the first round, always interesting to see how players are valued right after we exit a season.

1. CMC
2. Lamb
3. Tyreek
4. Bijan
5. Jefferson
6. Chase
7. ASB
8. Breece
9. Kyren
10. Puka
11. AJB
12. DJ Moore

And all I'd

13. Gibbs

Bijan is too high IMO. I get the thought process with a new coach but I still wonder who the QB is going to be. Jefferson, Chase, Breece and probably Amon Ra would be ahead of Bijan for me. I also woud put Gibbs ahead of Kyren and AJB.

I emailed FFPC and they replied that they don’t do week 18 waivers.
I said, “I know you don’t. I’m asking about adding that for NEXT year” :)
if you agree, maybe a bunch of people requesting it might make them change that.
but have you tried clearing your cache?

Had an idea today as I was staring at my rosters…what if they had a separate section after the end of season up until cuts, similar to the IR, where you could slide your potential cuts into? I’m sure I’m not the only one counting roster spots and doing the mental visualization of who I’m cutting. It’s a pain and only compounds if you have lots of teams.

And if they had those cut slots available, you could see other teams ideas about their teams when browsing rosters for trades. Nothing binding of course, you could slide them in and out and change your mind as often as you like. Just a way to get a better visual of your actual holdover team and others as well.

Anybody else like that idea? No idea how complicated it would be to implement. Any chance FFPC would consider it? Doubt it but thought it was cool.

I like the idea from a visual prospective but that is essentially what the trade bait it for. The fact that so few people I date their trade bait as the offseason gets underway I’m guessing very few would use the possible cut feature as well. Anything to stir up league activity I’m for but I feel this is already in place as a different feature

I use a google doc to track my off-season rosters, keepers, cut candidates, etc but I’m only in 3 dynasty leagues. But it’s great to have all 3 leagues’ rosters in one place. I put my slam-dunk keepers in one section, my end of bench/remaining players in another, so I can see how many keeper-quality (imo) players I have vs how many open slots at the end of the bench remain. Helps me be prepared for the usual right-before-roster-cutdown FFPC trade flurries that happen Every year :)

I can admit when I've opened my mouth without knowing something crucial to the argument. This appears to be one of those cases. My apologies and carry on, please.
I dunno, I am iffy on DJ Moore for 2024 if the Bears draft a rookie QB. The best of the best rookies (Manning 1998, Wilson in 2012, Mayfield 2018, and Stroud 2023) had 27 or less TDs. Herbert was a super outlier with 31TDs in 2020. I think you're correct to question DJ Moore's stat line for 2024 and because of that, I'd question taking him in the 1st round even at the 12/13 turn.

Joined my first FFPC dynasty league this year with higher stakes hoping to avoid the league bums. We'll see how it goes, but I've already been bombarded by the "awful trade offer guy" multiple times. Hopefully it's just off season boredom, but man it'll get annoying if this goes on all season!

I use a google doc to track my off-season rosters, keepers, cut candidates, etc but I’m only in 3 dynasty leagues. But it’s great to have all 3 leagues’ rosters in one place. I put my slam-dunk keepers in one section, my end of bench/remaining players in another, so I can see how many keeper-quality (imo) players I have vs how many open slots at the end of the bench remain. Helps me be prepared for the usual right-before-roster-cutdown FFPC trade flurries that happen Every year :)
I keep an excel spreadsheet of all my teams (17 FFPC teams). I update it whenever I make a roster change so it's always up to date. I highlight my studs in green, the other players who would be my keepers if I had to cut down today in yellow, and the players I'd like to keep but don't make the cut in orange. Makes it easy to put together trade offers and to evaluate trade offers as they come in.

I keep an excel spreadsheet of all my teams (17 FFPC teams). I update it whenever I make a roster change so it's always up to date. I highlight my studs in green, the other players who would be my keepers if I had to cut down today in yellow, and the players I'd like to keep but don't make the cut in orange. Makes it easy to put together trade offers and to evaluate trade offers as they come in.
Exactly. Very similar concept. Love it.

Joined my first FFPC dynasty league this year with higher stakes hoping to avoid the league bums. We'll see how it goes, but I've already been bombarded by the "awful trade offer guy" multiple times. Hopefully it's just off season boredom, but man it'll get annoying if this goes on all season!
You can always block them. I try to communicate via chat in the offers or the rejections. The ones I say nothing are usually a hard no.

I had the 1.01 in one league last year, sheesh, the offers that came my way…. UGH! 😩

From FFPC's dynasty league email today:

New and improved chat and direct messaging between dynasty owners is being worked on and will be released before the NFL draft on both apps and the web version of the FFPC site as well.

Man, this would be so helpful to have a decent direct messaging system.

I'll be on the season premiere of the High Stakes Lowdown tonight with Balky at 7pm PT if anyone is interested. Gonna talk about the Never Too Early Best Ball Tourney and stuff and junk.

I'll be on the season premiere of the High Stakes Lowdown tonight with Balky at 7pm PT if anyone is interested. Gonna talk about the Never Too Early Best Ball Tourney and stuff and junk.

Good to see you around and presumably doing well. Thanks for the info.
Yeah appreciate it, hope you're doing well, as well. (That's terrible grammar but the sentiment rings true) I'm doing fantastic these days. Our car got totaled in an ice storm recently but it's our 2nd vehicle and the insurance paid us more than what I paid for the thing 6 years ago. The world of auto-economics that I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. I wanted to get rid of that car anyway. Everybody should have a medium size conifer branch fall on their car. In seriousness we were very lucky, lots of folks didn't make out so well during the recent storms (presumably not just in the PNW).

Actually the big news for me is I've launched my music show on the local radio dial here in the Portland-Vancouver area. It's just small independent radio but it's the FM dial and we have a full license for everything. I've been taking music classes for the last year plus, playing gigs, and now beginning to write my own material. Our local public school system had a strike in the fall that kept our kids out of 11 school days, which spanned Thanksgiving break. Then they missed 5 more days to these recent ice storms and so someday my kids will go to school on a regular basis.

Also working from home FT in my science field again for the last year and settled in. All this and more (than anyone wanted to know). Built my first ever guitar this fall. Ok hitting 'Post Reply' before it's too late (too late).

New and improved chat and direct messaging between dynasty owners is being worked on and will be released before the NFL draft on both apps and the web version of the FFPC site as well.

To get it to work, you just need to log out and back in again every week, and clear your cache. ;)
ETA: snarky comments aside, this sounds like a great feature.

To get it to work, you just need to log out and back in again every week, and clear your cache. ;)
Funny thing. I've never experienced any of the problems you guys talk about. I haven't had to log out and back in in years. With 17 dynasty leagues, I'm on the FFPC website every day. On the very rare occasions that I've gotten the Oops page (maybe once or twice a year), I just close the page on my browser and re-open it.

Funny thing. I've never experienced any of the problems you guys talk about. I haven't had to log out and back in in years. With 17 dynasty leagues, I'm on the FFPC website every day. On the very rare occasions that I've gotten the Oops page (maybe once or twice a year), I just close the page on my browser and re-open it.
Actually I'm the same and I think in an earlier reply I referencing "logging out" but really just did not phrase it correctly as I just do what you said, close and re-open the browser.

And the only place I ever get an error message is when I go to the "set lineup" page.

FWIW, I get the oops page as well once in a while. Backing out or logging out does not always fix the issue. Sometimes, shutting down my device and rebooting it works, but not always. There have been a few times where I needed to clear my cache to be able to log in again. Luckily, this has never happened right before kick off.

Yeah appreciate it, hope you're doing well, as well. (That's terrible grammar but the sentiment rings true) I'm doing fantastic these days. Our car got totaled in an ice storm recently but it's our 2nd vehicle and the insurance paid us more than what I paid for the thing 6 years ago. The world of auto-economics that I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. I wanted to get rid of that car anyway. Everybody should have a medium size conifer branch fall on their car. In seriousness we were very lucky, lots of folks didn't make out so well during the recent storms (presumably not just in the PNW).

Actually the big news for me is I've launched my music show on the local radio dial here in the Portland-Vancouver area. It's just small independent radio but it's the FM dial and we have a full license for everything. I've been taking music classes for the last year plus, playing gigs, and now beginning to write my own material. Our local public school system had a strike in the fall that kept our kids out of 11 school days, which spanned Thanksgiving break. Then they missed 5 more days to these recent ice storms and so someday my kids will go to school on a regular basis.

Also working from home FT in my science field again for the last year and settled in. All this and more (than anyone wanted to know). Built my first ever guitar this fall. Ok hitting 'Post Reply' before it's too late (too late).

Man, that's a fortunate story about the tree. Thank God it wasn't your house. And auto claims and auto resale are not what they used to be, that's for sure.

Wow about the music. I had a radio show once back in college that I love to this day. Those were very happy days for me, and it wasn't just because I was in college (which I didn't like at times). I truly enjoyed having the show. Something about broadcasting into the world is very exciting and calming at the same time for me. I hope whatever you're doing with it scratches that same itch.

That's good news about working from home and crazy about building the guitar. What did you do, use the conifer branch? Heh. I kid. I'm glad you hit 'post reply.' Always nice to hear what valued members of the board are doing.

Peace, barackd. Good luck with everything.

I dunno, I am iffy on DJ Moore for 2024 if the Bears draft a rookie QB. The best of the best rookies (Manning 1998, Wilson in 2012, Mayfield 2018, and Stroud 2023) had 27 or less TDs. Herbert was a super outlier with 31TDs in 2020. I think you're correct to question DJ Moore's stat line for 2024 and because of that, I'd question taking him in the 1st round even at the 12/13 turn.
Makes sense - if Fields is gone and they add another top WR - which it sounds like is the assumption. Even if they add a lesser WR, there is still the chemistry with the QB and target %, quality and variety of targets etc. DJ Moore is finally in a good situation and had a massive year. I will be reading all I can to find out how things are going with the new regime.

Can't people just email each other?

I've only ever emailed a handful of people directly, out of hundreds of different teams. I've received emails only a handful of times. It's usually a last resort. For whatever reason, I don't think it's a popular option.

What usually ends up happening is people send each other dummy trade proposals (a 7th-rounder for a 7th-rounder) and communicate via the comment box, which is kind of a dumb way but serves the purpose.

I've only ever emailed a handful of people directly, out of hundreds of different teams. I've received emails only a handful of times. It's usually a last resort. For whatever reason, I don't think it's a popular option.

What usually ends up happening is people send each other dummy trade proposals (a 7th-rounder for a 7th-rounder) and communicate via the comment box, which is kind of a dumb way but serves the purpose.
Interestingly enough you are the only person I can recall in the last year or so that sent me a direct email and for the life of me I could not figure out why people have reverted to what you are saying, sending bogus trade offers, as a way to communicate instead? What do you think is the thought process for why people have chosen to go that route instead?

I developed some good relationships on the old email method, got a few people I've been corresponding with for over 10 years now.

Interestingly enough you are the only person I can recall in the last year or so that sent me a direct email and for the life of me I could not figure out why people have reverted to what you are saying, sending bogus trade offers, as a way to communicate instead? What do you think is the thought process for why people have chosen to go that route instead?

I developed some good relationships on the old email method, got a few people I've been corresponding with for over 10 years now.

I've had good discussions over email. Honestly, I'm not sure why more people don't do it. One reason is maybe because you can't just hit "reply" to the trade offer. You have to copy and paste the person's email instead. I also think that old guys like us are fine with email, but maybe some of these younger guys don't like it?

I've sent the bogus trade offer before, mainly when I'm thinking of trading my future 1st-rounder but don't want to pay the deposit.

I've had good discussions over email. Honestly, I'm not sure why more people don't do it. One reason is maybe because you can't just hit "reply" to the trade offer. You have to copy and paste the person's email instead. I also think that old guys like us are fine with email, but maybe some of these younger guys don't like it?

I've sent the bogus trade offer before, mainly when I'm thinking of trading my future 1st-rounder but don't want to pay the deposit.
Yeah maybe too many people are in 25 leagues

You can choose to message an individual owner instead of just posting a league wide message.......chat is still league wide......I think.:confused:

You can choose to message an individual owner instead of just posting a league wide message.......chat is still league wide......I think.:confused:
They've always had that if you posted from a PC - but not through the app. Supposedly they will be adding in better messaging through the app, etc., but I just checked and I don't see any updates to the web or app platforms yet.

Yeah, doesn’t look any different to me either. their “direct message” feature on the message board is clunky at best. Would be great if they improve that to make proper direct chatting possible.

1st year playing in the FFPC format with 1QB/TEAMD/KICKER. Are Team DEF and Kickers usually cut and reacquired during the draft or do teams mostly hold them season to season?

1st year playing in the FFPC format with 1QB/TEAMD/KICKER. Are Team DEF and Kickers usually cut and reacquired during the draft or do teams mostly hold them season to season?

Everyone is required to keep one kicker and one defense. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team keep multiple of either position (maybe in best ball, but I honestly can't remember). I've traded a good defense for, like, a 6th-round pick before cutdown. Unless you've got the Cowboys defense or Justin Tucker, in head-to-head leagues I usually just stream both positions.

Man, that's a fortunate story about the tree. Thank God it wasn't your house. And auto claims and auto resale are not what they used to be, that's for sure.

Wow about the music. I had a radio show once back in college that I love to this day. Those were very happy days for me, and it wasn't just because I was in college (which I didn't like at times). I truly enjoyed having the show. Something about broadcasting into the world is very exciting and calming at the same time for me. I hope whatever you're doing with it scratches that same itch.

That's good news about working from home and crazy about building the guitar. What did you do, use the conifer branch? Heh. I
Actually I'd love to build one completely from scratch. I don't have the tools or bandwidth though. This is a cool kit here though.

It was a Chinese kit for $160 and I'm actually fairly blown away with how well it plays and sounds. Ash body maple neck. This is my radio page and if you scroll to the bottom the picture of me in the Santa hat is that guitar. I also have another kit from a different company on the way and will be here Tuesday!

I do fake offers all the time. Reasoning is simple. Many don't have their emails listed publicly. Many don't have their FFPC settings to receive the automated alerts from anything other than a trade offer. Some on purpose and some that don't even know that's a thing. I do send emails though, nothing against it other than why should we have to when we get raked as hard as we do? It's nothing less than absurd it can't be done super simply within the existing system.

People send me fake offers too and I always appreciate it. Anything to begin conversation. Except when they're deuchy but at least they're active.

Users who are viewing this thread