What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Round Strategy (1 Viewer)

oddsbodkins

Footballguy
In a (4) Keeper League (Cook, Hunt, Diggs and McKinnon) and I have the 5th pick. Really hard to say no to a bona fide RB1 there but, assuming AB is already gone, kinda have to go this route, yes? What would you guys do? Worth quadrupling down with Zeke/DJ or should I take the next best WR (probably OBJ/Julio)? 

PPR league with a super flex and a regular flex spot.

EDIT: Forgot a very important bit of info... no one drafted in rounds 1-3 are eligible to be kept, so most of the studs are still there.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Without knowing who all the best available players RB's and WR's will be hard to say. There is virtually no chance that Zeke or DJ make it to you since they are perpetual top 4 picks in redraft let alone keeper leagues. You already have 3 good RB's so I'd probably lean WR.

Unless I am missing something, no chance any of the top 40 players will be there... But given what you have you should go WR  at the 5th spot. 

Take the best player available assuming you can start 4 RB's.  If you like a RB available better than the WR's that are available then I would take the RB.  Always take BPA at that point in the draft.  Don't force any position. 

Unless I am missing something, no chance any of the top 40 players will be there... But given what you have you should go WR  at the 5th spot. 
It was I who missed something... no one drafted in the first 3 rounds are eligible to be kept. So, most studs will be there.

It was I who missed something... no one drafted in the first 3 rounds are eligible to be kept. So, most studs will be there.
ooohhhh! very nice. 

I would absolutely take a true workhorse RB. You can trade McKinnon/hunt/cooks to someone for a WR during or after the draft. The difference between the top 5 RBs and the rest of the world is big enough to justify taking one in addition to the RBs you have. 

Without the superflex, I think the easy answer is take who is left of Brown, Zeke, Gurley, D. Johnson, Bell.  

I'm told superflex can change all that but since I don't play in any super flexleagues, I don't have much experience there to give personal guidance, but looking at some superflex rankings and mock drafts around the internet, I still think you grab the last remaining of this group.

Could you give an opinion on my keeper league trade question?  Thanks!  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread